Monitor Refresh Rate 144hz

WildnoutWiles

So I bought a 144hz Acer monitor, and with my setup I can run CS GO around about 230ish FPS, and that is where I plan to use 144hz. With the other games like BF1 and GTA V I won't be able to push over 100 FPS on the highest settings. So my question is when I play the other games that can't exceed 100 FPS should I lower my monitors Hz to put less strain on my setup?

6 minutes ago, WildnoutWiles said:

So I bought a 144hz Acer monitor, and with my setup I can run CS GO around about 230ish FPS, and that is where I plan to use 144hz. With the other games like BF1 and GTA V I won't be able to push over 100 FPS on the highest settings. So my question is when I play the other games that can't exceed 100 FPS should I lower my monitors Hz to put less strain on my setup?

The refresh rate of your monitor does not put strain on your system, the FPS you're pushing does. Lower the settings in your game.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Absolutely not.  Even 60 fps with a 144hz monitor feels better then a 60.60

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The refresh rate of your monitor does not put strain on your system, the FPS you're pushing does. Lower the settings in your game.

So ultimately higher hzs doesn't put additional stress on my rig, I rather stay at that 1080p 60 fps high settings that my GPU can handle.

38 minutes ago, WildnoutWiles said:

So ultimately higher hzs doesn't put additional stress on my rig, I rather stay at that 1080p 60 fps high settings that my GPU can handle.

Yes, and you should definitely play games at the highest refresh rate you can. Yes, that means turning down settings in a lot of games but it's worth it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||