Website not loading in MacOS (sort of)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use a website openlearning.com, however, it doesn't seem to load in any browser (Safari/Chrome) in my MacBook running MacOS Sierra.

In desperation, I booted up VMWare fusion with Windows 10 and the website loads fine, so what the heck is going on? OS level setting that needs to be cleared? How is VMWare bypassing this :|

Any leads to the right direction greatly appreciated! 

Regards,

YoshiHDify

do other websites work on the mac? It works for me on linux, I dont have my mac on me to test it. The only OS level setting I can think of checking would be proxy server or DNS

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

do other websites work on the mac? It works for me on linux, I dont have my mac on me to test it. The only OS level setting I can think of checking would be proxy server or DNS

Yeah it's very weird, I checked the proxies and nothing's been set. There are 2 DNS IP addresses but I think they're default, it's funny because if it was OS level, wouldn't it affect the virtual machine too. Unless I'm just unlucky that Safari and Chromium aren't working on Internet Explorer is HAHA!!

6 hours ago, YoshiHDify said:

Yeah it's very weird, I checked the proxies and nothing's been set. There are 2 DNS IP addresses but I think they're default, it's funny because if it was OS level, wouldn't it affect the virtual machine too. Unless I'm just unlucky that Safari and Chromium aren't working on Internet Explorer is HAHA!!

try google's DNS 8.8.8.8 or openDNS 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_