Got an old pc with extra parts for free is any of this worth something?

Cantaloupeman

So lemme start by posting all the pics IMG_3425.JPGIMG_3426.JPGIMG_3427.JPGIMG_3430.JPGIMG_3432.JPGIMG_3435.JPGIMG_3437.JPGIMG_3438.JPGIMG_3281.JPGIMG_3275.JPGIMG_3276.JPG

Okay so the first pic is the ram. It was in there along with the stock ram from dell. The pc is a dell dimension 8200 btw. The second pic is a turtle beach santa cruz sound card. Is that good at all? The 3rd and 4th picture are the gpu that was in the pc when i got it. Maybe someone knows what it is. The next picture of the red gpu is a radeon gpu that i got in a bag full of pc parts. I have no clue what kind it is. Maybe someone can tell me what it is. I also have an nvidia card in the picture after the radeon one. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what that is. And then after that is an asus card. It says qimonda on some of the black chips if that helps identify it. And finally the last pictures are of the slots in the mobo. I have no clue what the slots are called and id like to know if my gt 720 i bought will fit. It says pci express 2.0 but idk what this slot is. The green one was the one the original gpu was in and the beige one idk what its for. I would appreciate it if someone could explain what that is to me. Anyway... yeah lots of stuff. But maybe someone will enjoy decoding this mystery for me. Thanks to whoever decides to read this whole thing. ?

I'm guessing those small-fan GPUs are something on par with a Radeon HD 3450, possibly even older. Those are still worth a few bucks each as graphics adapters because of the DVI port, but nothing else there really catches my eye.

The Dimension 8200 is, IIRC, an LGA 775 board. It won't command a huge sum of money, but since it appears to be clean and (I'm assuming) in working order, you could toss the whole thing on Craigslist for $30 (but hang onto the better of the two AMD GPUs) and sell it to someone that just needs a very basic, barebones workstation for $20. Not much, no, but $20 on an initial investment of free is still an $infinity ROI.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I'm guessing those small-fan GPUs are something on par with a Radeon HD 3450, possibly even older. Those are still worth a few bucks each as graphics adapters because of the DVI port, but nothing else there really catches my eye.

The Dimension 8200 is, IIRC, an LGA 775 board. It won't command a huge sum of money, but since it appears to be clean and (I'm assuming) in working order, you could toss the whole thing on Craigslist for $30 (but hang onto the better of the two AMD GPUs) and sell it to someone that just needs a very basic, barebones workstation for $20. Not much, no, but $20 on an initial investment of free is still an $infinity ROI.

Now what is the ports in the mobo? The beige and green? And also what about the sound card?

7 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So lemme start by posting all the pics IMG_3425.JPGIMG_3426.JPGIMG_3427.JPGIMG_3430.JPGIMG_3432.JPGIMG_3435.JPGIMG_3437.JPGIMG_3438.JPGIMG_3281.JPGIMG_3275.JPGIMG_3276.JPG

Okay so the first pic is the ram. It was in there along with the stock ram from dell. The pc is a dell dimension 8200 btw. The second pic is a turtle beach santa cruz sound card. Is that good at all? The 3rd and 4th picture are the gpu that was in the pc when i got it. Maybe someone knows what it is. The next picture of the red gpu is a radeon gpu that i got in a bag full of pc parts. I have no clue what kind it is. Maybe someone can tell me what it is. I also have an nvidia card in the picture after the radeon one. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what that is. And then after that is an asus card. It says qimonda on some of the black chips if that helps identify it. And finally the last pictures are of the slots in the mobo. I have no clue what the slots are called and id like to know if my gt 720 i bought will fit. It says pci express 2.0 but idk what this slot is. The green one was the one the original gpu was in and the beige one idk what its for. I would appreciate it if someone could explain what that is to me. Anyway... yeah lots of stuff. But maybe someone will enjoy decoding this mystery for me. Thanks to whoever decides to read this whole thing. ?

It is better if you took a close up picture of the stickers on the pcb, it will help us identify the hardware and not guess based on the looks of it. The gpu looks like AGP card and not a PCIe card. I doubt that you can fit your PCIe card in that slot. You can also get the model number of the motherboard and send it to us just to be sure. 

1 minute ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Now what is the ports in the mobo? The beige and green?

The beige ports are PCI, and the black one with a green shroud is AGP. Neither one is particularly relevant today, and AGP has been dead for years.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Oh, hey, I just Googled the ATI-102-C09003 model number on the Radeon, and that's an HD 6350. Not bad for free. The 6350 is far from any kind of powerful. It's about on par with a 5450, but 5450 GPUs, as crap as they are, are still huge sellers among people who just need something that displays graphics for their PC, and they still cost $40. Granted, your 6350 doesn't have HDMI (which would make it very worthwhile to try and resell), but the DVI port on the back makes it a nice find all the same.

The green ASUS GPU is definitely some sort of Radeon. I'd recognize that PCB/heatsink combo anywhere. I'm just not the least bit certain beyond that of what it is. You might have to hook it up to a PC to figure that out if there isn't some kind of model number on a sticker somewhere.

4 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

It is better if you took a close up picture of the stickers on the pcb, it will help us identify the hardware and not guess based on the looks of it. The gpu looks like AGP card and not a PCIe card. I doubt that you can fit your PCIe card in that slot. You can also get the model number of the motherboard and send it to us just to be sure. 

IMG_3448.JPG

I tried to get those two stickers in there not sure which ones the model number. If its stock the pc says pentium 4 on the front. 

