New PC build in over 10 years (updated 5/3/17)

first time using RGB or water cooling and SSD drives .. so please be gentle and shoot me some idea's to improve the build but keeping the price under $3000.

Updated list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jRjj7h

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor]
**CPU Cooler** | [NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler]
**Motherboard** | [Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory]
**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory]
**Storage** | [Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card
**Case** | [NZXT S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case]
**Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]
**Monitor** | [Samsung LC24FG70FQNXZA 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor
**Monitor** | [Samsung LC24FG70FQNXZA 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor]
**Keyboard** | [Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard]
**Mouse** | [Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse]
**Speakers** | [Creative Labs Sound BlasterX Katana 0W 2.1ch Speakers]
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$2752.68**

Still subject to change but here is what i got so far

1- What is this for?

2- Do you really think that you need a 500$ 16Gbs of RAM? Theres plenty good rgb ram under 200.

2.1- Whats the CL of the memory?

Edit: Just checked CL19, not worth, theres not a noticeable difference for the price. But 3000MHz CL17, It will do just great.

3- There are plenty of other options of 1TB SATA SSD (like the 850 evo)

Just now, Conaris said:

Check that in Pcpartspicker.. to check compability 

Rest everything is sick dude, good to go (At least the CPU,GPU,MoBo for me) 

-- BSOD : ( --

Just now, Maxinfamily said:

What is this for? Do you really think that you need a 500$ 16Gbs of RAM? Theres plenty good rgb ram under 200.

But the frequency is amazing..

-- BSOD : ( --

Is this $3000 USD ? Are you located in the USA as well ?

3 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

The CL is what makes the difference. Check this out: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency

Besides, he wont get a worth performance boost for a 300$ difference, more than the double of the price. Thats crazy IMO.

3 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Too bad he won't really be able to tell that he even has it in most applications...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

37 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

The CL is amazing.. 14 to 19 CAS Latency.

CL19, just checked. Those figures are just to sell you the memory. Check the difference between 3000MHz CL17 and 4133MHz CL19. Its almost non existence, he should invest those 300$ in a 1080ti (as @Light-Yagami suggested) and a better monitor, and stuff. Dont waste the money in that ram. 

Edit: he can easily save arround 500$ in the system just by buying another SATA SSD (like the 850 evo) , and another pair of rgb RAM (about 200$).  Then he can also not buy the "RGB Smart Controller" since the ASUS mobo he selected supports Aura, as far as I know, so he doesnt need that (I think that every rgb component has to support It in order to controll your lightning with Aura, check the compatibility)

Then he can invest It in a good high refresh rate 1440p monitor (well, he will need some more if he wants It to be IPS and have G-Sync).

Edit2: I want to emphasize on what I mentioned about Aura before, because I AM NOT SURE about how It really works. I havent used yet, neither read much about It, so if anyone knows how It works and what It needs to work, please, share that knowledge :)

Edit3: Ive done some digging and heres what I found:

A LTT topic from last year which has a video linked explaining the RBG sync with aura:

And heres another article about aura and the sync with explicative videos:

http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/10/11/aura-rgb-lighting/

Edit 4: You can also get just the windows key and do the bootable device yourself with this tool (its official and Its provided and supported by MS) https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10#34de222e-6944-44aa-8f45-8e96988880a4 so you will save some bucks more.

So cases s340 elite or keep phanteks anyone used both of them?

1 minute ago, Conaris said:

So cases s340 elite or keep phanteks anyone used both of them?

No idea about those cases, look for reviews or wait for opinions of actual user who have them.

well i don't plan on overclocking should i stay water cooled just in case i change my mind?

3 minutes ago, Conaris said:

well i don't plan on overclocking should i stay water cooled just in case i change my mind?

If you ever plan on overclocking, I would keep the AIO cooler or buy a high end air cooler like the Dark Rock Pro 3 (if it fits the case).

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

8 hours ago, Conaris said:

Go with a cheap air cooler such as the Cryorig H7. It will still allow you to overclock in the future if you change your mind.

What is the pc being used for ? As 32GB Ram is a bit OTT for most people.

Gaming mostly but i multi task like crazy my old PC gets lack of memory onc ein a blue moon  so i'm doing over kill on the memory

So using the s340 elite thinking of doing a push pull radiator setup and then having two exhaust one of the top one in the back.  What you all think ?

• 1 month later...

i updated my list. i ended up making a few changes let me know what you all think

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 2:07 AM, Conaris said:

[Intel Core i7-7700K

You sure you need that?   ;)

You could spend that money elsewhere and go Ryzen 1800X.

You could upgrade to a 1080Ti or 32 or more gigs of RAM.

1 hour ago, Conaris said:

i updated my list. i ended up making a few changes let me know what you all think

By the way, when editing something like that, it's best to make a new post about it in this thread.  That way it won't confuse people and make their suggestions looks stupid.

Just saying.    :)

thank you for the advice 

I like Intel  and never had a AMD as for the 1080 TI the reason i didn't got TI is my screen choice  i should be able to run all on ultra with a 1080 and save the $200.

if i upgrade down the road. my 1080 will find a home in my old PC.