Eurocom tornado f5 student discount 20%?

Hi! I'm considering this eurocom tornado f5. Do you know it? Do you know when new gpu nvidia quadro p3000 will be available? there is a temporary student discont 20%

Spoiler

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

what usecase?

Thanks for your answer! I'm an engineer. I will use this laptop for fem, cfd, cad3d, cam/cae and rendering

Spoiler

Just now, sicily428 said:

Thanks for your answer! I'm an engineer. I will use this laptop for fem, cfd, cad3d, cam/cae and rendering

cool me too, it seems like a good solution if you travel. i suggest you have a desktop and laptop solution if you don't trave a lot. 

I'm also considering a lightweight dell latitude e5480 or a dell latitude e5580 for travelling and i could use an egpu nvidia quadro m4000 or p4000 at the office

Spoiler

2 hours ago, sicily428 said:

Hi! I'm considering this eurocom tornado f5. Do you know it? Do you know when new gpu nvidia quadro p3000 will be available? there is a temporary student discont 20%

Ohhhhhhhhhh, you really want to consider your company paying for the MXM Quadros. Those things are HUGELY expensive. Like insane. Otherwise, it's a solid laptop. But more importantly I flat out don't think nvidia is offering Pascal MXM cards at all. And third party retailers like Clevo and MSI will not make them due to too small of a demand. Pascal Mobile cards will only be availible in the likes of Dell Precsion 7720, Thinkpad P71, HP Zbook 17 G4. 

1 hour ago, sicily428 said:

lightweight dell latitude e5480

I think I forgot to suggest to you getting an AW13 R3. AW's eGPU solution is far better than TB3 and I really wouldn't suggest trying to run professional workloads via tb3 enclosures. You'll want the direct PCIE out like the Alienware Graphics Adapter and MSI GS30 Shadow PCIE direct out case. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

1 minute ago, Pendragon said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh, you really want to consider your company paying for the MXM Quadros. Those things are HUGELY expensive. Like insane. Otherwise, it's a solid laptop. But more importantly I flat out don't think nvidia is offering Pascal MXM cards at all. And third party retailers like Clevo and MSI will not make them due to too small of a demand. Pascal Mobile cards will only be availible in the likes of Dell Precsion 7720, Thinkpad P71, HP Zbook 17 G4. 

I think I forgot to suggest to you getting an AW13 R3. AW's eGPU solution is far better than TB3 and I really wouldn't suggest trying to run professional workloads via tb3 enclosures. You'll want the direct PCIE out like the Alienware Graphics Adapter and MSI GS30 Shadow PCIE direct out case. 

yes i know that quadros are very expensive but some software work better with them. :(

at the moment i like very much msi ws63 with nvidia quadro p3000 (i don't know if gpu is solered) but it is really expensive.

if i take a 3kg laptop i prefer a desktop cpu for fem/cfd and for this reason i asked to eurocom/xmg/obsidian for p751dm2-g/msi 16L13 with p3000 in mxm version.

alienware egpu is pcie? really? great! :) this could be the solution! thanks

Spoiler

1 minute ago, sicily428 said:

yes i know that quadros are very expensive but some software work better with them.:(

Yea. If you know what you're asking for, then its for you LOL. People come in here asking "do I need a Quadro?" and my general response is if you need to ask you don't need one. 

2 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

at the moment i like very much msi ws63 with nvidia quadro p3000 (i don't know if gpu is solered) but it is really expensive.

GPU is soldered.

if i take a 3kg laptop i prefer a desktop cpu for fem/cfd and for this reason i asked to eurocom/xmg/obsidian for p751dm2-g/msi 16L13 with p3000 in mxm version.

Like I mentioned, I don't think there will be Pascal Quadro MXM cards at all. nVidia simply doesn't support or make MXM cards anymore. So I think this option is dead.

@D2ultima @Galm Opinions on MXM?

3 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

alienware egpu is pcie? really? great! :) this could be the solution! thanks

Yea. Let me be completely honest. I have one. It came in the worse internal condition it could. CPU would overheat, core temps are different. Basically a whole bunch of shit. When you try to fix it, the process was a fucking nightmare because Alienware designs internals like dumbasses. Basically you need to disassemble the WHOLE thing before you can do anything to it. You need to repaste and rebend the entire heatsink array to get a proper fit and I still haven't liquid metaled it because I dont have time for the 2-3 hour ordeal of taking it apart and the extra 5 hours needed to test it to make sure it's properly aligned and everything. Right now it's just running Gelid and bent properly so temps are fine. Not great but fine. So basically, AW claims they have fixed it but that is entirely not true. Some units still come fucked on arrival so there's 3 options at this point.

a) RMA it

b) send it to iunlock or mobius for a fix (you need to ask them on NBR for a price quote)

c) fix it yourself

Otherwise I do think the AW13 might be a decent selection for you if you intended to eGPU. 

Laptop Main

1 minute ago, Pendragon said:

Yea. If you know what you're asking for, then its for you LOL. People come in here asking "do I need a Quadro?" and my general response is if you need to ask you don't need one. 

GPU is soldered.

Like I mentioned, I don't think there will be Pascal Quadro MXM cards at all. nVidia simply doesn't support or make MXM cards anymore. So I think this option is dead.

@D2ultima @Galm Opinions on MXM?

Yea. Let me be completely honest. I have one. It came in the worse internal condition it could. CPU would overheat, core temps are different. Basically a whole bunch of shit. When you try to fix it, the process was a fucking nightmare because Alienware designs internals like dumbasses. Basically you need to disassemble the WHOLE thing before you can do anything to it. You need to repaste and rebend the entire heatsink array to get a proper fit and I still haven't liquid metaled it because I dont have time for the 2-3 hour ordeal of taking it apart and the extra 5 hours needed to test it to make sure it's properly aligned and everything. Right now it's just running Gelid and bent properly so temps are fine. Not great but fine. So basically, AW claims they have fixed it but that is entirely not true. Some units still come fucked on arrival so there's 3 options at this point.

a) RMA it

b) send it to iunlock or mobius for a fix (you need to ask them on NBR for a price quote)

c) fix it yourself

Otherwise I do think the AW13 might be a decent selection for you if you intended to eGPU. 

i'm sure that geforce pascal gpu, in mxm form factor, are just available for clevo/msi barebones.

why alienware doesn't pay attention? i can repaste without problems :)

Spoiler

Just now, sicily428 said:

i'm sure that geforce pascal gpu, in mxm form factor, are just available for clevo/msi barebones.

You need to read what I type. Pascal Quadro MXMs are not available. Because nvidia doesn't make them. Pascal GeForce MXM are available. Not because nVidia makes them, but because Clevo and MSI poured buckets of money into developing their own. 

i can repaste without problems :)

Repasting is the easy part. Taking it apart is a fucking nightmare. 

Laptop Main

As far as I know, Quadro exists in MXM. It's in MXM-B as well. But they're pretty TDP limited and stuff.

Clevo and MSI paid R&D to make these out of their own pocket. They are not MXM-B nor any design of nViida's. If they did not do this, we would have no socketed mobile pascal cards. Period.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just now, Pendragon said:

You need to read what I type. Pascal Quadro MXMs are not available. Because nvidia doesn't make them. Pascal GeForce MXM are available. Not because nVidia makes them, but because Clevo and MSI poured buckets of money into developing their own. 

Repasting is the easy part. Taking it apart is a fucking nightmare. 

sorry, you are right :)

Spoiler