I really don't know anything about air coolers

leg bouncer

So yeah, pretty much the title, I need to buy a brand new cooler for my PC because I accidentally broke the stock one.

I'm running an Intel Core i5-7400 CPU and 16GB HyperX Fury Black RAM(8GB x2) on a Gigabyte B250-DS3H motherboard. I do casual gaming (Overwatch, LoL, etc.) and do use CAD and rendering software. My CPU temp has never been higher than 65° I think (I use HWMonitor to check on the temps while doing "heavy" tasks).

I don't really have a planned budget but if I can keep it under $100 it would be awesome. Also, looks kinda matter. 

Thanks in advance.

You don't need anything special for cooling on a locked (non K cpu)

Get yourself BeQuite Dark Rock or Pure Rock, they are really quite and cheap

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You don't need anything special for cooling on a locked (non K cpu)

Get yourself BeQuite Dark Rock or Pure Rock, they are really quite and cheap

Will look into it, thanks!

Air coolers utilize a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, argon, neon, carbon, and helium. Luckily the presence of dihydrogen monoxide turns your air cooler into the mythical water cooler.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Air coolers utilize a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, argon, neon, carbon, and helium. Luckily the presence of dihydrogen monoxide turns your air cooler into the mythical water cooler.

Hehe. Any suggestions then? what I meant is that I don't know much about the best brands or the brands with the best quality and price.

Just now, kettu said:

Hehe. Any suggestions then? what I meant is that I don't know much about the best brands or the brands with the best quality and price.

be quiet! and Deepcool are my go-to brands. @deXxterlab97 gave good suggestions.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

49 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

be quiet! and Deepcool are my go-to brands. @deXxterlab97 gave good suggestions.

Forgot to mention: even better I think they started doing fulfillment by Amazon at some point.    So that makes getting Cryorig stuff easier than ever.  ?

Of course Newegg is also a good option for those that prefer them over Amazon.  

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Forgot to mention: even better I think they started doing fulfillment by Amazon at some point.    So that makes getting Cryorig stuff easier than ever.  ?

Of course Newegg is also a good option for those that prefer them over Amazon.  

thank you! I've actually looked in to Cryorig stuff and the style is really nice, so I might go with it if I don't like the bequiet or deepcool :)

3 minutes ago, kettu said:

thank you! I've actually looked in to Cryorig stuff and the style is really nice, so I might go with it if I don't like the bequiet or deepcool :)

Sounds good.    If you do get Cryorig a C7 is a nice option if you want a very easy install.  It comes with plastic washers that you can use so it can be installed with no backplate.  

Though other Cryorig stuff is probably good too.  I've only used a C7 and H7 myself though.  

Definitely check out all three brands.  Having plenty of models to choose from is a good idea.  Better chance to find multiple options you really like.  ?

41 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What about Cryorig?    I've used a C7 and now a H7 of their's and love them.  

C7 is really good and has a slim form factor

| i5 7500 CPU | GTX 1070 GPU | 16gb RAM | Node 304 Case | MSI B250i Mobo | 2TB 7200RPM HDD | DARK ROCK TF Cooler |

450W 80+ Gold PSU | 2560x1080 75hz Monitor | K65 LUX RGB Keyboard | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Mamba Tournament Mouse |

1 minute ago, Asvarden said:

C7 is really good and has a slim form factor

Yeah.  Main reason I switched to an H7 is I wanted to make my computer a bit quieter.  

My C7 was very nice though.  

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Yeah.  Main reason I switched to an H7 is I wanted to make my computer a bit quieter.  

My C7 was very nice though.  

Yeah H7 is not bad at all, do you know if cryorig has any case fans? I'm doing my own modified version of the LTT desk pc and I need some for 2 360 radiators

| i5 7500 CPU | GTX 1070 GPU | 16gb RAM | Node 304 Case | MSI B250i Mobo | 2TB 7200RPM HDD | DARK ROCK TF Cooler |

450W 80+ Gold PSU | 2560x1080 75hz Monitor | K65 LUX RGB Keyboard | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Mamba Tournament Mouse |

11 hours ago, Asvarden said:

Yeah H7 is not bad at all, do you know if cryorig has any case fans? I'm doing my own modified version of the LTT desk pc and I need some for 2 360 radiators

I think so.  Though idk if Cryorig fans are better than other brands.  

Noctua seems to be a go-to brand for quiet fans if that's your goal.  

For radiators I'm not sure...  Sorry, I've never used a radiator.  

You our could look at corsair ML120 fans.  I think they're supposed to be decent for both airflow and static pressure.  

At least that's what corsair says.  I like the ones I'm using for normal case fans.  

If you need help with fans for radiators I'd suggest making a topic in a section for water cooling.  I'm sure there's people who know a lot more than I do about rad fans.   

Your temps are perfectly fine. Why not stick with your current cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 21/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, kettu said:

So yeah, pretty much the title, I need to buy a brand new cooler for my PC because I accidentally broke the stock one.

If you want any more details, I installed the stock cooler in a way that the cable didn't reach the cpu fan header (this is my first ever pc build and didn't notice it until it was too late lol) so I took it apart and then it fell from the desk I was working in while I was cleaning the thermal paste to apply a new one and it just stopped working after that. I have the worst luck lol.

15 hours ago, kettu said:

If you want any more details, I installed the stock cooler in a way that the cable didn't reach the cpu fan header (this is my first ever pc build and didn't notice it until it was too late lol) so I took it apart and then it fell from the desk I was working in while I was cleaning the thermal paste to apply a new one and it just stopped working after that. I have the worst luck lol.

Get something like a GAMMAXX 300 or a Hyper T2. They are about the same price with very similar performance and should work just fine for what you need.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:32 AM, kettu said:

I'm running an Intel Core i5-7400 CPU and 16GB HyperX Fury Black RAM(8GB x2) on a Gigabyte B250-DS3H motherboard. I do casual gaming (Overwatch, LoL, etc.) and do use CAD and rendering software. My CPU temp has never been higher than 65° I think (I use HWMonitor to check on the temps while doing "heavy" tasks).

I don't really have a planned budget but if I can keep it under $100 it would be awesome. Also, looks kinda matter. 

Thanks in advance.

As WoodenMarker mentioned, your temperatures appear fine. May I ask, is there any reason in particular as to why you may wish to replace of your current CPU Cooler?  What exactly is broken may I question?

I, personally, use of one of DeepCool's Captain 120EX All in One Liquid CPU Cooler, as upmost certainly it is likely the most high performance CPU Cooler below the price of £100 for a 120mm size Radiator. Spectacular visuals as well.

If you so desire of a new CPU Cooler, a most poplar choice would be a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Noctua are also great choices for "Air" cooling.

Best of luck!

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

16 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

As WoodenMarker mentioned, your temperatures appear fine. May I ask, is there any reason in particular as to why you may wish to replace of your current CPU Cooler?  What exactly is broken may I question?

I, personally, use of one of DeepCool's Captain 120EX All in One Liquid CPU Cooler, as upmost certainly it is likely the most high performance CPU Cooler below the price of £100 for a 120mm size Radiator. Spectacular visuals as well.

If you so desire of a new CPU Cooler, a most poplar choice would be a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Noctua are also great choices for "Air" cooling.

Best of luck!

On 22/03/2017 at 4:32 AM, kettu said:

Thanks in advance.

The cooler mentioned above is a good one I use it as well. 

Basically anything is better then the stock cooler. Just look at the price of the names mentioned in this topic. Pick one and check it it fits in your case. 

You will be fine.