Downloading steam gamedata from torrent

zaza95

Okay so i recently bought doom from steam and the game files are huge (79gb) steam estimated 3 days time for the download. On torrents I get download speeds of 6MB/s which should download the game in few hours. So is there any way I can download files from a torrent version of game and paste it in steamapps/common/(doom folder) so as to make steam think that i have downloaded the files already?

I'm not sure why steam is so slow? It shouldn't at least be slow, maybe there is something wrong with the steam config?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Without going into too much details, as I don't know if its seen as piracy to do so, yes you can do this, many release groups do provide steam games like this.

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

I'm not sure why steam is so slow? It shouldn't at least be slow, maybe there is something wrong with the steam config?

No my connection speed is 2/2 but i get a boost in popular torrents due to cache

4 minutes ago, pmos said:

Without going into too much details, as I don't know if its seen as piracy to do so, yes you can do this, many release groups do provide steam games like this.

I have bought the game i just need a different source for the files. Could you tell me the names of these groups?

8 minutes ago, zaza95 said:

No my connection speed is 2/2 but i get a boost in popular torrents due to cache

That doesn't seem possible. What I read about cache, it doesn't act as speed boost which would triple your connection speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

it is possible if someone just zipped the raw files without modifying them and then uploaded them. but you're probably not going to find that. what you can try is downloading a cracked version and verifying the local data and hope steam restores it itself correctly. its a janky ass solution but it could be crazy enough to work.

it will probably be illegal tough, unless you're from the netherlands i think. they have something called home copy tax or something that has to do with it.

AFAIK Steam doesn't care where you got the files, as long as they're on your computer. It will still validate them 

That's an F in the profile pic

3 hours ago, Froody129 said:

AFAIK Steam doesn't care where you got the files, as long as they're on your computer. It will still validate them 

Which files do I paste, the setup files or the files created after setup?

25 minutes ago, zaza95 said:

Umm, I would think after setup. I've never done this though, so I don't know 

That's an F in the profile pic

20 hours ago, zaza95 said:

After setup. Always latest ones. Otherwise Steam starts to update. And probably will anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv