USB boot drives only showing as [UEFI] in BIOS

A few weeks ago I bought a SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on it, I made sure to unplug my HDD when doing this. 

After a while I noticed that I wasn't getting the Windows boot logo when I would boot, instead I would get the ASUS ROG logo. I then learned about the difference between Legacy and UEFI installs. I guess I must have selected my USB with the {UEFI] tag by mistake.

Now everytime I go into the boot menu in my motherboards (ASUS GENE VII) BIOS, my USB and external drives only show as [UEFI] meaning it is only letting me do UEFI installs. 

If I go into "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" my USB and other drives show without the [UEFI] tag and whatever I set to boot device #1 will show in the main boot menu without the [UEFI] tag. But why do I need to do this? Before I had my SSD I did plenty of clean Legacy installs on my HDD without doing this. 

I don't need to go back to a legacy install right away, but it would be nice to know it's there if I ever need it.

CSM is enabled and Secure Boot OS type is set to "Windows UEFI" (this must be by default as I did by change it).

Many thanks.

36 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You want uefi, don't use legacy.

Uefi is faster to boot, more secure, more flexable with boot options, allows bigger boot drives, allows gpt and its many benfits.

I thought fast boot didn't make a difference as CSM is enabled? I cannot disable CSM as I can't POST when I do. I also disabled fast boot anyway as I heard it could cause problems, should I re - enable it?

Also, I thought UEFI didn't work with Windows 7, so what if I ever need to go back?

You also say it's more flexible with boot options but yet it doesn't let me do a legacy install, haha.

1 hour ago, Celios said:

I thought fast boot didn't make a difference as CSM is enabled? I cannot disable CSM as I can't POST when I do. I also disabled fast boot anyway as I heard it could cause problems, should I re - enable it?

Also, I thought UEFI didn't work with Windows 7, so what if I ever need to go back?

You also say it's more flexible with boot options but yet it doesn't let me do a legacy install, haha.

This isn't fast boot, its just faster at putting the kernel in ram. But might as well turn fast boot on, no reason not to.

No real reason to run win7 any more. Its old, not supported on new hardware, and if you really want it, run it in a vm.

More flexable as your able to control the hardware more from the os.

33 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This isn't fast boot, its just faster at putting the kernel in ram. But might as well turn fast boot on, no reason not to.

No real reason to run win7 any more. Its old, not supported on new hardware, and if you really want it, run it in a vm.

More flexable as your able to control the hardware more from the os.

Hmm, okay.

I guess I just miss the Windows boot logo :(

16 hours ago, Celios said:

Hmm, okay.

I guess I just miss the Windows boot logo :(

Thats bit odd. ROG logo is just splash for POST. Windows logo comes after it. Or you can disable ROG logo in BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thats bit odd. ROG logo is just splash for POST. Windows logo comes after it. Or you can disable ROG logo in BIOS.

Yes, that's how it was on the Legacy install but not on UEFI. And after doing a lot of research people have said it's normal not to get the Windows logo on a UEFI boot.