Ubisoft says you're not supposed to 100% complete For Honor

4 hours ago, 2Buck said:

For full price games, paid DLC should NEVER exist. I refuse to support games that do that. If it's not a full price game, a cheap game or a free game, then I understand.

Do you primarily mean launch day DLC (aka, fuck you give us money)? Not DLC that was only made after the launch? (as in development started after the game was released)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

What's funny to me as I'm sure there are people who have done everything with every character in WoW, but WoW's an MMO where long term goals are required. For Honor shouldn't be

Why should there be a difference there?

As far as Ubisoft is concerned, they want the game to have long term goals, to keep people playing.

If you unlocked everything after a few months of play, and literally maxed out every class under every faction, would you not get bored of it, with no further progression possible?

For Honor is a multiplayer game - the whole point is to keep the user engaged and playing as long as possible.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

As far as Ubisoft is concerned, they want the game to have long term goals, to keep people playing.

If you unlocked everything after a few months of play, and literally maxed out every class under every faction, would you not get bored of it, with no further progression possible?

For Honor is a multiplayer game - the whole point is to keep the user engaged and playing as long as possible.

I had like 500 hours on Team Fortress 2 before hats, the fun of the game should be enough to keep you playing, and at least in decent MMO's you play that long for useful abilities or features of the game instead of a friggin cosmetic

back before micro transactions become a thing I used to love getting 100% in games but now I just do not care because I KNOW am not getting 100%, but i still love doing it in games without micro transactions in them.

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

they want the game to have long term goals,

If the game is fun people gonna keep playing it or gonna play it again. Just look at CSGO I have almost 3K hours in it and never bored of it. ( Comparing it to CSGO because For Honor has PVP )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen people quit the MMOs I played after they accomplish major goals.

I remember this guy in my old Guild Wars 2 guild quit just a week after he made his legendary weapon. Like how the hell? He also had maxed out a character for every class I think. Guess he had too much time on his hands and moved on to another MMO trying to figure out how to have fun again.

5 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I had like 500 hours on Team Fortress 2 before hats, the fun of the game should be enough to keep you playing, and at least in decent MMO's you play that long for useful abilities or features of the game instead of a friggin cosmetic

You get better gear in For Honor, not just cosmetics. There's a gear progression and then there's the skill progression because the game is very difficult to be good at.

On 24/03/2017 at 3:14 AM, Eaglerino said:

Yes but the gear in For Honor isn't purely cosmetic. You get better gear and skill points for progression. In addition, you get cosmetics too. I fail to see the problem with this.

From all accounts that I've heard, For Honor is a fun game if you like that type of combat system (some do, some don't). And there are different modes, for which the leveled gear either does, or does not apply - which allows players of varying progression levels to play against one another without one player having a clear advantage.

Although with the learning curve, you're probably still going to lose against a player who's been playing the game longer anyway - whether you've got better gear or they've got better gear.

On 24/03/2017 at 7:40 AM, cesrai said:

If the game is fun people gonna keep playing it or gonna play it again. Just look at CSGO I have almost 3K hours in it and never bored of it. ( Comparing it to CSGO because For Honor has PVP )

From the accounts I've heard, and reviews I've seen, For Honor is a fun game. So I don't know what to tell you. Most players want progression. Not having it at all would have, honestly, been a business mistake. It's the reason games like COD and BF and RS;S are the way they are.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

From the accounts I've heard, and reviews I've seen, For Honor is a fun game. So I don't know what to tell you. Most players want progression. Not having it at all would have, honestly, been a business mistake. It's the reason games like COD and BF and RS;S are the way they are.

I haven't played the game yet so I can't judge but from reviews and that my friend recommends I can guess it's a fun game. About progression I agree that not having it would have been a mistake. It's just that paying for a better gear that I'm a little bit against. I don't know how hard it is to earn/get the same gear so yeah. If the difficulty is reasonable and like the gear doesn't give that big of an advantage in PVP then I have no problem with the system they use.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

41 minutes ago, cesrai said:

I haven't played the game yet so I can't judge but from reviews and that my friend recommends I can guess it's a fun game. About progression I agree that not having it would have been a mistake. It's just that paying for a better gear that I'm a little bit against. I don't know how hard it is to earn/get the same gear so yeah. If the difficulty is reasonable and like the gear doesn't give that big of an advantage in PVP then I have no problem with the system they use.

My personal stance is that if it's not too difficult to grind and get gear, then there is absolutely no problem with the developers also offering the option to buy crates. Especially since the crates are random anyway, so you're not buying a specific sword or piece of armour.

