Asrock x370 gaming k4 (0d error code)

I just finished my new pc so i decided to just start it up and see how hot it runs in the bios.

Everything was working just fine with a cpu temperature of 41°C and gpu of 45°C.

So i decided to install windows 10.

Plugged in the usb stick and here is where everything started going downhill.

The pc shut down and rebooted. 

After around 25 seconds (with no screen) it did the same thing (boot loop)

I turned off the pc, plugged out the usb but this didn't fix the problem.

Also disconnected my mouse and keyboard. (Not working)

Took cmos out and put it back in, tried the same with my ram and gpus.

Someone any ideas?

Pc specs:

IMG_-xtnvgv.jpg

I suspect it might be a BIOS problem, but just to make sure... have a look at the cables etc and make sure they are all plugged in tight, make sure no loose screws under mobo touching it and possibly causing a short. Basically give it a good check around to make sure you haven't messed up somewhere.

If everything looks good, then I'd say it's quite likely a BIOS update needed... if you're not comfortable doing this , then send the board back to the shop. If you want to try the upgrade, look below:-

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4/#BIOS

They have BETA BIOS too, you would be looking at the one which says update BIOS under/how to update, and look for the one which has BIOS beside it, and this is how you update it http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

I'm not responsible for anything going wrong, just pointing that out... there are problems with lots of the AM4 boards being reported all over the place. It could be something you've done, without looking at it I can really only go by what you have told us here, and the most likely cause. If in ANY doubt, take it to a professional or return the board for a refund etc.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Oh, wait.. sorry just thought of something... if you boot into the BIOS, does it stay in the BIOS or does it reboot? if it reboots, I wouldn't attempt a BIOS upgrade at all, if it happens mid-flash it may brick it. I am not familiar with this board, and don't know if it has a backup BIOS or not.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Do you have another PC that you can use to help test some of the components such as RAM and GPUs?

Do you have a PS/2 KB and mouse?

As @paddy-stone said, there is a high probability that this is a motherboard/bios issue. Although I would want to make sure the system is stable before attempting any update.

I would strip the system back to a single GPU and single stick of RAM, and see if it boots. If it does, run memtest (use CD drive if possible), then add an additional stick of RAM and repeat. Try using USB 2.0 ports instead of USB3.0 ports to see if that has any difference.

Just now, paddy-stone said:

Oh, wait.. sorry just thought of something... if you boot into the BIOS, does it stay in the BIOS or does it reboot? if it reboots, I wouldn't attempt a BIOS upgrade at all, if it happens mid-flash it may brick it. I am not familiar with this board, and don't know if it has a backup BIOS or not.

I don't get screen at all so im not able to go in the bios. I also just noticed it shows the error code "19" for like 0.1 second before showing 0d.

I think i have to reinstall everything tomorrow if nothing is solving this problem.

Thanks anyways.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Do you have another PC that you can use to help test some of the components such as RAM and GPUs?

Do you have a PS/2 KB and mouse?

As @paddy-stone said, there is a high probability that this is a motherboard/bios issue. Although I would want to make sure the system is stable before attempting any update.

I would strip the system back to a single GPU and single stick of RAM, and see if it boots. If it does, run memtest (use CD drive if possible), then add an additional stick of RAM and repeat. Try using USB 2.0 ports instead of USB3.0 ports to see if that has any difference.

Ill test the ram and gpus tomorrow in my other pc (they are all new so they should work, but ok)

Thanks for trying to help me out so far!

No worries, I hope you get this sorted out.. there is one  good thing though, I have been reading up on this board a little, and it actually has ASRock Crashless BIOS, so when upgrading BIOS using USB, if the upgrade fails in the middle due to outage or whatever, when it's truned back on it should attempt the upgrade again, so at least there's a little hope there... but would still exhaust other possibilities before attempting BIOS upgrade, especially if this is your first build. Check everything, look in the manuals... and if you have the option, take some pics of the inside of the PC for us, we might be able to spot something not right.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, Lazer1785 said:

Ill test the ram and gpus tomorrow in my other pc (they are all new so they should work, but ok)

Thanks for trying to help me out so far!

I always give new RAM a full thorough test before using it. If there is a bad sector which was not found in QA/QC then the system will become unstable and crash intermittently. This also helps validate RAM compatibility in the system. It has been years since I last had a bad stick or incompatible RAM though.

Tested the ram and gpus, they are both working.

Also im not able to upgrade anything because i get no screen.

