Simple ideas

Inversion

I'm trying to come up with some sort of project. I'd like to make something with some sort of practical purpose and am interested in maybe learning to code if necessary. The Raspberry Pi is interesting to me but I really need to keep costs down. I don't have much practical skill and no access to soldering equipment.

Any ideas would be welcome

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

You could also pick up a hobby. If you got money and alot of time, why not learn to DJ? Its actually really complicated and there is alot to it.

A good starter setup is

Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 - 250 USD

VirtualDJ Content Unlimited Music Subscritption - 10/mo USD

And of course a good computer to run it.

Computers r fun

do something like the Toaster Project, get a small old HTPC and make it into a gameing machine and make all the I/O stuff at the front do stuff, thats the plan with the LAN PC currently atleast :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If you dont have any practical skills, try picking up some new skills. Get a cheap soldering iron and a electronics kit to start.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

If you want to do arduino, I've always wanted to make an arduino controlled coffee machine. 

DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS, JUST DO IT!!!