That's not to say that For Honor has a perfect level of grind - I don't know, as I haven't played it personally either. But those are things that can be tweaked with balance updates.

Furthermore, the entire idea that it takes 2.5 years to grind out every piece of equipment? Why is that even inherently a bad thing? It COULD mean that there is just an insane amount of gear and cosmetics.

I totally get the urge to 100% games, but some types of games are just not suited to that type of completionist mentality.

Feels to me like people are getting angry for the sake of being angry.

Not that it isn't a bit painful to realize that you'll never unlock everything in a game, but good grief, folks, it's not like Ubi is locking you out of entire segments.  You can still have fun without paying an extra cent, and you won't miss that much if you refuse to pay more.

Game devs absolutely have to think carefully about paid extras.  Don't allow any significant chances at pay-to-win, don't lock truly important content behind DLC and don't offer DLC right when the game launches.  And as far as I can tell, Ubi is respecting those tenets... For Honor's paid goodies are more the cherry on top of the sundae than anything else.

This is why I tell Ubisoft they're not supposed to get 100% of the asking price for their games.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I just watched the wan show, and i have to say, the point here flew way over luke's head.

yes there are achievement hunters in WoW! i was one myself! But i did not want ALL the achievements on ALL classes! that's just stupid! in WoW it would probably take literal years of playtime to get such a feat, and its the same thing in for honor, you find which classes you like and you farm the content for those alone, and even if you paid it wouldnt be 700+ dollars or 2+ years of grinding...

i'm assuming neither of our hosts here have played the game or know anything of it at all.

Don't see what the fuss is about and I'm not exactly an Ubi fan. As someone that plays WoW, I get it. With all the mounts, class specific stuff, expansion content, pvp exclusives and some pay stuff--some games are unrealistic to be getting 100% completion.

It just dawn on me: Maybe this is the one time we should endorse piracy (not really but for the sake of this argument) and grey market keys: You're not really supposed to pay 100% retail price if you're not really supposed to get 100% of the game.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Their argument would make sense - IF they had the amount of content wow has and there weren't microtransactions involved.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i have a problem with this because the customer actually paid for all that cosmetic content, it is all included in the 60€ price tag and it shouldn't take 2 fucking years to get all of it.

when the line between f2p and p2p gets blurred 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 23/03/2017 at 6:40 PM, ivan134 said:

Fix for night theme users

linustech.png

is that an google add-on?  want night theme as well

4 minutes ago, Norwegiandude said:

is that an google add-on?  want night theme as well

Scroll to the bottom of the page, press them and select Night Theme 2.0. This setting syncs for your entire account, where ever you log in.

4 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

i have a problem with this because the customer actually paid for all that cosmetic content, it is all included in the 60€ price tag and it shouldn't take 2 fucking years to get all of it.

I don't know about that last part. You pay for all the (non DLC) characters in Mario Kart or Smash Bros., but you do have to unlock them by doing races, challenges or generally playing a lot. People don't complain about that.

And if you want to say 2 years is too much compared to these games, than you have to draw line somewhere.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm not sure what the complaint is. Overwatch has been out for almost a year and I haven't even unlocked 50% of the content 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

16 hours ago, Sauron said:

Their argument would make sense - IF they had the amount of content wow has and there weren't microtransactions involved.

You're heavily taking what they said out of context.

7 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

You and everyone else continually complaining about this are trying so hard to hate Ubisoft you'll grasp at straws just to show your edgy angst.

"DAE hate Ubimeme cuz dey haz u unlock content as progreshun???"

Pretty sure I've played Skyrim for 5 years and still haven't found everything. Guess I should start spreading around Bethesda memes because they put too much content into Skyrim.

Just now, Kloaked said:

You're heavily taking what they said out of context.

You and everyone else continually complaining about this are trying so hard to hate Ubisoft you'll grasp at straws just to show your edgy angst.

"DAE hate Ubimeme cuz dey haz u unlock content as progreshun???"

Pretty sure I've played Skyrim for 5 years and still haven't found everything. Guess I should start spreading around Bethesda memes because they put too much content into Skyrim.

With Skyrim....its far easier to unlock everything, and all of that content doesn't have a "give us money to win/unlock everything" option-which is designed to make people pay instead of earning it ingame.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Kloaked said:

Does bethesda sell the items you didn't find yet for real money? When microtransactions are involved there's always the suspicion that the grind may have been overtuned to promote spending money. In a full price game, that's a little ridiculous.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*