Also tried to run with 1 gou and 1 ran, no results.

Last i searched for metal parts like a screw, didn't find any.

Why are those error codes not specific?

I mean what is the use of them if they can mean like 100 things.

24 minutes ago, Lazer1785 said:

Why are those error codes not specific?

I mean what is the use of them if they can mean like 100 things.

I also don't get why the error codes were done in that way, it isn't really helpful. Beep codes were much easier to use, and just as unspecific.

It sounds like you will need to return the motherboard.

• 1 month later...
On 22/3/2017 at 10:44 PM, Lazer1785 said:

I just finished my new pc so i decided to just start it up and see how hot it runs in the bios.

Everything was working just fine with a cpu temperature of 41°C and gpu of 45°C.

So i decided to install windows 10.

Plugged in the usb stick and here is where everything started going downhill.

The pc shut down and rebooted. 

After around 25 seconds (with no screen) it did the same thing (boot loop)

I turned off the pc, plugged out the usb but this didn't fix the problem.

Also disconnected my mouse and keyboard. (Not working)

Took cmos out and put it back in, tried the same with my ram and gpus.

Someone any ideas?

Pc specs:

IMG_-xtnvgv.jpg

Hi Laser, i have the same board and getting the same error, have you fixed it?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I have the same board and the same issue.

It's the RAM!

At first. I had installed a pair of 8GB G.Skill Trident-Z 3200 MHz CL14 and got a long line of error codes, halting at 0d. Boot loop, no screen.

These RAM should be the same as the Flare-X by G.Skill (Samsung B-Dies) and thus designed for AM4 systems. However, they seem to be incompatible, at least at the moment. Even the latest BIOS (2.50 w/ AGESA 1006!) does not get them to run.

I bought the cheapest RAM on the "supported RAM list" (in this case: crucial 2133 MHz CL15 at 1.2 V) and it works!

Could even put in one of the G.Skills with it so at least I have 16 GB of RAM (at 2133MHz CL 15).

This is kind of annoying and I am not ready to give up yet. All attempts to raise voltage and SoC voltage and then change to two superior RAM modules have failed so far....

The board is not an RMA case, it's just ... annoying. Get a Gigabyte or ASUS. They work better with a wider variety of RAM and OC better...

I will try and try again for as long as it takes and keep you posted if you wish so.

30 minutes ago, The German dude said:

Hi all, I have the same board and the same issue.

It's the RAM!

At first. I had installed a pair of 8GB G.Skill Trident-Z 3200 MHz CL14 and got a long line of error codes, halting at 0d. Boot loop, no screen.

These RAM should be the same as the Flare-X by G.Skill (Samsung B-Dies) and thus designed for AM4 systems. However, they seem to be incompatible, at least at the moment. Even the latest BIOS (2.50 w/ AGESA 1006!) does not get them to run.

I bought the cheapest RAM on the "supported RAM list" (in this case: crucial 2133 MHz CL15 at 1.2 V) and it works!

Could even put in one of the G.Skills with it so at least I have 16 GB of RAM (at 2133MHz CL 15).

This is kind of annoying and I am not ready to give up yet. All attempts to raise voltage and SoC voltage and then change to two superior RAM modules have failed so far....

The board is not an RMA case, it's just ... annoying. Get a Gigabyte or ASUS. They work better with a wider variety of RAM and OC better...

I will try and try again for as long as it takes and keep you posted if you wish so.

It is probably a better idea to start your own thread asking for help rather than necro'ing a thread which the OP has left the forums.

What specifically is the part number for your Trident Z RAM? After installing the Trident Z RAM did you clear the CMOS (sometimes the clear CMOS jumpers does not work, unplugging the system and removing the CMOS battery for about 90 seconds is needed).

Is it one of the Trident Z sticks works and the other doesn't, or does only one work at a time in the system?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi linustechtips. I have the same problem with main bios... is not working, debug led code 0d. I can't enter in bios, I have no signal on my tv and my keyboard is not working. Only bacup bios is ok. I have Aorus GA X370-Gaming K7. This problem started when I flashing the bios with new F4. When I started the flashing, at 40%, my pc was shuting down, I don't know why. I started one again I enter the bios and once again I try to flashing the bios. This time it was working, and flashing it's was completed. After couple days I was observed on my motherboard, the bacup bios is on, and not main bios. I trying to flashing the main bios... but no luck l. When I switch only main bios and one bios... my pc started but no signal my tv, not keybord working and debug led code 0d. So please enyone can help me?