New GPU

Norwayftwpcu

Hi ppl.

I'm tired of running many games on low quality now and getting my GPU upgraded.

I'm planning to buy  ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL  and overclock it.  Will this be a good build or will it bottleneck a lot?

My setup now is

650 TI boost 

i7 3770k

Asus z77 sabertooth

16gb 1332ghz ram DDR3

Ark survival evolved

Overwatch
World of warcraft with like 30+ addons

GTA V

Battlefield 1 & hardline

17 minutes ago, Norwayftwpcu said:

Ark survival evolved

nothing can run that game well, all other games should run nicely. 

17 minutes ago, Norwayftwpcu said:

Ark survival evolved

Overwatch
World of warcraft with like 30+ addons

GTA V

Battlefield 1 & hardline

Ark is an evil game to run, it is so graphically intensive. 

From the reviews I have seen bf1, GTA and overwatch get over 60fps in at least high with the 1060 and the RX480 which have nearly identical performance 

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

Just now, Janner558 said:

shitty coding, game looks decent at best. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nothing can run that game well, all other games should run nicely. 

I have a 1080 and I can't seem ultra at 1440p 

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

Just now, Janner558 said:

I have a 1080 and I can't seem ultra at 1440p 

1070 sli here with a 5820k clocked at 4.5ghz with 32gb ram, i can't either. 

4 minutes ago, Janner558 said:

From the reviews I have seen bf1, GTA and overwatch get over 60fps in at least high with the 1060 and the RX480 which have nearly identical performance 

There is a 5$ diffrence between RX480 and 1060 6gb dual

7 minutes ago, Norwayftwpcu said:

There is a 5$ diffrence between RX480 and 1060 6gb dual

Then it's down to personal choice, 

I like AMDs graphics interface (because I like setting frame rate limits etc)

and they have been known to continually work on there drivers so the "age" well.

but the nvidia on is easy to use for game optimisation using the GeForce experience software. And if you have a 650ti I assume that you already know how to use the software.

18 minutes ago, Janner558 said:

Then it's down to personal choice, 

I like AMDs graphics interface (because I like setting frame rate limits etc)

and they have been known to continually work on there drivers so the "age" well.

but the nvidia on is easy to use for game optimisation using the GeForce experience software. And if you have a 650ti I assume that you already know how to use the software.

Gonna go with the 1060 then.     Well known around the software and overclocking.  

7 hours ago, Norwayftwpcu said:

Gonna go with the 1060 then.     Well known around the software and overclocking.  

Actually the 480 has much better overclocking than the 1060. Also, amd is releasing the 580 which runs on the same drivers, so you should expect drivers for several years for the 480. cant say the same about the 1060. Id pick the 480 any day, as the extra vram will soon be of use and it generally has better performance.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

19 hours ago, Nickathom said:

Actually the 480 has much better overclocking than the 1060. Also, amd is releasing the 580 which runs on the same drivers, so you should expect drivers for several years for the 480. cant say the same about the 1060. Id pick the 480 any day, as the extra vram will soon be of use and it generally has better performance.

Picking the 1060 up today or on monday,   Bad selection of GPU's in norway and I'm a big Nvidia and Intel fan.