Ubisoft says you're not supposed to 100% complete For Honor

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Out of curiosity what is your reasoning for defending them?

Personally it doesn't affect me as I was never going to buy the game to begin with.

If they want to put assloads of micro-transactions into their games they're free to do so. It simply means that I won't buy it.

If there are plenty of people out there that are willing to part with their cash on that stuff then by all means keep at it, I know if I was a game dev and that opportunity presented itself I would definitely do it as well. I mean let's be honest here people, nobody is forcing anyone to purchase these kinds of games yet it keeps happening. They're a business after all so they're not going to derail the money train any time soon xD

It may be because ubisoft doesn't intend you to buy everything,  and that won't lead you to having a more expensive game. I haven't played for honor, but if it's anything like R6 siege, you get the important stuff and the rest is just nice to have but not necessary. I'd argue EA is worse with their dlcs because you get significantly less playable content and it's still a full priced game.

And by the reasoning, hating on ubisoft for this should lead to hating on valve for cs go, but nobody is doing it

I thought I read about this a week ago...

But yeah its bullshit. I am sick of full price games and then in game purchases. I am completely fine with it for free to play games because thats how they make their money. 

Also another this is part of the $700+ dollars are emojis which can be unlocked in game but instead charge something like $7 a piece. Like who the fuck pays for a character animation?

Either way this is a full priced game with free to play mechanics AND pay to win purchases. 

45 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

According to a Techspot Article (http://www.techspot.com/news/68629-ubisoft-defends-honor-microtransactions.html): 

This is extremely excessive as there are gamers out there with an addiction for 100% games that they really enjoy.  In Ubisoft's response, game director Damien Kieken defended the micro-transactions by saying:

In a game that you are already paying full price for, having to either play for 2.5 years, pay an additional $732 or some combination in between is getting out of hand.  My personal opinion is that add-on/DLC content is okay for requesting an additional fee to a full priced game, but if you pay full price for a game, you shouldn't be expected to pay additional to timely unlock the content or have to spend over two years playing to get it all.  Can game developers PLEASE stop this.

when did kids get so whiney? When I started playing Mario with my Grandad I spent hours trying the same level over and over. Learning each and every level. Then came a boss battle and then boom hit with a boss move and I would try so many different way to avoid it then when I mastered it, it had a few more to learn. 

games are baby fed to us now, its quite boring. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

55 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

For full price games, paid DLC should NEVER exist. I refuse to support games that do that. If it's not a full price game, a cheap game or a free game, then I understand.

DLC isn't bad you know ? Just look at Borderlands 2 and how they implemented DLC that was amazing. I also think Shadow of Mordor DLC was amazing. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

15 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Personally it doesn't affect me as I was never going to buy the game to begin with.

If they want to put assloads of micro-transactions into their games they're free to do so. It simply means that I won't buy it.

If there are plenty of people out there that are willing to part with their cash on that stuff then by all means keep at it, I know if I was a game dev and that opportunity presented itself I would definitely do it as well. I mean let's be honest here people, nobody is forcing anyone to purchase these kinds of games yet it keeps happening. They're a business after all so they're not going to derail the money train any time soon xD

Have you played For Honor?
what they are referring to as "content" is every armor and skill unlocked for all 12 characters, in this case, i 100% agree with ubisoft, you're not supposed to unlock them all. You play a little bit with each character to find your favorite playstyle(s) and focus on those few characters, and even those will take quite a grind, especially because most of them are easy to play but the skill cap is absurdly high.

the micro is there for those who can't play enough to grind it out on the characters they do like, and even the people who pay aren't expected to pay 700+ dollars... come on guys... getting 100% on every game was a thing when we were all playing on cartriges and game CDs were expensive, before the steam glory days, when we only got 1 game on xmas and one game on your birthday sort of thing.

im glad that i chose ghost recon wildlands over for honour. (free game, gtx 1070)

now that im playing it, the cutscenes are cinematic 24 fps.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

For full price games, paid DLC should NEVER exist. I refuse to support games that do that. If it's not a full price game, a cheap game or a free game, then I understand.

I mean, DLCs or Expansion Packs? The difference seems lost in the modern world, but I will gladly shell out more money for something like Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

25 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I can see why it would be considered a poor comparison between For Honor and F2P MOBAs, but they didn't only mention MOBAs. Their point was you're not expected to unlock everything, so they provide a way to unlock certain things through microtransactions. The fact that it's a gamble to get what you actually want, or how much these packs cost is another issue entirely in my opinion.

I'm defending the Ubi rep because I think they're being horribly misrepresented by the article and misunderstood by sensationally driven gamers who have been spoiled by free titles that have problems of their own; issues that they all of a sudden ignore when a company with a finished title asks for extra money for extra benefits that you don't have to have.

I have other thoughts about this but they're way more subjective and anecdotal, and would be controversial to many members here so I will hold back :P

12 minutes ago, rhavimarques said:

Have you played For Honor?
what they are referring to as "content" is every armor and skill unlocked for all 12 characters, in this case, i 100% agree with ubisoft, you're not supposed to unlock them all. You play a little bit with each character to find your favorite playstyle(s) and focus on those few characters, and even those will take quite a grind, especially because most of them are easy to play but the skill cap is absurdly high.

the micro is there for those who can't play enough to grind it out on the characters they do like, and even the people who pay aren't expected to pay 700+ dollars... come on guys... getting 100% on every game was a thing when we were all playing on cartriges and game CDs were expensive, before the steam glory days, when we only got 1 game on xmas and one game on your birthday sort of thing.

There are a ton of people who like playing all classes and not dedicating to one class only. Especially if you do spends weeks or months grinding one class just to not enjoy it in the end. The grind for one class shouldnt be that much in the first place. 

