Netflix is bringing Death Note to life!

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/22/15021872/death-note-netflix-teaser-trailer-release-date

Quote from article: "A live-action version of Death Note is coming to Netflix later this year, and we’ve just gotten the first teaser trailer. Here, Light Turner (The Fault In Our Stars Nat Wolff) finds the titular Death Note, and soon discovers that whoever is named in the supernatural notebook will die. It’s at that point that he decides to use the book to kill criminals — all while being watched by the bored shinigami Ryuk (Willem Dafoe)." 

Can we please talk about this? I'm sure there has to be at least a few Death Note fans here!

3 hours ago, Ankit Sharma said:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/22/15021872/death-note-netflix-teaser-trailer-release-date

Quote from article: "A live-action version of Death Note is coming to Netflix later this year, and we’ve just gotten the first teaser trailer. Here, Light Turner (The Fault In Our Stars Nat Wolff) finds the titular Death Note, and soon discovers that whoever is named in the supernatural notebook will die. It’s at that point that he decides to use the book to kill criminals — all while being watched by the bored shinigami Ryuk (Willem Dafoe)." 

Can we please talk about this? I'm sure there has to be at least a few Death Note fans here!

They already have a couple of Japanese live versions along with a play if I remember correctly.

I've never really liked any live adaptation of any anime but pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassee don't end up like the abomination that was Dragonball Evolution...

On 3/23/2017 at 2:13 AM, imreloadin said:

They already have a couple of Japanese live versions along with a play if I remember correctly.

I've never really liked any live adaptation of any anime but pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassee don't end up like the abomination that was Dragonball Evolution...

Ohh I absolutely hated that crap! They've chosen American actors which is pretty pissing off as well..

45 minutes ago, Ankit Sharma said:

Ohh I absolutely hated that crap! They've chosen American actors which is pretty pissing off as well..

...That makes sense in this case.  The adaptation is set in America.  What's why you saw the Seattle Space Needle in the Netflix trailer.  This isn't a case of white people being cast in Asian roles, it's an adaptation that moves the entire story to another region.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

...That makes sense in this case.  The adaptation is set in America.  What's why you saw the Seattle Space Needle in the Netflix trailer.  This isn't a case of white people being cast in Asian roles, it's an adaptation that moves the entire story to another region.

Ahh I wasn't aware of that, guess I never put the two together xD

seriously doubtful it'll go well. these things tend not to transition into 3d well. 

Also... kind of feel death note is a bit too overrated, marginally above average for its genre imo. denpa teki no kanajo was much better once again imo, and deserves a bit more flushing out. but i guess doing what's popular is an easy way to make money. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

i will gladly watch it as soon as they release the blu ray for it i have streaming videos.

Is that Netflix Canada or Netflix USA, because Netflix Canada really sucks ass.