[Overclocking] Successfully overclocked Laptop monitor to 97hz lol

First things first, 
I have no idea if I posted this in the right section, as to the fact that I didn't find a section for monitor overclocking.

Like the title says, it's possible, if you dream big lol.
This is IN CASE you didn't know/or was not posted here before. (didn't find anything)

Intel has released their probably "last" driver for some certain CPU's, which has finally unlocked their EDID:

Spoiler

Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)

Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)

Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)

Intel® Celeron® Processor 2955U (2M Cache, 1.40 GHz)

• If you have ANY of the above CPU, then congrats, because even if it's a laptop, you can start experimenting with your screen's refresh rate.

And, if, and only if, by any chance you get the ITD working (doesn't work for everybody, even if it states it's compatible): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26504/
It might also work for you. (In case your cpu isn't on the list above)

Software & Instructions on how to use it are here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! (It should be not be a big one, because I have a couple of ppl using custom high refresh rates, and it's been months and their fine.)

Some proof:

Spoiler

vLMh46W.jpg

GkCHJrE.jpge3AznPR.jpg

I've heard some masters of virginity on the internet forced a HP laptop to 180hz without frameskipping. But I think, this is also an achievement.
Btw, I had no frameskipping, and absolutely no motion blur or ghosting. 

EDIT: Laptop model: Lenovo G50-80

EDIT2: If anyone needs some settings example, you can have a look on mine:

Spoiler

A9XDIAz.png

I'am a software developer (C/C++/Javscript etc.)
I'am not very familiar with some of these settings, because I don't know them, and not a monitor wizard.

So if there is a wizard among us, you could give me some pointers on adjusting the settings, maybe I could pull more hz, who knows.
And if anyone needs some help in their programming projects, or have some questions, feel free to PM me ;)

-Chris

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Please put all the CPUs in a spoiler tag.

Whops, forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

Just now, SubSpecs said:

and maybe pictures too

4 minutes ago, SubSpecs said:

Intel has released their probably "last" driver for some certain CPU's, which has finally unlocked their EDID:

What is EDID?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, SubSpecs said:

Woah, that 180hz guy was insane. My guess as to why it got that crazy high is because there's absolutely nothing there that bottlenecks it, like so often happens when using a desktop monitor. I want to try this now!

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

What is EDID?

Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card or set-top box). It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kinds of monitors are connected to it.

A bit more info: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Just now, SubSpecs said:

Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source (e.g. graphics card or set-top box). It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kinds of monitors are connected to it.

A bit more info: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

so should I try to overclock my monitor now? I've tried in the past and it didn't work well.

I have a 4770K

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

so should I try to overclock my monitor now? I've tried in the past and it didn't work well.

I have a 4770K

Not on desktop. The most I ever got out of one was an extra 1hz, except for a dell I had that did 75 instead of 60, except that panel was designed for 75 just not the controller.

Just now, RGProductions said:

Not on desktop. The most I ever got out of one was an extra 1hz, except for a dell I had that did 75 instead of 60, except that panel was designed for 75 just not the controller.

ah ok.

Desktop:

Laptop:

I need to try this on an old C2D thing I have. I always felt like that panel could go higher.

does this mean my igpu can now run 4k 60fps? :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

14 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

I need to try this on an old C2D thing I have. I always felt like that panel could go higher.

I tried overclocking my monitor with a i7 4790k, nothing worked above 60. Not even 61hz. I don't know if it's me who did it wrong, or if that's the limit.

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

25 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

The funny thing is, I have an old laptop laying around (Acer Aspire 3000), and that thing can do 120hz WITHOUT even overclocking lol
I could try to see what can I get, but whats the point if that thing cant even reach 60fps in, well... basically anything lol

30 minutes ago, themctipers said:

does this mean my igpu can now run 4k 60fps? :P 

Well, if your laptop supports it (and I do mean the resolution), then what the heck, try it!

If it's a desktop however, I think there is a pretty low chance (but still a chance) that it might work.

1 minute ago, SubSpecs said:

Well, if your laptop supports it (and I do mean the resolution), then what the heck, try it!

If it's a desktop however, I think there is a pretty low chance (but still a chance) that it might work.

haha, desktop.. :/ 

it will do 1440p 60hz but not 4k 60hz, making it unusable for me for my daily chrome workloads

yes, i use gtx 1070 for chrome only and folding

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.