NASA & Others

13 hours ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

What do you think about NASA and other space agencies?
Are they pointless? Do they have too big budgets? Whatever your answer, justify it, please.
I love space exploration, so I obviously support space agencies and its projects/missions (I'm not a scientist or anything like that, I'm just obsessed with it, :)).

You need to find Neil deGrass Tyson on YouTube and see what he has to say about your questions.

It is not pointless at all. The tech trickles down to everyday consumers.

23 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

-snip-

By this time, based on a video i saw theorizing this, we would be in Mars before 2020 if the US military budget went into NASA hands and colonizing it before 2030. Man, i hate that humanity still hasnt learned you can win Civilization with a Science Victory .-.

Groomlake Authority

13 hours ago, yathis said:

You need to find Neil deGrass Tyson on YouTube and see what he has to say about your questions.

It is not pointless at all. The tech trickles down to everyday consumers.

I already know Neil deGrasse Tyson, I love him, hahahaha. Just look at my cover photo, xD

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I'm just glad that, for the most part, we all agree that NASA as well as other similar institutions are important to society.

I'm glad, too.

26 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

By this time, based on a video i saw theorizing this, we would be in Mars before 2020 if the US military budget went into NASA hands and colonizing it before 2030. Man, i hate that humanity still hasnt learned you can win Civilization with a Science Victory .-.

Wow, I need to see that video...

On 3/22/2017 at 10:37 AM, DaemonWarrior44 said:

I'm just obsessed with it, :)).

Sometimes realizing we have a problem, is the first step to fixing it. Joking OP

I think having a private company like space x can efficiently can have a positive impact in space exploration.

Though it is a private company, anything they discover including data and property is there's to do as they please. 

1 minute ago, WindirBear said:

Sometimes realizing we have a problem, is the first step to fixing it. Joking OP

I think having a private company like space x can efficiently can have a positive impact in space exploration.

Though it is a private company, anything they discover including data and property is there's to do as they please. 

Well, if (as an example) SpaceX discovers an underground lake on Mars or something like that, it won't be theirs. There's a specific treaty about celestial objects and it says nobody can own anything from outer space (excluding asteroids that fall in private property here on Earth, I think).

9 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Well, if (as an example) SpaceX discovers an underground lake on Mars or something like that, it won't be theirs. There's a specific treaty about celestial objects and it says nobody can own anything from outer space (excluding asteroids that fall in private property here on Earth, I think).

Well they can keep the data for them selves.

Also the u.s.a. owns the moon! Go team merica!!!!!!

Just now, WindirBear said:

Yeah, they can own data, but not land... I'm not sure if the treaty that I mentioned before says something about scientific investigations, I think if a private company discovers something during an expedition in outer space they'll have to share info and discoveries.
Also, putting a flag on something doesn't make it yours, xD

Just now, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Also, putting a flag on something doesn't make it yours, xD

It isn't Imperialism age anymore.

26 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Technically, the Outer Space Treaty deals with Governments, not private entities. It could be argued that those entities are subject to the treaty, as long as the country they're registered in or operates with, has signed the treaty (not everyone has).

But in theory, a company could (if it had the necessary funds) cut ties with any government that has signed the treaty, and use that as grounds to claim extraterrestrial property.

16 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

The USA doesn't own the Moon, so I hope that's hyperbolic :P Besides, Russia was the first country to land anything on the moon - just not people. Anyway, the Outer Space Treaty covers the moon, so technically no country can "own" it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Anyway, the Outer Space Treaty covers the moon, so technically no country can "own" it.

I heard of a real estate agency from San Francisco that sold a few lands on the Moon...

I heard of a real estate agency from San Francisco that sold a few lands on the Moon...

Yeah but you're just buying an expensive piece of paper. That real estate agency has no legal authority to sell plots of land on the Moon. Seriously...

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah but you're just buying an expensive piece of paper. That real estate agency has no legal authority to sell plots of land on the Moon. Seriously...

Yeah, I know it's ridiculous, but hey! People actually bought that! xD

1 minute ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Yeah, I know it's ridiculous, but hey! People actually bought that! xD

Oh I know. But they got scammed. 100%.

Who ever can "defend" the land, its theres, but we will have to see what the artic regions will do.

No one wants to live on the moon.

29 minutes ago, yathis said:

Who ever can "defend" the land, its theres, but we will have to see what the artic regions will do.

No one wants to live on the moon.

It doesn't matter how small a piece of land on Mars/Moon is, if any organization wants to take it, they'll have to fight for it. We live in a relatively peaceful age and most countries want and need to keep it that way, so I don't think there's gonna be a World War: Mars/Moon or anything like that.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:16 PM, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Yes, but it did surprise me because Trump and his team are anti-science, Climate Change deniers, etc.

Anti-science? The fuck did you read that at?

I know the elites still there are fucking stupid, but Trump isn't anti-science if his stance on gay marriage says anything. His stance on climate change is really my only gripe I have with him, and even then, it doesn't seem to be something that's on his mind, really.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Anti-science? The fuck did you read that at?

I know the elites still there are fucking stupid, but Trump isn't anti-science if his stance on gay marriage says anything. His stance on climate change is really my only gripe I have with him, and even then, it doesn't seem to be something that's on his mind, really.

Mike Pence is a creationist and Donald Trump believes that Climate Change is a hoax:

Does that qualify as anti-science? I think it does.

1 minute ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Mike Pence is a creationist and Donald Trump believes that Climate Change is a hoax:

Does that qualify as anti-science? I think it does.

For Trump, refer to the point in my comment. Also, that's a 4 year old tweet.

For Pence, he's a different case I don't want to tackle. I'll take my L for him, but that's because Pence is a bit of a nutjob in some ways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

For Trump, refer to the point in my comment. Also, that's a 4 year old tweet.

For Pence, he's a different case I don't want to tackle. I'll take my L for him, but that's because Pence is a bit of a nutjob in some ways.

I think there are many others Trump's team members that are creationists and Climate Change deniers, but I'm not sure about their names.

I think there are many others Trump's team members that are creationists and Climate Change deniers, but I'm not sure about their names.

And I also think there are many Trump supporters that are both, creationists and Climate Change deniers, like conservatives and very religious people... and like Alex Jones (yes, xD):

Well, maybe I went too far by mentioning Jones, haha...