2700k hot temps?

Memories4K
Go to solution Solved by Mooshi,

Cooler might not properly be mounted. Those temps are super bad.. I'd double check the mounting and even consider an aftermarket cooler.

EDIT: Found the problem. My friend had a wire stuck in the Intel stock fan that kept it from spinning...Thanx laddos lmao

Buddy has a 2700k that just started overheating.
voltage looks fine , not overclocked, using stock cooler, newly applied thermal paste.
Help me out here?
tmp.jpg

Hitting the 90s for some reason with lower voltage and stock clocks

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Cooler might not properly be mounted. Those temps are super bad.. I'd double check the mounting and even consider an aftermarket cooler.

4 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Buddy has a 2700k that just started overheating.
voltage looks fine , not overclocked, using stock cooler, newly applied thermal paste.
Help me out here?

Hitting the 90s for some reason with lower voltage and stock clocks

Time to replace the pile of crap... WAY TOOO HOT. 

Just like me. /jk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Temps like that says bad contact. If I recall correctly the stock heatsink uses pushpins. Make sure they're fully inserted and none are broken. Even if the fan isn't spinning a passive stock cooler under no load should have results better than that.

27 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

EDIT: Found the problem. My friend had a wire stuck in the Intel stock fan that kept it from spinning...Thanx laddos lmao

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Temps like that says bad contact. If I recall correctly the stock heatsink uses pushpins. Make sure they're fully inserted and none are broken. Even if the fan isn't spinning a passive stock cooler under no load should have results better than that.

He's hitting 60c on load now
Which isn't great but he's upgrading to a liquid cooler later on and he's not thermal throttling now.

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

giphy.gif

He's talking to me over Discord lmao i asked if it was seated correctly and he said yes but it wasn't till later that i even asked if the fan was even spinning.

"If you ain't first, you're last"