Gaming & Workstation - 7700K or Ryzen 1700x

8 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

thats a crappy aio... 

You're the guy with the 1800x so... The three Ryzen 7 are like the same with just better binning for the more expensive ones.

23 hours ago, M.A.P said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/f7PPGf
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/f7PPGf/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (£287.94 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£104.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£150.87 @ Eclipse Computers) 
Memory: ADATA 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£92.09 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Green 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£70.97 @ BT Shop) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.99 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  (£699.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£39.98 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: Deepcool 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1536.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-22 14:42 GMT+0000

Thanks to everyone for their replys so far, i get the feeling i should be doing a Ryzen build ;)

Ive pretty much got my ideal build together now based on all the suggestions above. One question though, will i need additional cooling with the 1700x or would the included wraith spire cooler suffice?

Cheers :D 

2 minutes ago, RE5URECTION said:

Thanks to everyone for their replys so far, i get the feeling i should be doing a Ryzen build ;)

Ive pretty much got my ideal build together now based on all the suggestions above. One question though, will i need additional cooling with the 1700x or would the included wraith spire cooler suffice?

If you plan overclocking then go with other cooler other at stock clocks the wraith should be good and also should handle 100-200MHz increase I mean OCing.

1 hour ago, M.A.P said:

If you plan overclocking then go with other cooler other at stock clocks the wraith should be good and also should handle 100-200MHz increase I mean OCing.

Thanks for this, the AM4 bracket for the Corsair H100i v2 is only £4 so i think ill take that route.

1 hour ago, RE5URECTION said:

Thanks for this, the AM4 bracket for the Corsair H100i v2 is only £4 so i think ill take that route.

Thats a good choice its a liquid cooler and you should get pretty decent overclock with it maybe around 4.0GHz to 4.3GHz or maybe more with some tinkering.

5 hours ago, RE5URECTION said:

Go with the R7 1700 if you want to use the stock cooler for the time being (Until you get the AM4 bracket). The R7 1700X and 1800X don't have a stock cooler included.

I would also go with one of the Corsair 280mm AIO's (Or NZXT X61/X62) over the H100i.

8 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Go with the R7 1700 if you want to use the stock cooler for the time being (Until you get the AM4 bracket). The R7 1700X and 1800X don't have a stock cooler included.

I would also go with one of the Corsair 280mm AIO's (Or NZXT X61/X62) over the H100i.

Im going with the 1700 :)

probably will end up using the stock cooler initially until the bracket comes. The H100i V2 is a 240mm rad, is there any need to push this to a 280mm rad? i prefer the look of the H100i V2 block rather than the blocks on the 280mm coolers.

2 hours ago, RE5URECTION said:

Im going with the 1700 :)

probably will end up using the stock cooler initially until the bracket comes. The H100i V2 is a 240mm rad, is there any need to push this to a 280mm rad? i prefer the look of the H100i V2 block rather than the blocks on the 280mm coolers.

There won't be a huge difference between them. The 280mm should perform slightly better due to the bigger rad/fans but the H100i will do fine if you prefer that.