Surface Pro 4 Review

Buy Surface Pro 4 on Amazon: http://geni.us/xWApip

With the recent drop in its price is the Surface Pro 4 a compelling purchase? Or should you wait around to see what the Surface Pro 5 will bring?

Just bought one recently. No ragrets.

3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Surface Pro 4 on Amazon: http://geni.us/xWApip

With the recent drop in its price is the Surface Pro 4 a compelling purchase? Or should you wait around to see what the Surface Pro 5 will bring?

But can it run Crysis?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

But can it run Crysis?

yes it can, in low setting with, low gfx mod.

Name it Surface Pro 4 Tested and you will guarantee to have lots of dislikes

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yes it can, in low setting with, low gfx mod.

Bad Microsoft. Not making a PC that can run Crysis 7 maxed out at 8k with graphics mods. Bad, bad microsoft. Back to the drawing board.

Image result for but can it run crysis

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

yes yes .. push that mini connector in the USB port maybe you won't fry it

good god! :S

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Bad Microsoft. Not making a PC that can run Crysis 7 maxed out at 8k with graphics mods. Bad, bad microsoft. Back to the drawing board.

Image result for but can it run crysis

here a 5 watt cpu ( x1 same as the switch) running crysis 3 in 1080p

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

U wot m8

Image result for shocked reaction

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

It

was

a

joke

2 minutes ago, Tape said:

It

was

a

joke

It was just a prank bro

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Finally, my choices have been validated

3664634.jpg

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

@deXxterlab97 someones being edgy 

wqedqw.png

Didn't see that lol

<3 changing thumb nail a hour after release to a click bait one! 

Was this on purpose?! 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

6 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

<3 changing thumb nail a hour after release to a click bait one! 

Was this on purpose?! 

The thumbnail was never changed.... Maybe YouTube wasn't displaying the right one? They've pulled stuff like that in the past...

EDIT: Also, how is it clickbait to have a picture of the host of the video and the product featured in the video?... Genuinely curious.

33 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

The thumbnail was never changed.... Maybe YouTube wasn't displaying the right one? They've pulled stuff like that in the past...

EDIT: Also, how is it clickbait to have a picture of the host of the video and the product featured in the video?... Genuinely curious.

clickbait_thumbnail.png.e689c3393f99a7bfecc9452ca98b0609.png

Why are there suddenly a bunch of surface pro 4 videos going up?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I'm a bit disappointed that Linus didn't tested the battery life like playing 1080p Netflix continuously on Microsoft Edge. Also, I don't think Microsoft should ditch their proprietary charging port for type C USB since it's also magnetic just like the defunct MagSafe connector. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm a bit disappointed that Linus didn't tested the battery life like playing 1080p Netflix continuously on Microsoft Edge. Also, I don't think Microsoft should ditch their proprietary charging port for type C USB since it's also magnetic just like the defunct MagSafe connector. 

I really want to see someone make a magsafe-style USB-C connector. When Apple dropped Magsafe in favor of USB-C I saw it as both good and bad. On the one hand, it's great being able to charge with basically any cable (meaning chargers become cheaper/smaller and you're more likely to find another person with the charger if you don't have yours) and on any side of the laptop. On the other hand, magsafe is amazing. Now, there are magsafe USB-C connectors, but they're bulky and imo lose some of what made magsafe great. So I would feel the same way about the SP5 not having a magnetic charger....it's neither good nor bad. 

Anyway, I'd really like to see Apple/Microsoft add something to the USB-C ports (a ring around the edge maybe?) that didn't change the fit of the port, but would allow for a magnetic connector to be used. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Anyway, I'd really like to see Apple/Microsoft add something to the USB-C ports (a ring around the edge maybe?) that didn't change the fit of the port, but would allow for a magnetic connector to be used. 

I hope so 

Apple and Intel collaborated to make Thunderbolt. Maybe Intel can come up with something too. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

My sister has a Surface Pro 3, she loves the thing for how portable it is (but experienced odd glitches during the Windows 10 upgrade), me personally i'm beginning to find my 17.3" laptop display to be to small for my use, so the idea of using Windows on a screen that small is enough I don't see any value to them.

10 hours ago, nicklmg said:

I've got a Tim cook image on my end. 

I didn't know if this was the image Intended but as you mentioned it could be YouTube's fault. 

Sorry about that.

And for the original thumbnail. It's okay but I liked the previous thumbnails better. I already gave my opinion on the thumbnails in the Ryzen video forum post here :

Screenshot_20170322-233357.png

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

You now have half a dozen people making B-roll for a single video, but running even one kind of battery test for your tablet review is still too time consuming?