Smaller EATX case

Godcer

The system i currently have is built in the Cooler Master HAF X and it is just too big, and also not very quiet. There are lots of smaller cases than this one, but many of those can't fit the huge EATX motherboard i have. Does anyone know about a smaller case that would still have room for the motherboard? It would be nice if it was quieter too, but it's not a requirement.

In hindsight I see that going for an EATX motherboard was a bad idea. Now that I want a smaller case I have to settle with a smaller but still big case. Either that or buy a new motherboard which makes me buy a new CPU which makes me have to buy new RAM. A new CPU, motherboard and RAM can be quite expensive.

Although Cooler Master doesn't mention it, the HAF XB Evo supports E-ATX motherboards, as you can see in the following video:

It could be an option.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Phanteks Enthoo Pro (but it isn't much smaller than the HAF X) or Eclipse P400. P400 can fit some E-ATX boards, but they block cable grommets, so cables would have to go through the hdd covers.

Cooler Master Mastercase 5, Silencio 652s (according to pictures on their site where they have eatx board inside, but isn't listed in the specs).

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

2 hours ago, Droidbot said:

In-Win 707F or Corsair 780T

The In-Win is too pricey for me and the Corsair 780T is not sold where I live. 

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Although Cooler Master doesn't mention it, the HAF XB Evo supports E-ATX motherboards, as you can see in the following video:

It could be an option.

This one is also too expensive for me.

1 hour ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro (but it isn't much smaller than the HAF X) or Eclipse P400. P400 can fit some E-ATX boards, but they block cable grommets, so cables would have to go through the hdd covers.

Cooler Master Mastercase 5, Silencio 652s (according to pictures on their site where they have eatx board inside, but isn't listed in the specs).

The Phanteks Eclipse P400S is the smallest I have found so far (46L vs 76L of the HAF X), and it is not as expensive as the others.

The Corsair Carbide Quiet 400Q is actually smaller than the Eclipse P400S albeit a little more expensive.

I also made a little chart for some of the EATX cases I found that compares the size.

Computer Case Sizes 2.png

3 hours ago, Godcer said:

The Corsair Carbide Quiet 400Q is actually smaller than the Eclipse P400S albeit a little more expensive.

I also made a little chart for some of the EATX cases I found that compares the size.

Well, 400Q is another choice. P400S has a more traditional layout if you put some hdds in the front, while 400Q is more of a "single open main chamber + PSU shroud".

You can spot the difference quiet easily when you look at the measurements, corsair has less depth so hdds cannot fit in the front. Otherwise they are pretty similar cases.

My personal preference would be the phanteks, but  corsair is another great choice (if not even better) if you decide to go for it.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB