CPU over temperature error!

★ Coups ★
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

How can I go about getting a replacement or repair with Cryorig do you know? It's still under warranty. 

If it's under warranty you would need to directly contact Cryorig for an RMA.

I've ran into a problem. 

My PC randomly ramped up its fans to max. I checked CAM and it said 97c with full load (I was doing very lite stuff) 

I turned it off quick and now it's saying it has a temperature error. 

I've taken the side panel off and everything feels luke warm at best but I'm scared to turn it back on. 

It's using a Cryorig A40 AIO. I'm afraid of a pump failure. 

received_1583154138381340.jpeg

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

1 minute ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

I've ran into a problem. 

My PC randomly ramped up its fans to max. I checked CAM and it said 97c with full load (I was doing very lite stuff) 

I turned it off quick and now it's saying it has a temperature error. 

I've taken the side panel off and everything feels luke warm at best but I'm scared to turn it back on. 

It's using a Cryorig A40 AIO. 

Check and see if you get a reading for the pump RPM if you weren't doing much and it got that hot it sounds like the pump has died. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Check and see if you get a reading for the pump RPM if you weren't doing much and it got that hot it sounds like the pump has died. 

This cooler doesn't show a pump rpm. 

Should I turn it back on? It's been a good 10-20 mins 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

8 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

If you still have your stock cooler, chuck that on, otherwise, jump on Amazon prime and sort yourself out a replacement. Last thing you want to do, is kill an expensive CPU by being impatient. A day, and £15 (Air) or £45 (AIO) will have you back up and running again if it is a pump. 

10 minutes ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

The system will thermal throttle if it gets too hot and shut down like before so it's safe. It should show a pump RPM but if the 4 pin lead is only a pass through for the fans then see if you can hear the pump running and the rad getting hot. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

The system will thermal throttle if it gets too hot and shut down like before so it's safe. It should show a pump RPM but if the 4 pin lead is only a pass through for the fans then see if you can hear the pump running and the rad getting hot. 

The RAD is not hot. I've tried Speedfan, and I have better results. It is 70+c with full fans, yet I feel no heat. 

Is there anyways I can fix this? 

The pump RPM simply doesn't show up, never has. 

The RAD is not hot. I've tried Speedfan, and I have better results. It is 70+c with full fans, yet I feel no heat. 

Is there anyways I can fix this? 

The pump RPM simply doesn't show up, never has. 

Some AIO's don't have an RPM line to the pump just a pass through to the fan connections so it may not be possible to monitor it. That sounds like the pump may have died if it's not getting warm at all with those kinds of temps on the CPU. As mentioned if you have the stock cooler or another one on hand you can use that temporarily. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Some AIO's don't have an RPM line to the pump just a pass through to the fan connections so it may not be possible to monitor it. That sounds like the pump may have died if it's not getting warm at all with those kinds of temps on the CPU. As mentioned if you have the stock cooler or another one on hand you can use that temporarily. 

How can I go about getting a replacement or repair with Cryorig do you know? It's still under warranty. 

Just now, W-L said:

Alright. Would you suggest I leave the PC off for the time being? 

I don't think it's too hot at idle, it's running at around 75c, but I can definitely feel the thermal throttling 

1 minute ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

Alright. Would you suggest I leave the PC off for the time being? 

I don't think it's too hot at idle, it's running at around 75c, but I can definitely feel the thermal throttling 

Yes best not to run it, with a dead pump since it will get hot pretty quick under load. 

23 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes best not to run it, with a dead pump since it will get hot pretty quick under load. 

Thanks for the help. I'm currently in contact with them, and I am using stock intel for now.