SSD suggestions

linustouchtips

I'm not looking for the best but i would like some okay performance for a good price i might buy 2 so keep that in mind. PNY 124 gb looks okay. Should i go low high in gb. 

1 minute ago, linustouchtips said:

I'm not looking for the best but i would like some okay performance for a good price i might buy 2 so keep that in mind. PNY 124 gb looks okay. Should i go low high in gb. 

Well what is your budget?

IM BACK BABY

With modern games and programs, I consider 124 gb to small. Try to get at least a 240 gb SSD.

Just now, linustouchtips said:

<125

also what does your mobo support? Just sata or does it also support m.2?

IM BACK BABY

2 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

also what does your mobo support? Just sata or does it also support m.2?

not to familiar with m.2 but i can go for that yes my mobo does. Its just above the pci slot.  

2 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Yes. 

There are some really nice drives with atleast 250 gb storage in your price range. Ive got one which I think would work but what MOBO do you have?

IM BACK BABY

3 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

There are some really nice drives with atleast 250 gb storage in your price range. Ive got one which I think would work but what MOBO do you have?

i mean im kind of up in the air i was planning on asking community for input.

this was one of the mobos i have in mind. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761

tis a ryzen build. 

24 minutes ago, linustouchtips said:

Samsung 850 EVO, it's a good SSD

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

Realistically, the differences between SATA III SSDs is not usually noticeable in real world applications. There are some applications were you may notice a small difference in performance between the two. Usually you don't want to look at raw speed, but rather the consistency of the speed while in use. Some SSDs will get quite hot while under heavy load and will throttle in response.

You would notice a bigger difference in performance if you go from SATA to M.2 (that uses PCIe not SATA lanes).

The most important thing is to find an SSD that fits what you want to use it for, while being in your price range. For example, I don't put games on my SSD because it doesn't make a difference with load times. In the few games with a noticeable improvement in load times, I'm still waiting for a countdown timer at the start of the match anyway. I do put video and image editing programs as well as Steam and web browsers since these see the biggest performance in crease.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit