Premiere Pro Laptop

Hi Everyone, this post is just a resubmission of my last topic. I didnt make things clear enough and in result, didn't find the exact answer I was looking for. I need a recommendation of a laptop that will be using premiere pro, after effects, lightroom and photoshop. The budget is an absolute maximum of $3800. The most important part of this laptop is that it needs to have a 4k colour accurate display, I would like it to have 32gb ram, 500gb of m.2 storage, a gtx 1060 or 1070 and i7 7700hq. The currency is Australian Dollars and battery isn't a priority because it is going to be used more as a portable workstation. The colour accurate screen is essential and thanks for your time. Also external gpus is not an option. A laptop I was looking at is linked below but im not sure how accurate the screen is.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/gigabyte-p35x-v7-156-uhd-gaming-notebook-i7-32gb-512gb-1tb-gtx1070-win-10-ab94868

Surface Book 2 is set to release soon and specs are on par for what you're asking about.

Dell p7510(or p5510 for

Thinkpad p70(or p50 for 15 in)

You also have goodies like ecc ifyou want them

And much better screens, and there built better than any gaming laptops. And they have docking stations.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what about aero 14

Doesnt have a 4k display and only 16gb ram.

8 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Surface Book 2 is set to release soon and specs are on par for what you're asking about.

Has to be bought tomorrow, cant wait till release. It's for a studio and it's not my money.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Dell p7510(or p5510 for

Thinkpad p70(or p50 for 15 in)

You also have goodies like ecc ifyou want them

And much better screens, and there built better than any gaming laptops. And they have docking stations.

Are there any that include a 1060 or 1070

2 minutes ago, chris76816 said:

Has to be bought tomorrow, cant wait till release. It's for a studio and it's not my money.

Are you talking received tomorrow or purchased tomorrow?

I would go buy like lenovo 710 (Light weight and have discrete GPU) (1300 AUD) and spend rest on a desktop. If really want combo, i would wait for for new surface book 2, you don't really anything above 1050ti for video editing, i had no trouble editing 1080p upscale to 4k footage on my Lenovo 710, but it does get loud.  

Magical Pineapples

Just now, Evanair said:

Are you talking received tomorrow or purchased tomorrow?

Purchased tomorrow.

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

I would go buy like lenovo 710 (Light weight and have discrete GPU) (1300 AUD) and spend rest on a desktop. If really want combo, i would wait for for new surface book 2, you don't really anything above 1050ti for video editing, i had no trouble editing 1080p upscale to 4k footage on my Lenovo 710, but it does get loud.  

The studio has 6 desktops and we need that money to be spent on a powerful laptop as the stupid macbook pro's everyone has are junk.

1 minute ago, chris76816 said:

The studio has 6 desktops and we need that money to be spent on a powerful laptop as the stupid macbook pro's everyone has are junk.

Well are you going to work from home? or like outside? 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Well are you going to work from home? or like outside? 

It's not for me but they will be using it in the studio when all desktops are occupied and when they go home so that they can edit. Doesn't have to have an amazing battery because most of the time, it will be plugged into power anyway.

You just said currency is Australian, not that it had to be from an Australian company.

1 minute ago, chris76816 said:

It's not for me but they will be using it in the studio when all desktops are occupied and when they go home so that they can edit. Doesn't have to have an amazing battery because most of the time, it will be plugged into power anyway.

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b192/Metabox-Prime-X-P750DM2-G-Laptop

Magical Pineapples

Just now, Evanair said:

You just said currency is Australian, not that it had to be from an Australian company.

By that, I also mean needs to be in Australia because the laptop is kind of urgent.

4 hours ago, chris76816 said:

Is that laptops screen colour accurate?

Not too sure, as they don't exact panel model. You should call up they support and ask them. 

Magical Pineapples

5 hours ago, chris76816 said:

Is that laptops screen colour accurate?

10 hours ago, Pendragon said:

17in screens are the most color accurate. So. I'd say this. http://www.metabox.com.au/store/Prime-Range Grab the P670HS in whatever config. 

Then grab this panel: http://www.panelook.com/B173ZAN01.0_AUO_17.3_LCM_parameter_25358.html

And replace it yourself. That panel is currently the best 17in panel in the world hands down with the best color accuracy. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/swapped-ugly-qhd-to-an-awesome-uhd-display-alienware-r4-tutorial.800153/

^ this guy replaced the screen for his AW17R4. 

Okay. I listed the best option for you. But since it seems like you need it urgently you might not have the luxury of spending time and buying the monitor separately and DIYing it yourself. 

6 hours ago, chris76816 said:

Straight up, this is a bad laptop. Screen isn't outright shit. But thing will overheat and kill itself. The panel is a SHP144E. Which is meh for the 15in segment but if you're a professional company nowhere near good enough. The best 15in screen the Sharp LQ156D1JW04 SHP1436 is slightly better. Both of these panels are 90% sRGB and only about 60% aRBG. The SHP144E is pretty bad in contrast with about 500:1 and high black levels at 0.6 whereas the latter is 800:1 and 0.4. 

the better sharp monitor may be found in Clevos but unforunately Metabox doesn't have them so rip.

