Premiere Pro RAM Speed?

How much does RAM speed matter in video editing? I primarily use Premiere Pro, sometimes Avid. Footage ranges from anywhere between 1080p from a Canon DSLR (T3i, T4i, etc.) to 4.6K footage or higher from a RED, or Black Magic, or ARRI, etc (I guess that's most of the spectrum..). 

Grab as much higher frequency you can in your budget, but don't sacrifice memory size in that process.

-- BSOD : ( --

2 minutes ago, Bootskii said:

How much does RAM speed matter in video editing? I primarily use Premiere Pro, sometimes Avid. Footage ranges from anywhere between 1080p from a Canon DSLR (T3i, T4i, etc.) to 4.6K footage or higher from a RED, or Black Magic, or ARRI, etc (I guess that's most of the spectrum..). 

It matters a lot, as the footage is preloaded in your RAM when your are time-line scrubbing(I'm also a premiere pro user), so when you're editing, it'll help you load and render quicker to get real-time update status and play the video in higher resolution in realtime.

-- BSOD : ( --

Thanks! That's not the answer I wanted, which probably means I should really pay attention.

OK, let's say I'm editing a feature film (about 90 min), shot on a RED at 4.6K, 24fps, and (idk if this would be relevant) a CGI Bigfoot has about 6 minutes of screen-time. Would 3000 Mhz make a significant (or even noticeable) difference while scrubbing than 2400?

Also, are there other areas aside from scrubbing where RAM speed has a noticeable impact?