Airflow question?

pmos

Hey all, I have been running this system for a while, and been generally happy with it. But I have heard that airflow in this micro atx (Bitfenix Prodigy M) isent too great. So I was wondering if I could improve it. The CPU (Intel Core i7 4790) runs at around 30-35C idle, and the GPU at 38C idle (Evga NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 sc 6GB). I have tried to make a picture (Yes in paint ^_^) of how I have set my rig up. Do you guys see any mistakes I have done? Something I can improve? :)

VWIdr3a.png

What temps do you get under load because I doubt airflow is an issue tbh

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

I loaded up Ghost Recon Wildlands for a while, and my temps read 47C for the CPU and 65C for the GPU at very high settings.

Edit:

I do use automated fan controllers for both case fans, CPU fan and GPU fan.

Edited by pmos

Those temperatures are fine, don't worry about it.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

Temps are already good. No need to do any changes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

But even if they are fine, am I doing the airflow correctly in this machine? :-) Because if i'm not, then I can improve system temps a tiny bit :-)

8 hours ago, pmos said:

But even if they are fine, am I doing the airflow correctly in this machine? :-) Because if i'm not, then I can improve system temps a tiny bit :-)

It's fine.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, pmos said:

Äir cooling can only do so much. You would need better coolers on CPU and GPU to improve those temps. And still it wouldn't be worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv