Finally time and money to upgrade, suggestions?

Dackzy

My Current headphone setup.

PC -> ODAC/O2 or R-N500 -> HE 560, K612 or M50

New

PC -> Audio-GD NFB 11 -> HE 560, K612, HP50 or M50 (I will very rarely use the M50)

Okay now just for the hybrid tube amp, not 100% sure what I want to get there. I would like to keep it under 300€ and love to keep it under 250€, it needs to fit my HE 560 and K612 well. If it is really good then I might be able to spend 400€ on it, but that will also be pushing it.

I won't change much in my speaker setup if anything at all (depending on the money). If I change anything then I will upgrade my sub from a Jamo 3SUB.2 to a SVS SB 1000 or SVS PB 1000.

It is only the tube amp I really need suggestions for, but ofc you are welcome to suggest things for each thing I plan to upgrade. 

Let me hear your thoughts 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

28 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

If I change anything then I will upgrade my sub from a Jamo 3SUB.2 to a SVS SB 1000 or SVS PB 1000.

I don't have much input on tube amps, but I do recommend against SVS "cheaper" subs. I'm not impressed with what I've heard from the sealed 2000 series. It doesn't deliver a tactile slam, and it quickly sounds boomy. The louder you go, the more you will notice the 1000 and 2000 series can't keep up. The Plus and Ultra series subs are great, but overpriced. You can do better for the money these days.

15 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I don't have much input on tube amps, but I do recommend against SVS "cheaper" subs. I'm not impressed with what I've heard from the sealed 2000 series. It doesn't deliver a tactile slam, and it quickly sounds boomy. The louder you go, the more you will notice the 1000 and 2000 series can't keep up. The Plus and Ultra series subs are great, but overpriced. You can do better for the money these days.

what would a good sub be under 500$ then? I have only found subs that do down to 30-40hz other than the PB1000

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

First question - do you want to use it to drive your HE-560 primarily? If so, then an OTL probably isn't the best choice.

11 minutes ago, SSL said:

First question - do you want to use it to drive your HE-560 primarily? If so, then an OTL probably isn't the best choice.

yeah, I use my HE 560 maybe 60% of the time and then my K612 40% of the time, the HP50s are mainly just for when my sensitivity gets bad so don't really count on those. A hybrid would be best here, just not sure which.

24 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

what would a good sub be under 500$ then? I have only found subs that do down to 30-40hz other than the PB1000

I'm not sure of any subs under $500 that I would recommend. If I were in your position, I would save up a bit more before I started looking. Based on the FR plot on SVS for the PB1000, it seems to me that anything below 30 Hz is marketing hype for this sub.

What kind of speakers are you planning to pair them with?

Just now, JohnT said:

I'm not sure of any subs under $500 that I would recommend. If I were in your position, I would save up a bit more before I started looking. Based on the FR plot on SVS for the PB1000, it seems to me that anything below 30 Hz is marketing hype for this sub.

What kind of speakers are you planning to pair them with?

oh as it says in my signature I have a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2

I found some subs in my price range

Triangle Thetis 320

Earthquake FF-12

Earthquake MiniMe P10 V2

Wharfedale SPC-12

The few times I have tried Earthquake subs they have been very boomy and not that tight.

I recommend the Sennheiser HE 1. They sound perfect.

7 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I recommend the Sennheiser HE 1. They sound perfect.

LOL, sure sure let me just go down to the bank and explain to them that I need 55k USD xD 

Vali 2, Lyr 2, Project Ember. My research suggest the latter is not really worth it over the other two, though.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Vali 2, Lyr 2, Project Ember. My research suggest the latter is not really worth it over the other two, though.

Do you think I should upgrade the tube in a vali

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

oh as it says in my signature I have a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2

I found some subs in my price range

Triangle Thetis 320

Earthquake FF-12

Earthquake MiniMe P10 V2

Wharfedale SPC-12

The few times I have tried Earthquake subs they have been very boomy and not that tight.

Get them EQed correctly; the room might be making them boomy.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Do you think I should upgrade the tube in a vali

Based on my experience upgrading the tubes in Valhalla, yes, but don't go overboard. A simple roll to EH 6CG7 or 6922 would probably smooth out the treble and provide that extra je ne sais quoi.

15 minutes ago, Stagea said:

Get them EQed correctly; the room might be making them boomy.

tried some earthquake at my friends house and he is really anal about audio, like for real I can be a bit sometimes, but he is like the stereo type of "audiophiles". So I am fairly sure that he had checked everything, if he didn't then I have something to tease him with :D

12 minutes ago, SSL said:

Based on my experience upgrading the tubes in Valhalla, yes, but don't go overboard. A simple roll to EH 6CG7 or 6922 would probably smooth out the treble and provide that extra je ne sais quoi.

do schiit sell those on their website?

Just now, Dackzy said:

do schiit sell those on their website?

No. Since you're living in Europe you would need to track down a tube supplier that works for your location. Ebay is an option, but potentially more risky if you don't know what you're doing.

I got my tubes from tubedepot.com, which does ship internationally.

8 hours ago, SSL said:

No. Since you're living in Europe you would need to track down a tube supplier that works for your location. Ebay is an option, but potentially more risky if you don't know what you're doing.

I got my tubes from tubedepot.com, which does ship internationally.

luckily I know some people so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.

@SSL I just looked up the tubes and there are so many tubes with the model number you gave me. Tubedeport has two EH 6CG7 one cost 16$ and the other one cost 25$ and then the 6922 ranges from 14-200$.

This is what I found in EU 

https://www.thomann.de/dk/tad_rt6922_roehre_6922_e88cc.htm?ref=search_rslt_6922_248469_1

https://www.jukebox-revival.eu/staging/buis-6cg7-eh.html

I am not really familiar with the tube world, I have never really looked into different tubes...