A question about twitch

Whenever the stream gets interrupted unexpectedly, there should a message/notification that says the stream has been cut unexpectedly, both on the viewer's end and the streamer's end. that way the stream is RIP and the streamers can get to work on fixing it. but there isn't, and i'm wondering why there isn't such a measure. so why isn't there? is it more complicated than i'm thinking? 

Why isn't it there? Because there are a plethora of things that Twitch (or any site for that matter) could implement? That's a really broad question.

Bigger streamers don't really have a problem with this - and even if you're a smaller streamer with no one there to let you aware of the stream issues, you should still check it from time to time if you care for others watching.

This is why I use a 2 PC streaming setup with multiple monitors so I can see the activity on my Twitch dashboard and in OBS. Ultimately you should keep track of your connection, not Twitch or OBS or XSplit. The most common reason I can think of for a stream dying is a network outage, I'm not sure how Twitch could contact you if your network is down though.

A good suggestion would be to monitor your stream on a phone or another device if you're experiencing a lot of outages.

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, alca said:

Why isn't it there? Because there are a plethora of things that Twitch (or any site for that matter) could implement? That's a really broad question.

Bigger streamers don't really have a problem with this - and even if you're a smaller streamer with no one there to let you aware of the stream issues, you should still check it from time to time if you care for others watching.

i think not just video problems, also audio. sometimes audio gets cut out then no one can hear you or the game/whatever you're doing. sure, streamers can just watch the chat closely or have mods that alert them if there's any streaming problems, but it would be nice to get a instant notification of streaming issues 

12 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i think not just video problems, also audio. sometimes audio gets cut out then no one can hear you or the game/whatever you're doing. sure, streamers can just watch the chat closely or have mods that alert them if there's any streaming problems, but it would be nice to get a instant notification of streaming issues 

Having automatic notification from website might not be best. But addon for browser or streaming software could do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv