Pinnacle Gaming is now live, can you guys proofread my site?

It's been a long day and I'm really sleepy lol, but I have my website mostly done and its live, figured this would be a good place to post it before I start advertising if you guys wanna review it for me.  Try not to be too hard, theres a few things I know I need to go back and tweek and I want to add some more build logs to blog.  But maybe you guys will have some good ideas for me or catch something stupid I missed. 

Thanks a lot to anyone who participates!

<  Link removed  >

Hope this is the right place for this.

Edited by tobben
Removed external link.

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself 

Regardless of the self-advertising, I will give my feedback.

I think the cyan color for the introductory pop-up is hard to read. That might be because I'm borderline color blind to those colors but still.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

18 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Regardless of the self-advertising, I will give my feedback.

I think the cyan color for the introductory pop-up is hard to read. That might be because I'm borderline color blind to those colors but still.

Haha, thanks, I really appreciate that.  Changing it now, any suggestions for color though?  FWIW I'm not gonna keep doing posts like this, just here, and seriously want some feedback.

18 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

8gb thanks

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself 

Looks pretty good to me. The color of the popup at the beginning is a little harsh, but it's not bad. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, SubLimation7 said:

8gb thanks

should have put a z170 ud3 ultra for more blue

Image result for gigabyte z170x ud3 ultra

A deepcool gammaxx 400 for even more blue cooling

Image result for deepcool gammaxx 400

Haha, thanks, I really appreciate that.  Changing it now, any suggestions for color though?  FWIW I'm not gonna keep doing post like this, just here, and seriously want some feedback.

Typically you want to avoid really light colors like that, as well as red and green. A blue similar to those used for "Used" and "Introductory Special" might be better.

You should also make a cookie so that users don't get that introduction after their initial visit.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Image result for gigabyte z170x ud3 ultra

Image result for deepcool gammaxx 400

Good ideas, I'll keep it in mind.  But you'll start seeing a lot "better" themed builds coming up.  I have a really cool 1800x build, just waiting on 1080ti partner cards.

Good ideas, I'll keep it in mind.  But you'll start seeing a lot "better" themed builds coming up.  I have a really cool 1800x build, just waiting on 1080ti partner cards.

since ultra doesn't come in stock often here is an alternative

Image result for z170 designare

7 minutes ago, SubLimation7 said:

Haha, thanks, I really appreciate that.  Changing it now, any suggestions for color though?  FWIW I'm not gonna keep doing posts like this, just here, and seriously want some feedback.

fixed this and rx480 memory

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Back with the blue again!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Does the "Welcome to Pinnacle..." always pop up when you enter, seems annoying.

Yes I usually don't like the popups either, just wanted to make it to where the less "investigative" people still understand what sets me apart.  But I'll definitely try and find a way to reduce frequency.

also the pic you took on ol blue doesn't have a gpu installed and the mirror reflects you too so might wanna have a better pic

1 minute ago, SubLimation7 said:

Yes I usually don't like the popups either, just wanted to make it to where the less "investigative" people still understand what sets me apart.  But I'll definitely try and find a way to reduce frequency.

To be honest I had no idea what the site was, assumed it was like a hardware review site or something until I scrolled down and clicked on the pc shown

Where to even begin, this PC is a complete BEAST whether your a professional editior, hardcore gamer, play at 4k, HTC vive, Oculus rift, it can easily do it all

https://www.pinnaclegamingpc.com/product-page/doorbuster-special-one-in-stock

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

18 hours ago, tp95112 said:

To be honest I had no idea what the site was, assumed it was like a hardware review site or something until I scrolled down and clicked on the pc shown

I definitely see your original point that much more than lol.

I think I'm going to turn in, I fixed the couple things you guys brought up and thanks a million for that.  I'm just to the point where my fingers can barely even type lol, but if anyone else posts I'll definitely revisit this in the morning.

I definitely see your original point that much more than lol.

Im the type of guy where the site should immediately tell me what is it without even having to look at any words that's what a lot of users that go on your site is going to want. It should be an instant that you know, "oh this site builds custom pc". People are lazy and down want to read a wall of text. Your first point should be like "we build custom pc" not "We are a one man show". To me its like idgf harsh but true

OK I just realized that you use faint red for the text on the pages.

That is a big no no in web development. Not only is having a faint color hard to read, you also have to take into account that the most common form of color blindness is red/green.

I would suggest just sticking to black text and using red as an accent color.

18 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Where to even begin, this PC is a complete BEAST whether your a professional editior, hardcore gamer, play at 4k, HTC vive, Oculus rift, it can easily do it all

https://www.pinnaclegamingpc.com/product-page/doorbuster-special-one-in-stock

Haha thanks, definitely need to do some deeper proofreading.  Keep em coming and I'll update in the AM.  Really appreciate it.

18 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

OK I just realized that you use faint red for the text on the pages.

That is a big no no in web development. Not only is having a faint color hard to read, you also have to take into account that the most common form of color blindness is red/green.

I would suggest just sticking to black text and using red as an accent color.

Funny thing is, my "marketing" friend recommended that lol!! Good point though!!

"The only catch with this PC is there is only 1, once it sells its gone.  I just really hope whoever buys it leaves some good reviews and a shoutout or two.  I'm losing a good bit of money on this build.  If you were to buy the parts today, "

Yea... I don't know about that. Have to be more professional mate.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

"The only catch with this PC is there is only 1, once it sells its gone.  I just really hope whoever buys it leaves some good reviews and a shoutout or two.  I'm losing a good bit of money on this build.  If you were to buy the parts today, "

Yea... I don't know about that. Have to be more professional mate.

I'm definitely doing something different no doubt about that.  And your probably right, but I really am selling it at a loss so it would be pretty upsetting if someone bought it and didn't leave a review or anything lol.  But with that being said I definitely see your point, my thinking is that as things pickup the site will evolve with it. 

If nothing else I could reword it. 

With so much BS and scams in todays world I'm almost scared that I'm scaring people away by "overselling".

I'm definitely doing something different no doubt about that.  And your probably right, but I really am selling it at a loss so it would be pretty upsetting if someone bought it and didn't leave a review or anything lol.  But with that being said I definitely see your point, my thinking is that as things pickup the site will evolve with it. 

If nothing else I could reword it. 

Well that's how you start a business. You have to absorb initial losses before it starts making a profit.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

18 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well that's how you start a business. You have to absorb initial losses before it starts making a profit.

Fixed, thanks.

18 hours ago, tp95112 said:

Im the type of guy where the site should immediately tell me what is it without even having to look at any words that's what a lot of users that go on your site is going to want. It should be an instant that you know, "oh this site builds custom pc". People are lazy and down want to read a wall of text. Your first point should be like "we build custom pc" not "We are a one man show". To me its like idgf harsh but true

The reason I put that is to let people know that your money isn't going to a workforce and lots of overhead like renting a building, land, etc. 

I do see your point, however I'm assuming if people find my site organically they will be looking for PCs :)

Is this supposed to be an actual link?

link.PNG