Mouse, Keyboard and else freezing

Hello, first of all I didnt know where to put this question the best. I put it here because I thought the problem is my mainboard.

Lets get started:

So all glitching and freezing started about 6 weeks ago. My mouse randomly freezes frequently (5-10 Minutes and It sometimes takes minutes to work again) which makes competetive games almost impossible. Imagine face to face to your enemy jumping around with a frozen mouse and angry teammates yelling at you to kill the guy. Sucks. Also, my ethernet adapter (I think) just refused to work 3-4 times. It said I was connect to our homenetwork but had no access to the internet (I tried to ping google, use google chrome etc...). Also, my keboard went ham earlier today and once already. It kinda looked like the LED's in my keyboard had a rave party and the keyboard itself did not work. Once also my monitor didnt work. So I've got a few predictions on what could be the cause: 1. My mainboard (I have a ASRock B85 Pro4 Intel B85) I dont know, maybe the connectors to the ports itself dont work. 2. The case itself I cant really imagine what would be the cases fault but its not impossible. 3. A virus. I dont really think I have any kind of trojan. I scanned a few times with Avast, Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner and booted in safe mode. The mouse was still freezing in safe mode but it was diffrent then the usual freeze. It was more like lagging, like frequent short (half a second) freezes. 4. The keyboard, mouse etc theirselves are broken. That is a possibility but it would be weird.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have an USB mixer for my microphone plugged in and this works just fine. What I also forgot was that I already tried other ports. Didnt work.

6 minutes ago, zyl said:

Hello, first of all I didnt know where to put this question the best. I put it here because I thought the problem is my mainboard.

I suggest the troubleshooting section ;) 

There are too many things that can produce these symptoms, both hardware and software related, so you will have to patiently discard them.

A possible first step: when booting in safe mode, open task manager, go to processes tab, and tick the "show processes by all users". Sort by cpu usage: system idle process should be at the top, but watch out for anything taking second place with more than 1-2%, either constantly or repeatedly (many processes will use the CPU at boot, but this should eventually subside).
Especially take note if the "system" process shows up too frequently up there, as it could indicate a driver issue (unresponsive mouse cursor could simply be unresponsive computer). I've seen this exact problem in an Asus board: it was caused by "Xfast LAN" (residue of an ASRock motherboard installation - this, kids, is why you clean-install your OS :P) somehow messing the network card driver. Uninstalling it solved the problem.

Another possibility: are all your peripherals plugged directly to the motherboard or do you have any hub in between? How many USB peripherals do you have simultaneously plugged in? It could be a power delivery issue.

Also, when checking different ports, did you tried ports in different controllers (if you have more than one controller, that is)? You can check in the device manager for potential multiple USB controllers (one could be failing while the other works).

Do you hear the USB plugged-in / plugged-off sounds at any point around this transitory freezes? (The same Asus board also gives me this constant plugged/unplugged noises, although the peripherals work well on a different PC - still on my way to isolate the problem).

15 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I suggest the troubleshooting section ;) 

There are too many things that can produce these symptoms, both hardware and software related, so you will have to patiently discard them.

A possible first step: when booting in safe mode, open task manager, go to processes tab, and tick the "show processes by all users". Sort by cpu usage: system idle process should be at the top, but watch out for anything taking second place with more than 1-2%, either constantly or repeatedly (many processes will use the CPU at boot, but this should eventually subside).
Especially take note if the "system" process shows up too frequently up there, as it could indicate a driver issue (unresponsive mouse cursor could simply be unresponsive computer). I've seen this exact problem in an Asus board: it was caused by "Xfast LAN" (residue of an ASRock motherboard installation - this, kids, is why you clean-install your OS :P) somehow messing the network card driver. Uninstalling it solved the problem.

Another possibility: are all your peripherals plugged directly to the motherboard or do you have any hub in between? How many USB peripherals do you have simultaneously plugged in? It could be a power delivery issue.

Also, when checking different ports, did you tried ports in different controllers (if you have more than one controller, that is)? You can check in the device manager for potential multiple USB controllers (one could be failing while the other works).

Do you hear the USB plugged-in / plugged-off sounds at any point around this transitory freezes? (The same Asus board also gives me this constant plugged/unplugged noises, although the peripherals work well on a different PC - still on my way to isolate the problem).

I have 4 USB device plugged in at once. A mouse, a keyboar, my mixer and a midi controller as power supply I have a br quiet! Pure power L8

22 hours ago, zyl said:

Lets get started:

So all glitching and freezing started about 6 weeks ago. My mouse randomly freezes frequently (5-10 Minutes and It sometimes takes minutes to work again) which makes competetive games almost impossible. Imagine face to face to your enemy jumping around with a frozen mouse and angry teammates yelling at you to kill the guy. Sucks. Also, my ethernet adapter (I think) just refused to work 3-4 times. It said I was connect to our homenetwork but had no access to the internet (I tried to ping google, use google chrome etc...). Also, my keboard went ham earlier today and once already. It kinda looked like the LED's in my keyboard had a rave party and the keyboard itself did not work. Once also my monitor didnt work. So I've got a few predictions on what could be the cause: 1. My mainboard (I have a ASRock B85 Pro4 Intel B85) I dont know, maybe the connectors to the ports itself dont work. 2. The case itself I cant really imagine what would be the cases fault but its not impossible. 3. A virus. I dont really think I have any kind of trojan. I scanned a few times with Avast, Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner and booted in safe mode. The mouse was still freezing in safe mode but it was diffrent then the usual freeze. It was more like lagging, like frequent short (half a second) freezes. 4. The keyboard, mouse etc theirselves are broken. That is a possibility but it would be weird.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have an USB mixer for my microphone plugged in and this works just fine. What I also forgot was that I already tried other ports. Didnt work.

I had a similar issue not too long ago. After some troubleshooting it turned out my motherboard was slowly on its way out, ended a few weeks later when it wouldn't even boot to bios anymore. But this started as sometimes the mouse being unresponsive, keyboard not lighting up and external usb HDD losing connection etc.  

Try booting in safe mode, check if there are any issues.

Is the keyboard or mouse becoming unresponsive in bios? That can help eliminate an os issue. 

Strip the pc to bare essentials (cpu, motherboard, one stick of RAM and essential peripherals; Mouse, keyboard only) Just to make sure no other devices are conflicting.

Cant see it being a PSU issue but you never know...

Luckily my i5 was 3rd gen with a simple motherboard so I just took it as a opportunity to upgrade to newer components. 

System

• CPU
    i5- 7500
  • RAM
    16GB DDR4 Crucial Balistix Sport
  • GPU
    MSI 980TI 6GB gaming edition
  • Case
    NZXT
  • PSU
    Corsair cm600x
  • Cooling