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Oh, hey, I just Googled the ATI-102-C09003 model number on the Radeon, and that's an HD 6350. Not bad for free. The 6350 is far from any kind of powerful. It's about on par with a 5450, but 5450 GPUs, as crap as they are, are still huge sellers among people who just need something that displays graphics for their PC, and they still cost $40. Granted, your 6350 doesn't have HDMI (which would make it very worthwhile to try and resell), but the DVI port on the back makes it a nice find all the same.

The green ASUS GPU is definitely some sort of Radeon. I'd recognize that PCB/heatsink combo anywhere. I'm just not the least bit certain beyond that of what it is. You might have to hook it up to a PC to figure that out if there isn't some kind of model number on a sticker somewhere.

Well if the amd red card is better than the integrated 7660d integrated graphics on my pc i already know it fits in my pc so thatd be awesome. Here are some more pics of the asus idk if theres a model number or not. IMG_3449.JPGIMG_3452.JPGIMG_3455.JPG

8 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

IMG_3448.JPG

I tried to get those two stickers in there not sure which ones the model number. If its stock the pc says pentium 4 on the front. 

Its a 7E598 Dell Motherboard. Supports up to Pentium 4 and has an AGP slot as expected. I am not sure if you can still sell this but this can still work for word processing or if you want to build a Win XP system. 

6 minutes ago, KeemoSabe said:

Its a 7E598 Dell Motherboard. Supports up to Pentium 4 and has an AGP slot as expected. I am not sure if you can still sell this but this can still work for word processing or if you want to build a Win XP system. 

How much is the pentium 4 worth alone then? 

Just now, Cantaloupeman said:

How much is the pentium 4 worth alone then? 

Like $4? :D 

Just now, KeemoSabe said:

Like $4? :D 

????? oh my its unbelievable that processors and gpus were this bad back in the day i just watched a video of one 

????? oh my its unbelievable that processors and gpus were this bad back in the day i just watched a video of one 

We'll it's an overkill for 2D games LOL :D 

Just now, KeemoSabe said:

? the original mario at ultra settings ?

1 minute ago, KeemoSabe said:

How much was this pc sold for when it first came out? Do you know by any chance?

How much was this pc sold for when it first came out? Do you know by any chance?

It's the high end of the past ... :D 

MSRP 
$3058.00

" The Dimension 8200 ($3,058 direct) is a fast and robust system that provides impressive peripherals and a terrific three-year on-site warranty for parts and labor. While it's not the absolute best performer here, it delivers the right combination of speed, performance, and price, and merits the Editors' Choice.

Configured with 512MB of PC800 RDRAM memory and a still-hot 128MB nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600, the Dell unit was surpassed only by the Falcon Northwest system on Content Creation Winstone 2002. The same was true in the 2X anti-aliasing test on MadOnion 3DMark 2001. But at these speeds, most power users will find the 8200 adequate. " 

It's the high end of the past ... :D 

MSRP 
$3058.00

" The Dimension 8200 ($3,058 direct) is a fast and robust system that provides impressive peripherals and a terrific three-year on-site warranty for parts and labor. While it's not the absolute best performer here, it delivers the right combination of speed, performance, and price, and merits the Editors' Choice.

Configured with 512MB of PC800 RDRAM memory and a still-hot 128MB nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600, the Dell unit was surpassed only by the Falcon Northwest system on Content Creation Winstone 2002. The same was true in the 2X anti-aliasing test on MadOnion 3DMark 2001. But at these speeds, most power users will find the 8200 adequate. " 

I just looked it up and found that exact article lol. So now we know the gpu. And the sound card came with it. So if its 5.1 i wonder if thats any good.

I just looked it up and found that exact article lol. So now we know the gpu. And the sound card came with it. So if its 5.1 i wonder if thats any good.

Hook it up and have it for a spin. :D let me know if it's still good. I just hope that drivers are still available for that card. 

24 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Well if the amd red card is better than the integrated 7660d integrated graphics on my pc i already know it fits in my pc so thatd be awesome. Here are some more pics of the asus idk if theres a model number or not. 

The ASUS is an HD 2400 Pro. I got one like it off of CeX for $3.50 not too long ago, and after using it very, very briefly on an old build, I can say it wasn't worth that much lol

Hook it up and have it for a spin. :D let me know if it's still good. I just hope that drivers are still available for that card. 

Well the gpu in the pc is busted im pretty sure. The monitor doesnt have a signal. But i may have installed the hdd i had from a while ago wrong, or i just put the gpu in wrong or something.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

The ASUS is an HD 2400 Pro. I got one like it off of CeX for $3.50 not too long ago, and after using it very, very briefly on an old build, I can say it wasn't worth that much lol

So i guess i can just toss that. Now you said the 6350 is worth 40$? I just found a vid that said launch price was 24$. Unless it appreciated in value.

So i guess i can just todd that. Now you said the 6350 is worth 40$. I just found a vid that said launch price was 24$. Unless it appreciated in value.

Whoa, no no no, not what I meant. The 6350 is worth about $5, $10 if you're incredibly lucky. It's on par with the HD 5450, which is an ancient piece of garbage that's still made because people are stupid and pay $40 for a "graphics accelerator" that's less powerful than the integrated graphics on their damn CPU. What you have is an ancient used card in nice shape. It's only worth a few bucks, but because of what it is, it does have value.

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So i guess i can just toss that. Now you said the 6350 is worth 40$? I just found a vid that said launch price was 24$. Unless it appreciated in value.

That's the brand new price, it may sell for $10 for someone who doesn't game and just do internet stuff etc.