my list for my first PC can i get some directions please

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
9 hours ago, omega313 said:

thanks for the power supply tip, i don't really know much about it and also for the cabinet, It really help me. what if in the future, get more graphic cards? at least 2 in my pc wich PSU do you recomend ?

are the z170 and z270 compatible with my cpu choise?. i heard de x99 is more verstail and multipurpuose 

In my last post someone write this 

"At the moment in my opinion x99 is the king of the hill. Capable out of the box, and 50% headroom for overclocking. IMO nothing since has lived up to this despite the advances in architecture."

or it works better with xenon? 

I don't really want a xenon because it has more things that, personally, i dont care, because is not in my area (servers and that kind of stuff and my render will be GPU render, not CPU)

Well if you want two 1080tis and an X99 or Ryzen CPU I'd personally recommend a 1000W unit but are you sure you're going to be SLIing. A Corsair RM1000i or EVGA 1000G3 should do nicely. If you get one GPU then 650W is plenty. The choices I just listed would both work for you in the 650W variety.

Z170 and Z270 are compatible with the 7700K yes, albeit Z170 boards need a BIOS update from the manufacturer when shipped to you to support the newer platform as Z170 is native to Skylake while Z270 is native to Kaby Lake. If you order a Z170 board, make sure to ask the seller to update the BIOS to the latest revision before they send it to you. And yes, X99 has more options for PCI lanes and usually the boards come more lavishly equipped, albeit they're expensive to buy. 

I'd recommend a Ryzen 1700 to you personally. Get lots of cores for the same price as a 7700K and you can get a decent B350 board to run it. They don't overclock well but judging by your list of parts you were looking at, you're a novice to all of this and overclocking is probably not in your future.

Hi every body, i finally decided to make my own pc, I work in the 3d industy, but I want to become a game developer.

I searched in many places to build my first PC but i didn't have the income that i have now. so i was teasing me to get an extra money, first i was ignorant ( and i still am) that i think the expencive, the better y evrey aspect. I understood  that it doenst mean it. but I stiil doesnt know wich tools or part are the better to make it work properly the softwares I use and play all the games that reaquires decents builds.

the softwares I use almost all the time are. maya (i usually work with animations, VFX, particles and dynamic simulations), Iray, Vray, unreal engine, adobe photoshop, after effects and premiere, substance design and painter. and the last one is zbrush.  also want it for gaming and VR.

Here are a list of components that i searched, thanks to you for giving some direcctions of where to start. I hope that this build doesn’t make you angry. Also i have a few about some components

Procesador:

Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Procesador i7 - 7700 K

Refrigeration :

Corsair CW-9060025-WW

Mother board:

ASUS X99-DELUXE II GP-105 

Or

Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 Motherboard

Or

ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 Motherboard

Grapic card (Just one for now);

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition Graphics Card

Or

EVGA 08G-P4-6183-KR Tarjeta Video GTX 1080 SC Gaming 8GB (I don’t know the difference between gtx 1080 ti VS gtx 1080, what is the gain with 3 GB more?)

Or

EVGA 08G-P4-6183-KR Tarjeta Video GTX 1080 SC Gaming 8GB with liquid cooling system integrated

RAM:

(Crucial BLS16G4D240FSB 16GB DDR4 2400MHz ) x 4 =64GB RAM

Power supply (I dont really undestand wich is better for my build some hel here please =) )

EVGA ATX12V/EPS12V 600 Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR

CABINET

Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Or

Cooler Master HAF 912

Or

I dont really know what is better here? Please help here too =)

Thank you for your time =)

5 minutes ago, omega313 said:

Hi every body, i finally decided to make my own pc, I work in the 3d industy, but I want to become a game developer.

I searched in many places to build my first PC but i didn't have the income that i have now. so i was teasing me to get an extra money, first i was ignorant ( and i still am) that i think the expencive, the better y evrey aspect. I understood  that it doenst mean it. but I stiil doesnt know wich tools or part are the better to make it work properly the softwares I use and play all the games that reaquires decents builds.

the softwares I use almost all the time are. maya (i usually work with animations, VFX, particles and dynamic simulations), Iray, Vray, unreal engine, adobe photoshop, after effects and premiere, substance design and painter. and the last one is zbrush.  also want it for gaming and VR.

Here are a list of components that i searched, thanks to you for giving some direcctions of where to start. I hope that this build doesn’t make you angry. Also i have a few about some components

Procesador:

Refrigeration :

Corsair CW-9060025-WW

Mother board:

Or

Or

Or

EVGA 08G-P4-6183-KR Tarjeta Video GTX 1080 SC Gaming 8GB (I don’t know the difference between gtx 1080 ti VS gtx 1080, what is the gain with 3 GB more?)

Or

EVGA 08G-P4-6183-KR Tarjeta Video GTX 1080 SC Gaming 8GB with liquid cooling system integrated

RAM:

Power supply (I dont really undestand wich is better for my build some hel here please =) )

CABINET

Or

Cooler Master HAF 912

Or

None of those motherboards are compatible with your CPU choice.

The GTX 1080ti is a more powerful card, doesn't just have more VRAM. There's far, far more to GPU computational power than VRAM. The 1080ti is thus much more expensive due to it's capabilities. 

The RAM is fine.

That's a very cheap PSU for such an expensive system. An EVGA 650G3 should easily be able to fit in your budget.

