what is color temperature at amd crimson?

Mr Fister

hello, i noticed that theres color temperature control on AMD crimson software. does it affect something and should i set it to any number specific? currently at 6500k 

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

1 minute ago, Mr Fister said:

hello, i noticed that theres color temperature control on AMD crimson software. does it affect something and should i set it to any number specific? currently at 6500k 

It affects color :P it doesn't do anything else, just set it to whatever you find visually appealing. 6500K is normal/standard.

And may I add, I found colours noticeably washed out when disabling it, so you're best option is to set it to 6500K and leave it, if you don't want to "use it"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Higher color temperature makes everything more blueish and lower makes it more yellowish. Try to find a nice balance.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

23 minutes ago, Terryv said:

Higher color temperature makes everything more blueish and lower makes it more yellowish. Try to find a nice balance.

You don't need to "find the balance", the centre is at 6500k.  That's already known :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You don't need to "find the balance", the centre is at 6500k.  That's already known :P 

some monitors tend to lean one way or another, at least mine did

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

1 minute ago, Terryv said:

some monitors tend to lean one way or another, at least mine did

I suppose, but I would always suggest using on-monitor controls before resorting to any software adjustments.  Further, if your display is bad enough that it's that noticeable, and/or your needs are such that you require high precision, I question if this slider is a) powerful enough to do what you need and b) really the best option :/

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And may I add, I found colours noticeably washed out when disabling it, so you're best option is to set it to 6500K and leave it, if you don't want to "use it"

What I do now is the OS monitor calibration every time I reinstall a driver. For some reason that always resets with a driver reinstall. I haven't missed the additional settings much since I started doing that.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit