When updating windows 10 power went out now boots black screen.

Hello everyone so im having a problem i was updating my computer and the power went out so the pc restarted and after the asus logo for the motherboard widows doesnt boot its just a black screen. I tried booting the windows media creator tool from the usb but it doesnt work if it just displays the windows logo and the loading thing then it just boots from the ssd again because i see the light for the disk usage turns on. I can only get to open the media creator tool if i disconect the ssd but then i cant repair or format it because it doesnt detect it. Is there a way i could format the ssd (i also have a secondary hdd for games and stuff) from the bios or something. I mean i wanted to connect it to another pc and copy the files over to an external drive and then format the ssd an instal windows again and then copy some of the files over can someone help im out of ideas i have been messing aroun now for two days but no luck hope this forum is better otgers dont know anything thanks for the reply.

If you can plug the SSD into another computer your could format it there (This will allow you to copy the files off before formatting), failing that you could create a linux boot disk and format the SSD from inside linux.

but as BubblyCharizard said you should be able to force boot to the USB boot drive and wipe the SSD from the window install GUI.

Just now, Timothy11 said:

If you can plug the SSD into another computer your could format it there (This will allow you to copy the files off before formatting), failing that you could create a linux boot disk and format the SSD from inside linux.

but as BubblyCharizard said you should be able to force boot to the USB boot drive and wipe the SSD from the window install GUI.

I did try to to plug it into another computer but it doesnt start it just shows the windows logo and the loading circle i dont know if it tries to boot from it?. And i did mess with the boot setting and the usb booted but it just shows the windows logo and the loading circle and then it doesnt open the media creator its just a black screen i think i tries to load from the ssd again because the disk usage light turns on.

4 minutes ago, MGregoric said:

I did try to to plug it into another computer but it doesnt start it just shows the windows logo and the loading circle i dont know if it tries to boot from it?. And i did mess with the boot setting and the usb booted but it just shows the windows logo and the loading circle and then it doesnt open the media creator its just a black screen i think i tries to load from the ssd again because the disk usage light turns on.

Did you try and boot from your SSD or the other computers boot drive? You should boot from the other computers boot drive.

2 minutes ago, Timothy11 said:

Did you try and boot from your SSD or the other computers boot drive? You should boot from the other computers boot drive.

i did boot from the others computer boot drive because i didnt change anything i just pluget the ssd in and i checked that 1 boot device isnt my ssd it was the others computers boot drive. I just want to recover the files and format the disk or atleast just format it.

2 minutes ago, MGregoric said:

i did boot from the others computer boot drive because i didnt change anything i just pluget the ssd in and i checked that 1 boot device isnt my ssd it was the others computers boot drive. I just want to recover the files and format the disk or atleast just format it.

Do you have a USB case/dock for sata drives? you could use that to access the drive avoiding the boot issue but not having it plugged in when the computer boots. Or boot to a linux USB and wipe from there.

2 minutes ago, Timothy11 said:

Do you have a USB case/dock for sata drives? you could use that to access the drive avoiding the boot issue but not having it plugged in when the computer boots. Or boot to a linux USB and wipe from there.

I am thinking of geting one i if i get the usb dock do you have to have it pluged in when you start up the pc you dont have to right? What is a linux ubs and how do you wipe it from there.

7 hours ago, Timothy11 said:

I will invest in a usb/sata dock but will this actualy work will i be able to plug it in like a usb will it read it. And then how can i copy the files and transfer them to the new instal of windows without having to reinstal programs and other stuff? I am looking at this dock https://www.amazon.co.uk/Icy-Box-IB-231StU3-G-External-Enclosure/dp/B004OXY1TU

15 hours ago, MGregoric said:

I will invest in a usb/sata dock but will this actualy work will i be able to plug it in like a usb will it read it. And then how can i copy the files and transfer them to the new instal of windows without having to reinstal programs and other stuff? I am looking at this dock https://www.amazon.co.uk/Icy-Box-IB-231StU3-G-External-Enclosure/dp/B004OXY1TU

Yes, it will work like any other USB drive. You will not be able to copy programs but and files/steam libraries can be saved, just copy them from the drive to the second computer and then copy them back when you get windows running.

21 hours ago, MGregoric said:

I am thinking of geting one i if i get the usb dock do you have to have it pluged in when you start up the pc you dont have to right? What is a linux ubs and how do you wipe it from there.

Linux USB is just a Linux boot disc like the Windows boot USB you are trying to install from, except it is linux not windows

26 minutes ago, Timothy11 said:

Yes, it will work like any other USB drive. You will not be able to copy programs but and files/steam libraries can be saved, just copy them from the drive to the second computer and then copy them back when you get windows running.

Thank you man you have been a great help. I will let you know how it goes.

8 hours ago, Timothy11 said:

So i got the externl usb port and now another problem occurs when i click on the disk to open it it says "D:\ is not accesible. The parameter is incorrect." and the drive disconnects please tell me this ssd ist gone literaly it just lost power during an update and now its fu***k can you help me.

Edited by MGregoric

18 hours ago, MGregoric said:

So i got the externl usb port and now another problem occurs when i click on the disk to open it it says "D:\ is not accesible. The parameter is incorrect." and the drive disconnects please tell me this ssd ist gone literaly it just lost power during an update and now its fu***k can you help me.

What does disk manager show when the disk is plugged in? (admin tools, Computer management, disk management)

37 minutes ago, Timothy11 said:

What does disk manager show when the disk is plugged in? (admin tools, Computer management, disk management)

If i plug in the disk and open the disk manager it keeps loading the manager until the disk disconnects again. And then it loads the manager.

On 25/03/2017 at 10:42 AM, Timothy11 said:

I got it to work and formated the disk so no problems anymore.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, MGregoric said:

I got it to work and formated the disk so no problems anymore.

Sweet, What did you have to do?

Hope the next windows install goes better for you.

22 hours ago, Timothy11 said:

Sweet, What did you have to do?

Hope the next windows install goes better for you.

I just had to wait i pluged in the windows boot usb and it booted from the usb but it was a blue screen i just left the pc running and after 1-2 hours it slowly went forward to the chose disk for new install and i formatted it from there it worked it just took a long time.