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b214/Metabox-Prime-P650HS-G-Laptop

^ call them and ask for the specification on this model's 4k panel. If it's the Sharp LQ156D1JW04 grab it. If it's the Samsung PLS LTN156FL02 avoid it.

tl;dr 15in monitors are shit for color work. (XPS15 actually has the best 15in for color but it's an XPS15 exclusive)

And like I mentioned before, the best monitor for color in the laptop world is the 17in AUO B173ZAN01.0.

100% sRBB, 90% aRBG, 1400:1 contrast, 0.25 black levels. the best laptop screen currently available. 

It's currently on the Acer Predator 17 and Alienware 17 R4. Both which are easily found in Australia. 

Again, you should call metabox and ask for the screen model for this

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b190/Metabox-Prime-X-P775DM2-G-Laptop.

And if it can be transplanted onto the P670HS. So again call to ask for specification. If it's this particular screen then it's a good one. 

All retailers will charge you about a 600 us dollar premium on this particular 4k screen because fuck you consumers, and the method of acquiring it yourself is about 150 dollars. If you don't have the time and need the convience, but all means just get it on the Acer Pred or AW17, but the best value for money and laptop is getting the P670HS and ebaying the screen yourself. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

To add, if you're going to transplant the B156ZAN01 into the Clevo, I believe you will need to replace the display cable as well, unless it already comes with the QHD rather than FHD screen. The QHD resolutions and up use 40 pins, 1080p uses 30 pins.

Also the Gigabyte P35x display is true 4K at least, so it's got that going for it. In many ways a better display than the PenTile not-true-3840x2160 Samsung/LG displays most Clevo sellers use (for 15.6" not 17.3") I would say, however other versions of that Sharp display have better contrast and less-grainy matte finishes. The color gamut is close to full sRGB, however many of the other 4K displays have better color gamuts. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P35X-v5-Notebook-Review.158948.0.html#c2192244

And everything I've heard about the cooling in that laptop is that it's not good.

EDIT: To add, the MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro 4K, in case you come across that in your searches, is also PenTile not-true-4K. I'd avoid that model too.

8 hours ago, Pendragon said:

Okay. I listed the best option for you. But since it seems like you need it urgently you might not have the luxury of spending time and buying the monitor separately and DIYing it yourself. 

Straight up, this is a bad laptop. Screen isn't outright shit. But thing will overheat and kill itself. The panel is a SHP144E. Which is meh for the 15in segment but if you're a professional company nowhere near good enough. The best 15in screen the Sharp LQ156D1JW04 SHP1436 is slightly better. Both of these panels are 90% sRGB and only about 60% aRBG. The SHP144E is pretty bad in contrast with about 500:1 and high black levels at 0.6 whereas the latter is 800:1 and 0.4. 

the better sharp monitor may be found in Clevos but unforunately Metabox doesn't have them so rip.

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b214/Metabox-Prime-P650HS-G-Laptop

^ call them and ask for the specification on this model's 4k panel. If it's the Sharp LQ156D1JW04 grab it. If it's the Samsung PLS LTN156FL02 avoid it.

tl;dr 15in monitors are shit for color work. (XPS15 actually has the best 15in for color but it's an XPS15 exclusive)

And like I mentioned before, the best monitor for color in the laptop world is the 17in AUO B173ZAN01.0.

100% sRBB, 90% aRBG, 1400:1 contrast, 0.25 black levels. the best laptop screen currently available. 

It's currently on the Acer Predator 17 and Alienware 17 R4. Both which are easily found in Australia. 

Again, you should call metabox and ask for the screen model for this

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b190/Metabox-Prime-X-P775DM2-G-Laptop.

And if it can be transplanted onto the P670HS. So again call to ask for specification. If it's this particular screen then it's a good one. 

All retailers will charge you about a 600 us dollar premium on this particular 4k screen because fuck you consumers, and the method of acquiring it yourself is about 150 dollars. If you don't have the time and need the convience, but all means just get it on the Acer Pred or AW17, but the best value for money and laptop is getting the P670HS and ebaying the screen yourself. 

I rang up metabolism and they told me at no additional cost with the laptop I configure. If I chose the 4k option. They can customize replace the screen to a sharp display that is colour accurate at no additional cost so u think that is probably the best option. Thanks so kuchen for your help.

Metabox will give you the Sharp display if you ask? That's fantastic to know! Probably going to end up suggesting to more people that they do that.

1 hour ago, chris76816 said:

I rang up metabolism and they told me at no additional cost with the laptop I configure. If I chose the 4k option. They can customize replace the screen to a sharp display that is colour accurate at no additional cost so u think that is probably the best option. Thanks so kuchen for your help.

Is this the 15in? Please link the Sharp display model. There are several variations. The reason I ask because, with the Sharp moniter GSync is disabled because it never was given GSync verification. 

And I HIGHLY recommend the 17in AUO 4k screen instead. It's MUCH MUCH better. That one is only the best 15in screen. Whereas the 17in AUO one is tier 1. Link me to a few of Australian sites and I'll see if I can find you a laptop with that screen. It's current only on the Acer Predator 17 and Alienware 17 R4. Alienware you can just get on Dell AUS configurator. I was hoping that Metabox would have that screen available for it's P670HS. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p