Also your old game analogy is pointless as back in the day we had these things called cheat codes. You know, these free things that came with the game that served the same function as a lot of in game purchases in todays game.

32 minutes ago, typographie said:

This was fine back when we called it an "expansion" and it came on a piece of plastic.

Yes but how old is for honor, a month? 732 dollars worth of microtransations in a months time seems absurd

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

You know, these free things that came with the game that served the same function as a lot of in game purchases in todays game.

You mean those things that made the game easier and quicker to play through since you could progress much faster or even skip levels?

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Yes but how old is for honor, a month? 732 dollars worth of microtransations in a months time seems absurd

I do believe that's an estimate on what it would take to obtain everything. That number would vary on person to person depending on your luck. The system works just like Overwatch's does, but I didn't see articles complaining about it.

Just now, Kloaked said:

I do believe that's an estimate on what it would take to obtain everything. That number would vary on person to person depending on your luck. The system works just like Overwatch's does, but I didn't see articles complaining about it.

Oh its a lotto system for skins, well then this is a non story.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Oh its a lotto system for skins, well then this is a non story.

There are some skins, and then there is gear with stats you can get from them. However, you can get good gear very quickly which is why this is still not an issue.

44 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

It may be because ubisoft doesn't intend you to buy everything,  and that won't lead you to having a more expensive game. I haven't played for honor, but if it's anything like R6 siege, you get the important stuff and the rest is just nice to have but not necessary. I'd argue EA is worse with their dlcs because you get significantly less playable content and it's still a full priced game.

And by the reasoning, hating on ubisoft for this should lead to hating on valve for cs go, but nobody is doing it

so you pay for a full priced game to get part of the experience? that sounds like a good company practice we should defend, we are talking about Ubisoft not valve or EA that's a whole another can of worms. Ubisoft are the geniuses that said framerates and resolution are just numbers on paper, 30 fps feel better for players.

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-unity-resolution-frame-rate-ubisoft-reponse/

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so you pay for a full priced game to get part of the experience? that sounds like a good company practice we should defend, we are talking about Ubisoft not valve or EA that's a whole another can of worms. Ubisoft are the geniuses that said framerates and resolution are just numbers on paper, 30 fps feel better for players.

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-unity-resolution-frame-rate-ubisoft-reponse/

This is partly why I'm defending the Ubisoft rep, personally. I think you guys are letting your angst of Ubisoft get in the way of thinking rationally about this particular situation. They didn't do anything wrong here.

22 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You mean those things that made the game easier and quicker to play through since you could progress much faster or even skip levels?

And the problem is? 

What about in this game where you can purchase points to use towards skills so it makes it easier? Especially against players still grinding from stock. So same thing but you have to pay now. 

I enjoy grinding in games but the whole argument is about it taking so god damn long to move up which is fucking retarded. Especially for casuals or people who literally only have 1-2 hours a day to play because of life, work or whatever.

Glad you support ubisofts move on a full priced game with a free to play model.

26 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

There are a ton of people who like playing all classes and not dedicating to one class only. Especially if you do spends weeks or months grinding one class just to not enjoy it in the end. The grind for one class shouldnt be that much in the first place. 

Also your old game analogy is pointless as back in the day we had these things called cheat codes. You know, these free things that came with the game that served the same function as a lot of in game purchases in todays game.

Yes, there are a ton of people playing all classes, and I expect my vanguard (one of for honor's characters) to outgear these people, as i only play with this one class.

also, those cheat codes, they did not "come with the game for you to skip content"... they were put there so the beta testers didn't have to play hours and hours of the game to unlock things they were meant to test. This point is moot. Back then, they wanted you to play the shit out of their one game so that they had time to make the next one, so that by the time your birthday was up, you would buy their next game instead of a random other game, skipping content was not in the developer's best interest

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

And the problem is? 

Because now the main complaint about games is lack of content, but you want to bring back ways to circumvent having content at all.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

What about in this game where you can purchase points to use towards skills so it makes it easier? Especially against players still grinding from stock. So same thing but you have to pay now. 

Like I said in my other post that you probably didn't read since I responded to someone else, that is another issue entirely in my opinion. This problem doesn't exist solely in For Honor or just Ubisoft titles, though.

I see your point, though, to be clear.

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I enjoy grinding in games but the whole argument is about it taking so god damn long to move up which is fucking retarded. Especially for casuals or people who literally only have 1-2 hours a day to play because of life, work or whatever.

That's another problem entirely. Has nothing to do with the point the rep was making.

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Glad you support ubisofts move on a full priced game with a free to play model.

I don't support scams. I don't like paying taxes for example. What Ubisoft is doing isn't a scam, though.

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

i would also understand it if they add a load of new shit and mechanics to the dlc. but most dlc nowadays is just reskins or weapons.

So he's telling me how I tend to play a game, I tend to so called max a char in WoW now so yeah. But whatever, when you base end-game on microtransactions and thus make that to keep people playing the game, you know something is wrong with the game. To add many games lately do so. Game shouldn't be revolved about that, specially paid one.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

58 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

So he's telling me how I tend to play a game, I tend to so called max a char in WoW now so yeah. But whatever, when you base end-game on microtransactions and thus make that to keep people playing the game, you know something is wrong with the game. To add many games lately do so. Game shouldn't be revolved about that, specially paid one.

Do you max out every class for every race? Because that's basically what the argument is - people generally don't do that. They pick a couple of classes that they like and they stick with those, generally.

What's funny to me as I'm sure there are people who have done everything with every character in WoW, but WoW's an MMO where long term goals are required. For Honor shouldn't be

19 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Do you max out every class for every race? Because that's basically what the argument is - people generally don't do that. They pick a couple of classes that they like and they stick with those, generally.

Yeah, not really the point comparing freaking MMORPG with many classes to a game like For Honor

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |