media problems

BlackBear101

ive been having problems with a laptop i purchased, but it wasnt bothering me too much a while back so i ignored it. but now that ive been using the laptop alot more it gets fairly annoying.

the problem happens only sometimes, if i restart my laptop it will probably be gone, or i might have to restart it twice before its gone. and again while turning it on the next time, theres a chance it will be there.

ive tried restoring to factory settings twice and looked online for a while, but couldnt find anything.

the problem, when it does happen, causes the following (from what ive experience so far)

- cant play any video file

- youtube and instagram videos play, but with no audio

- my microphone wont work on google.com, it just shows a white screen with a white mic logo, instead of picking up the sound.

- neither does the recorder app in windows 10 work, just gets stuck on the white logo, almost like pausing the animation same as the google one.

- when i try troubleshooting sound problems by right clicking the speaker icon in taskbar, its stuck at checking audio service status, never moving to the next step.

- also the playback and recording devices dont launch when clicked, nor does sound app.

those are what ive noticed so far, not sure what else happens.

please help me fix this as i have no idea whats even causing it in the slightest, any help appreciated!

audio 1.PNG

google 1.PNG

movies 1.PNG

recorder 1.PNG

On 3/23/2017 at 3:23 PM, BlackBear101 said:

ive been having problems with a laptop i purchased, but it wasnt bothering me too much a while back so i ignored it. but now that ive been using the laptop alot more it gets fairly annoying.

the problem happens only sometimes, if i restart my laptop it will probably be gone, or i might have to restart it twice before its gone. and again while turning it on the next time, theres a chance it will be there.

ive tried restoring to factory settings twice and looked online for a while, but couldnt find anything.

the problem, when it does happen, causes the following (from what ive experience so far)

- cant play any video file

- youtube and instagram videos play, but with no audio

- my microphone wont work on google.com, it just shows a white screen with a white mic logo, instead of picking up the sound.

- neither does the recorder app in windows 10 work, just gets stuck on the white logo, almost like pausing the animation same as the google one.

- when i try troubleshooting sound problems by right clicking the speaker icon in taskbar, its stuck at checking audio service status, never moving to the next step.

- also the playback and recording devices dont launch when clicked, nor does sound app.

those are what ive noticed so far, not sure what else happens.

please help me fix this as i have no idea whats even causing it in the slightest, any help appreciated!

audio 1.PNG

google 1.PNG

movies 1.PNG

recorder 1.PNG

Laptop manufacture? model #? purchased when? specifications?

11 hours ago, Jaidenortiz7 said:

Laptop manufacture? model #? purchased when? specifications?

its an acer aspire v15 (v3 575G-58HX)  i purchased it around august 15 last year, its specs are 

intel core i5 6200U

nvidia 940m

4 gb of ram (i upgraded to 8 a few months later)

windows 10 home

not sure if i missed anything.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:13 PM, Jaidenortiz7 said:

You might just have to download the drivers from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6342?b=1

ill look into that, thanks!

On 3/25/2017 at 9:08 PM, Jaidenortiz7 said:

Go to playback and recording devices and send a screenshot of that

next time it dosnt work ill send the screen shots if i can open it, if not, ill let you know.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:08 PM, Jaidenortiz7 said:

Go to playback and recording devices and send a screenshot of that

the issue happened again

both of them wouldnt even launch when the problem happened, even "sound" wouldnt launch, same as before

gonna be updating drivers soon, will let you know if that fixes it!

On 3/25/2017 at 9:13 PM, Jaidenortiz7 said:

You might just have to download the drivers from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6342?b=1

so i decided to try updating windows and then downloading the drivers... and its been the worst

windows update (even when the problem isnt taking place) wont start, its just stuck on checking for update..  idk what to do about this.