Both those cases are fairly dated and not very good. Get something like a Corsair 460X if you want something a little flashy or a Define C/S/R5 if you want something more subdued.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

12 minutes ago, omega313 said:

Procesador:

Refrigeration :

Corsair CW-9060025-WW

Mother board:

Or

Or

Or

Or

RAM:

CABINET

Or

Cooler Master HAF 912

Or

I'd take a look into Ryzen. Granted, it has it's quirks right now, but it's made more for the kind of work that you are wanting to do. I agree about looking into a higher quality PSU, and I'd get the 1080ti if your budget will allow. It's a much more powerful card then the 1080 by 20-25% based off reviews I've seen.

Here's pretty much the best system for what you want to do.  This build allows and even recommends Overclocking, it's very simple though.  The big SSD is surprisingly important, I these programs request either 10,000 RPM mechanical HDDs or SSDs and the one I have here is excellent for that.

This build is much better than the i7 7700k for 3d rendering 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FF2HsJ

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($324.88 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S 82.5 CFM

CPU Cooler  ($89.19 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX

AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($259.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($269.45 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($698.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid

Tower Case  ($135.99 @ B&H) 

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10

Home OEM 64-bit  ($92.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $2161.46

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-23 01:21 EDT-0400

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

None of those motherboards are compatible with your CPU choice.

The GTX 1080ti is a more powerful card, doesn't just have more VRAM. There's far, far more to GPU computational power than VRAM. The 1080ti is thus much more expensive due to it's capabilities. 

The RAM is fine.

That's a very cheap PSU for such an expensive system. An EVGA 650G3 should easily be able to fit in your budget.

Both those cases are fairly dated and not very good. Get something like a Corsair 460X if you want something a little flashy or a Define C/S/R5 if you want something more subdued.

thanks for the power supply tip, i don't really know much about it and also for the cabinet, It really help me. what if in the future, get more graphic cards? at least 2 in my pc wich PSU do you recomend ?

are the z170 and z270 compatible with my cpu choise?. i heard de x99 is more verstail and multipurpuose 

"At the moment in my opinion x99 is the king of the hill. Capable out of the box, and 50% headroom for overclocking. IMO nothing since has lived up to this despite the advances in architecture."

I don't really want a xenon because it has more things that, personally, i dont care, because is not in my area (servers and that kind of stuff and my render will be GPU render, not CPU)

Use pcpartpicker.com to help develop your build list. Even if you are not in the US, its a very good tool for build development. It will help with compatibility checks and will suggest a minimum psu wattage.

i7-7700K is the champion gaming cpu at the moment. At least for 1080 and 1440. It has 4 hyperthreaded cores and boasts the highest stock clock speed. But you should check the software you most use to see how it makes use of the cpu. Some packages are single or lightly threaded and do best with higher clocked cores rather than more lower clocked cores. The i7-7700K is ideal for those applications. Other software are able to take advantage of more cores/threads and tend to do better with 6+ core cpu like the Ryzen R7 and Intel Broadwell-E (X99) cpu.

If you plan to have more than 2 gpu for rendering assistance, Broadwell-E is currently the best choice. 

Don't let perceived overclocking ability affect the platform decision. The ability of any particular cpu chip is reasonably random. 

Z270 is intended for enthusiasts who will use the i7-7700K. X99 is intended for enthusiasts and professionals who will be using the i7-68xx and related cpu. X99 motherboards support quad-channel (as opposed to dual channel) memory operation and may support more than two or three gpu.

Z270 is the newer technology. But the rumor is that X299 and Skylake X cpu will be announced in August.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/87kFqk
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/87kFqk/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  ($388.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Jet) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($421.44 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($269.45 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.69 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($698.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($135.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($165.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2539.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-23 03:15 EDT-0400

This will be a beast and also a reliable pc, tweaks that you can apply:

-If you want flashier watercooling buy a kraken x62(50$ more)

- if you need this pc only for work i don't  recommend  going higher than an rx 480 (-500$)

- if you want this pc also for gaming buy the 1080 ti, but not the Founders edition ( the one that put in this list) but one that come with an open air cooler ( it has got bigger and usually more than 1 fan).

-put the 2 hdd in raid if you want more reliability

-1tb Ssd is olenty enough,  but you can also buy a m2 nvme Ssd  ( is faster for transferring bigger files, but imho is not worth doubling the cost /gb, considering that in everything  else you wont see any difference)

9 hours ago, omega313 said:

Well if you want two 1080tis and an X99 or Ryzen CPU I'd personally recommend a 1000W unit but are you sure you're going to be SLIing. A Corsair RM1000i or EVGA 1000G3 should do nicely. If you get one GPU then 650W is plenty. The choices I just listed would both work for you in the 650W variety.

Z170 and Z270 are compatible with the 7700K yes, albeit Z170 boards need a BIOS update from the manufacturer when shipped to you to support the newer platform as Z170 is native to Skylake while Z270 is native to Kaby Lake. If you order a Z170 board, make sure to ask the seller to update the BIOS to the latest revision before they send it to you. And yes, X99 has more options for PCI lanes and usually the boards come more lavishly equipped, albeit they're expensive to buy. 

I'd recommend a Ryzen 1700 to you personally. Get lots of cores for the same price as a 7700K and you can get a decent B350 board to run it. They don't overclock well but judging by your list of parts you were looking at, you're a novice to all of this and overclocking is probably not in your future.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||