Durable wireless mouse (MX Master?)

Go to solution Solved by Jdnoss1234,

I have been running a MX Master 40 hours a week since it launched and it still looks brand new. It gets worked pretty hard as I do CAD work for a living.

24 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Would you say it's good value at $60? 

22 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i would say so

14 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I bought both versions so yes :)

Alright, seems like my decision has been made for me. Last questions-

I'm currently using a really cheap G90 mouse, but it is a Logitech G-series gaming mouse nonetheless. Will the MX Master exhibit comparatively poor performance as far as response and tracking is concerned? Also, isn't the max DPI of the MX Master 1600? That's about half what I'm used to (2500 DPI).

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Prob had a instore sale, Bestbuy does that sometimes.

I wouldn't expect pcp prices to be 100% accurate.

What are the chances there'll be a sale in the next three weeks?

Just now, Aereldor said:

I'm currently using a really cheap G90 mouse, but it is a Logitech G-series gaming mouse nonetheless. Will the MX Master exhibit comparatively poor performance as far as response and tracking is concerned? Also, isn't the max DPI of the MX Master 1600? That's about half what I'm used to (2500 DPI).

Honestly you need to go out and test the mouse for yourself and see if it performs as you need.

That is the best advice you will get.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Accuracy is fine, if that's what you mean. If you mean you're worried about latency, don't be.

I'm used to 4200dpi while at home at my main machine as well, so I think you'll be fine.

I'd really try it in store if you can. I have one, love it for desktop work. I absolutely hate it for gaming. To the point I'll plug in my Level10 instead. It also has a low DPI, so if you're used to something fast, you won't find it here. I had to max mine out in both Windows and the Logitech app, and it's still not as fast as I'd like it to be. Pretty disappointed in that aspect tbh.

Looking to replace mine with the Asus Spatha, or perhaps the Level10 Wireless though it doesn't come with a stand.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

58 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'd really try it in store if you can. I have one, love it for desktop work. I absolutely hate it for gaming. To the point I'll plug in my Level10 instead. It also has a low DPI, so if you're used to something fast, you won't find it here. I had to max mine out in both Windows and the Logitech app, and it's still not as fast as I'd like it to be. Pretty disappointed in that aspect tbh.

Looking to replace mine with the Asus Spatha, or perhaps the Level10 Wireless though it doesn't come with a stand.

I'm used to 2500 DPI. Do you reckon it's enough when maxed? I also don't play shooters.

11 hours ago, Aereldor said:

I'm used to 2500 DPI. Do you reckon it's enough when maxed? I also don't play shooters.

If you don't play shooters it might be fine, but it'll take a little getting used to.

I also found the ergonomics just weren't as friendly gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

If you don't play shooters it might be fine, but it'll take a little getting used to.

I also found the ergonomics just weren't as friendly gaming.

How so? 

Also, here are pictures of my mouse and grip. My hand measures 7.5" from wrist to fingertip and 4" from thumb to edge. Sorry about the potato quality.

Spoiler

IMG_20170324_045254_HDR.thumb.jpg.b718cbcace0916fa84b18db3a7ad33de.jpg

IMG_20170324_045254_HDR.thumb.jpg.b718cbcace0916fa84b18db3a7ad33de.jpg

59 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

How so? 

Also, here are pictures of my mouse and grip. My hand measures 7.5" from wrist to fingertip and 4" from thumb to edge. Sorry about the potato quality.

I just found the way it placed my wrist to be less than comfortable for gaming. The mouse felt more relaxed and lazy, if that makes any sense. We likely have similarly sized hands, however it's more the angled wrist that gave the lazy feel.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I have been running a MX Master 40 hours a week since it launched and it still looks brand new. It gets worked pretty hard as I do CAD work for a living.

5 minutes ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

*thinks back to what using CAD is like*

wow that thing must be built like a tank... or you have the patience of a saint :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

*thinks back to what using CAD is like*

wow that thing must be built like a tank... or you have the patience of a saint :P 

the "click & drag" is real

3 hours ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

This was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I've been using my $7 Logitech G90 for up to 60 hours a week, and after almost two years, the left click button has starting having double-click issues. 

On 3/23/2017 at 8:25 AM, Aytex said:

I have no idea.

Check Amazon lightning deals you can look upto 1 week in advance.. Also flip and snap are having sale right now 

3 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Check Amazon lightning deals you can look upto 1 week in advance.. Also flip and snap are having sale right now 

Got it for $60 (4000 INR) shipped from Amazon Global. I know about these websites and sales, but rarely do I buy any PC hardware off them, because Indian prices suck even during sales. I got my power supply off Flipkart, which was an okay deal. However, I was overcharged for my case on Snapdeal, they sent me the wrong one (windowless variant), then changed the item listing and still haven't responded. I don't have the resources to sue, but if I could, I would.