Can i use displayport cable to splitter dvi or 2 hdmi to get atleast 120hz? 1440p

Offline Research Kangaroo

Edit:

Well i sort of solved my problem... i decided to just use a second computer for the last monitor since its gona be used as a video monitor most of the time anyway and use synergy or whatever that program was called to use 2 pcs with 1 mouse/kb

-----------------------------------------------------------
I have 4 100+hz monitors that need displayport to run but only have 3 displayports. So im wondering is there some way i can use a dp cable to splitter to dvi or 2hdmi cables? I need to get atleast over 100hz but preferably 120hz or 144hz

My setup:
1x Strix 1050ti (1 dps, 1hdmi, 1 dvi) Where i have 1 Asus Swift PG278Q (2560x1440 - 144Hz) on displayport.
1x Strix 1080ti (2 dp, 2 hdmi, 1 dvi) Where i have 1 Asus Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 - 100Hz) on displayport, and 1 Asus Swift PG278Q (2560x1440 - 144Hz) on displayport.
I have a third Swift PG278QR (it has dp and hdmi port) i need to run but since the Asus Strix 1080ti for some reason removed a displayport for hdmi instead i cant run it on a normal dp cable, and the hdmi only supports 60hz.

The native HDMI on the GPU is going to be better that any splitter. I assume that your monitor only supports 60hz when using HDMI

you can use an adapter to convert an input to DP. check here for compatibility  

Just now, Timothy11 said:

The native HDMI on the GPU is going to be better that any splitter. I assume that your monitor only supports 60hz when using HDMI

oh yeah.. forgot about that the gpu's hdmi was actually good. so yes the monitors hdmi is 60hz.

Basicly i guess ill need a high speed hdmi to displayport splitter if i can figure out how to find one.  :3

1 minute ago, MoDRun said:

oh yeah.. forgot about that the gpu's hdmi was actually good. so yes the monitors hdmi is 60hz.

Basicly i guess ill need a high speed hdmi to displayport splitter if i can figure out how to find one.  :3

actually, my previous post is incorrect. 

it isn't possible to convert HDMI to DP without an active adapter, but these adapters are somewhat unreliable. 

1 minute ago, MoDRun said:

You are have a better change of finding a display port to 2x display port that can do the job but I have not been able to find one.

16 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

actually, my previous post is incorrect. 

it isn't possible to convert HDMI to DP without an active adapter, but these adapters are somewhat unreliable. 

What do you mean by unstable? but from what i understand then i need something like this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A493CNY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and then ill get 144hz ....

I havent bought any of these gpu's yet, i still have my 980ti strix but i need to figure out what to do if i do upgrade. i skipped the upgrade at 1080 because they also put 2 dispalyports on those too. i dont wanna skip anymore but this is getting stupid that i have to buy 150$ adapter to get stuff to work

As a side note tho, it costs almost as much as just buying another 1050ti so i considered that instead ... but then 2 1050tis just for extra monitors is almost up at the price of another 1080ti so i then i want that instead but my psu cant handle it and a better psu wont fit in my pc case so now im back at stage 1 ... *frustrated*

3 hours ago, MoDRun said:

What do you mean by unstable? but from what i understand then i need something like this : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A493CNY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and then ill get 144hz ....

I havent bought any of these gpu's yet, i still have my 980ti strix but i need to figure out what to do if i do upgrade. i skipped the upgrade at 1080 because they also put 2 dispalyports on those too. i dont wanna skip anymore but this is getting stupid that i have to buy 150$ adapter to get stuff to work

As a side note tho, it costs almost as much as just buying another 1050ti so i considered that instead ... but then 2 1050tis just for extra monitors is almost up at the price of another 1080ti so i then i want that instead but my psu cant handle it and a better psu wont fit in my pc case so now im back at stage 1 ... *frustrated*

That converts DP to DVI, not the other way around.

Dual-Link DVI has a maximum of around 2560×1440 at 60 Hz, so you aren't going to get 144 Hz with anything involving DVI.

Well i sort of solved my problem... i decided to just use a second computer for the last monitor since its gona be used as a video monitor most of the time anyway and use synergy or whatever that program was called to use 2 pcs with 1 mouse/kb