Need cheep graphics card.

RocketManV4

Hi. I have a Dell Optiplex 380 and I'm trying to make it a small gaming computer that is just temporary until this summer for Minecraft and other small games. I have a 255w power supply and I just bought a lga775 core 2 duo 3.0ghz CPU and it has 4 GB Kingston ram now. All I need is a small low profile card just to make this a temporary Minecraft computer for mods like technic launcher and ftb. I have 115$ I can spend on a card. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. I'll leave a pic of the computer.

IMG_20170307_194242.jpg

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

rx 460

or gtx 1050

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

or gtx 1050

or that, i was thinking rx460 usually are on sale for cheap. 

Theres a 470 Strix for 130 don't know if it will fit into your case. You could put it outside your case 

22 minutes ago, RocketManV4 said:

Hi. I have a Dell Optiplex 380 and I'm trying to make it a small gaming computer that is just temporary until this summer for Minecraft and other small games. I have a 255w power supply and I just bought a lga775 core 2 duo 3.0ghz CPU and it has 4 GB Kingston ram now. All I need is a small low profile card just to make this a temporary Minecraft computer for mods like technic launcher and ftb. I have 115$ I can spend on a card. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. I'll leave a pic of the computer.

IMG_20170307_194242.jpg

rx 460 or 1050 ti for the 2 extra gb of VRAM. theres also a 4gb rx 460 if your'e into that 

It has to be a single slot card. I meant to mention that.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so a few recommendations here. Either an EVGA GT640, Palit GTX 1050, or a GTX 750 Ti. I personally had the 640 for several years. THE upside to that is that you can also upgrade the rest of the PC if you skimp a little bit on the GPU. Which my 640 ran GTA 5 at 720p, medium graphics. So you should run MC fine. But with mods, you'll want a RAM upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus