AMD Ryzen's FMA3 system freeze issue detailed, a confirmed fix by AMD is in the works

Morgan MLGman
3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Part of my response was to people picking faults at the AM4 platform, so I picked at X99s faults. Also I didn't meant to necro a two week old post, I don't actually know how that happened, I didn't actively search for it. Not only that but I hadn't intented to make clone posts, I saw two posts that it was relevant to and replied accordingly. I also pride myself on not blindly crusading for AMD while being a fanboy for them, if they mess up, I'll critise them, but it does annoy me when AMD gets so much undeserved flak for launching a less than polished platform, there's only so much you can delay a product before it starts to eat at revenue and share holders get antsy.

Admittedly it is overblown to a fault. But it's not something that should be ignored, especially involving the RAM speed issue. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

5 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Part of my response was to people picking faults at the AM4 platform, so I picked at X99s faults. Also I didn't meant to necro a two week old post, I don't actually know how that happened, I didn't actively search for it. Not only that but I hadn't intented to make clone posts, I saw two posts that it was relevant to and replied accordingly. I also pride myself on not blindly crusading for AMD while being a fanboy for them, if they mess up, I'll critise them, but it does annoy me when AMD gets so much undeserved flak for launching a less than polished platform, there's only so much you can delay a product before it starts to eat at revenue and share holders get antsy.

Undeserved? Every mistake, regardless of the company, deserves to be brought to the light so that the public becomes aware of it. I don't condone people blatantly labeling a company as "such and such company" unless the company has a very clear history of living up to that reputation, but people are free to do as they please. 

My point is, whenever a flaw or mistake is presented in a non-threatening, non-inflammatory way, there is no need to try to rationalize it by saying "Well, X company does it too!". The best course of action in situations like these, is to gather all the information you can about a product, regardless of whether it's good or bad, and share it all openly. The same goes for Intel, Nvidia, or anyone for that matter. People that speak about only the good things, while intentionally avoiding the cons, only make things worse. It's as if they'd rather people never know about the problems, likely impeding any chance for them to be fixed, just so they can say their favorite brand never had any problems tied to it.

Sorry for coming off strong against you, as I don't really care that you brought up Intel at all, I was just confused as to why it was done twice. Glad we could clear it up. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

16 minutes ago, MageTank said:

-snip-

I should probably have cleared myself up on undeserved, not to say that these bugs shouldn't be picked up on and discussed, but I'm referring to intense fanboys such as @zMeul (pls no hurt mean no harm :( ) the average person who sees these issues yet sees Intel as just "working", I was just trying to level the playing field as it were.

21 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

-snip-

Oh in no way should it be ignored, BIOS' are pretty much alpha at the moment it's rediculous, not to mention the FMA3 bug. I would've liked a flawless CPU launch but that's far from possible. Hell, Haswell still has pages upon pages of unfixable faults in it, Intel has a lonf .pdf on it somewhere, it really is quite extraordinary.

Edited by Citadelen
Realised I might have broken rules now I can't change it RIP.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

I'm referring to intense fanboys such as

Rip...

*cough cough* CS, try rewording next time ;) (but don't worry, I know how you feel so no rapport) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

-snip-

Is that against the rules? Oh dear, I won't let me edit it out. :/

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

Is that against the rules? Oh dear, I won't let me edit it out. :/

No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.

• This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations

To be fair, I don't actually think they enforce it very strongly so you're probably fine :P 

ah, the days of a specific mod and I were debating with Zmeul...those were the fun days...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)