Mobos for ryzen

Right i guess this might be a bit rough but here we go. 

I'm thinking about going ryzen and i know its kind of new but would like suggestions. 

Going more for a mainstream board.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761

after yesterday biostar was removed from my go for. 

I can be steered around I'm very open. 

With your avatar, I doubt you can be steered. I even highly doubt you have any kind of controll over your own actions.

On-topic: why did you remove Biostar from your list?

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

With your avatar, I doubt you can be steered. I even highly doubt you have any kind of controll over your own actions.

On-topic: why did you remove Biostar from your list?

Biostar was not recommended from my post yesterday. I judged it on everyone's input.

the post. 

i didn't really specify my intention just wanted input on the brand. 

Searched for that topic by looking at your activity. Anyways, read the comments. Some were good, some were bad, while you were asking about the bad.

To comment on them stars: way back, when I was getting a new board for my Slot A CPU (look it up), biostar was cheap. I doubt they have changed much. But considering cheap board can still be good, and considering 3 stars can be very good for the price, you should not exclude them. Especialy since you didn't tell us what price range you are looking in.

On the topic of brands: I would personaly go for a mid-range or high end ASUS motherboard. The 2 boards I bought brand new lasted me at least 7+ years, while being on 24/7.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Searched for that topic by looking at your activity. Anyways, read the comments. Some were good, some were bad, while you were asking about the bad.

To comment on them stars: way back, when I was getting a new board for my Slot A CPU (look it up), biostar was cheap. I doubt they have changed much. But considering cheap board can still be good, and considering 3 stars can be very good for the price, you should not exclude them. Especialy since you didn't tell us what price range you are looking in.

On the topic of brands: I would personaly go for a mid-range or high end ASUS motherboard. The 2 boards I bought brand new lasted me at least 7+ years, while being on 24/7.

iam slowly compiling a build from all of linus community based around my set requirements. im look for majority or someone who has an overwhelmingly positive suggestion.

this is a good idea or bad  

Without knowing what you want to do with your pc, it's a bad idea. You can get the best motherboard out there, which would use a Ryzen CPU. So you but that motherboard. Then you ask about the best (gaming) CPU out there, and you get some kind of bloated price Intel CPU. So that will work great. (nope)

This is a bit of an extreme example, but it's just to tell you it's a bad idea.

Also, without having a budget, makes your posts somewhat like trolling. People investing time to respond, while the PC is never going to get built/bought.

Get yourself an idea about what you want to use that pc for. Use the search option, and read things about hardware that "is for you". Compile a partspicker list, create a single topic, post budget and what you want to use your pc for, and wait for comments.

I truly do intend to build it. i started with the basics. gpu psu case ram. those are universal. 

2 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I would stay away from Asus for Ryzen until they sort out their stability problems - while the platform as a whole has rough edges to polish, reviewers using Asus had disproportionately more problems getting high speed RAM to work, or even update BIOS without becoming paperweight. 

I'm sure Asus will eventually catch up with their reputation, but for now they seem like the riskier choice to me. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $194.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-22 14:00 EDT-0400

I got this one with my 1700 

0 problems 

Let's agree to disagree