UNSC N202: Misriah Armory themed AM4 + 1080 Node 202 Build (Custom Water Loop) (Long Duration)

FAQBytes

Hello everyone, 

So, this thread serves two purposes. For one, it's a build log that I think many people will enjoy. I feel that what I will be doing here will be rather unique in many aspects.

Perhaps more importantly, this is a subconscious thing that will prevent me from going back on this and wasting another 100 hours figuring out what I want to do for an updated build.

The Current plans for this build include:

-=- Full 240 mm radiator and custom loop

-=- Full length EVGA FTW 1080 watercooled

-=- AM4

-=- Full Panel Window

-=- UNSC Themed (without being too cluttered)

This build will take place in several stages without a definitive timeline as my life is as crazy and I don't need to add another timeline to it. So, just let it happen.

-=- Stage 1: Case Purchase and Painting (and Window Mod)

-=- Stage 2: Prep for Air Cooled Test Rig

-=- Stage 3: AM4 ITX mobo and CPU purchase

-=- Stage 4: Prep for Custom Loop (Machine Reservoir, etc.)

-=- Stage 5: Soft Tubing water loop

-=- Stage 6: Hard Line loop?

I want this to still look relatively minimalistic, yet have a lot to look at, if you catch my drift. The Exact dimensions of each graphic is to be determined once I get the case purchased, painted, and window modded. 

The following is the desired base coat of the PC as well as graphics to be added.

58d3fcfaea82e_Node202White.png.8540face713c2328bfed6c4508a7231c.pngThe entire side panel (not front) facing towards the camera will be replaced by a window. What is to go on the front is TBD.

58d3fd0fe2f63_Node202BackPanelSmall.jpg.1eb56c099f0f3d27e1ef2dd526551da0.jpg

This will be cut out on a vinyl cutter then transferred over to the case. Size TBD

58d3fcfb1c7a0_UNSCLogoSmall.jpg.63a02814d3416ed618c7a23869121818.jpg

This logo will be painted on the window panel itself using Krylon Looking Glass for a mirrored with a light coat so that it is see through or a light paint of grey non-mirrored so that it would be similar to an area of frosted glass, both of which I think would look fantastic. The image will be flipped then cut out on a vinyl cutter so that it can be easily transferred to the inside of the window then painted.

I'd like to give a shout-out to @SonoDanshi for his Node 202 build which solidified my decision on the case and will serve as a large inspiration for the water cooling loop itself. 

You can find his build here:

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Reserved

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Reserved

Reserved

2 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

Reserved

How are you going to fit a pump and radiator in the case? Id be very interested to see :) Also, if i may suggest, a slim 240mm radiator to save room? 

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

How are you going to fit a pump and radiator in the case? Id be very interested to see :) Also, if i may suggest, a slim 240mm radiator to save room? 

At the bottom I linked to another build that did just that, which is serving as a large inspiration for the water-cooled portion of this project.

Very much looking forward to seeing someone else take a crack at this challenging little puzzle. Subbed so I can follow along with your progress.

I am still toying with the concept of a Phase 2 where I clean up some of the lazy things I did as well as throwing some tempered glass on the top like you plan to do and maybe see if I can get a new custom res fabricated by someone.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Oh just a thought.... have you already ordered / own the 1080? If not the 1080Ti would probably make your life easier as it doesn't have a pointless DVI connector. I'm fairly certain that you'll have to chop that off the 1080 if you want to mount the 240mm rad under the card as it will block the space needed.

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

1 minute ago, SonoDanshi said:

-Snip-

I will be purchasing one from a friend for $200 who wants to see this done as well. That is his contribution to the project.

47 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

I will be purchasing one from a friend for $200 who wants to see this done as well. That is his contribution to the project.

Fair enough. Happy chopping then!

I also saw that EK announced a new dual rotary fitting for GPU blocks today. That might help you out a bit as well. >> link <<