Which phone to buy in 2017?

Tape

So, last year i killed my Galaxy S7 by accident, i spent 6 years with an iPhone 4, tried the iPhone 6 and the 5 and I'm sure I'm not coming back to apple, I've spent 2 years with android phones, and the experience has been much better, but since my Galaxy S7 broke I'm stuck with my sisters faulty iPhone 5 which is about to die. I'm planning on buying a new phone soon and need advice because i cant decide. So my budget is $600 (US) since I've been wasting too much money later and don't want to damage a $700+ phone, I'm looking for something that will last, i was thinking about the google pixel or OnePlus 3t, but seeing that google confirmed that a "Pixel 2" is on the works I'm not sure and OnePlus could announce the 4 any minute now. I can wait until July to buy a new phone, so do you have any recommendations for phones that already came out OR that already were announced? (Android only please i don't want an iPhone 7 or any upcoming iPhone.)

I appreciate your help

HTC 10 or the new one. I have had two htc phones. The first one died cause i forgot i had it on me and went swimming. The one i have right now (htc 10) is really cool. One thing to keep in mind is that it has quick charge, and if ur doing stuff while charging, it will heat up fast and super hot

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

wait a bit, one plus 3t only has 1080p, bad support. display, pixel will get a new revision same with s8 is coming soon. 

6 minutes ago, Tape said:

So, last year i killed my Galaxy S7 by accident, i spent 6 years with an iPhone 4, tried the iPhone 6 and the 5 and I'm sure I'm not coming back to apple, I've spent 2 years with android phones, and the experience has been much better, but since my Galaxy S7 broke I'm stuck with my sisters faulty iPhone 5 which is about to die. I'm planning on buying a new phone soon and need advice because i cant decide. So my budget is $600 (US) since I've been wasting too much money later and don't want to damage a $700+ phone, I'm looking for something that will last, i was thinking about the google pixel or OnePlus 3t, but seeing that google confirmed that a "Pixel 2" is on the works I'm not sure and OnePlus could announce the 4 any minute now. I can wait until July to buy a new phone, so do you have any recommendations for phones that already came out OR that already were announced? (Android only please i don't want an iPhone 7 or any upcoming iPhone.)

I appreciate your help

LG G6 seems amazee i have a g5 and im very happy :)

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

wait a bit, one plus 3t only has 1080p, bad support. display, pixel will get a new revision same with s8 is coming soon. 

Yeah, to me the best option is to wait. I was thinking about the Huawei P10 as the camera looks amazing and it looks fast. But it's 50 dollars over my budget and i HATE the skin huawei puts on their phones.

Motorola Barrage V860

And a hotel room from Trivago.

1 minute ago, cococup8 said:

LG G6 seems amazee i have a g5 and im very happy :)

I was also considering the G6, it's display looks pretty cool, one think that i dislike about the G6 is the camera, not bad but pretty mediocre compared to the oneplus 3t if my sources are correct. But overall the phone seems like a good option.

Note that the camera is a very important factor for me as I love taking pictures and can't afford a professional camera.

tbh, my dad just got a huawei and if im honest its decent for the price! p10 is out soon at a decent price. 

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, lolxd said:

Motorola Barrage V860

And a hotel room from Trivago.

I'll skip the motorola.

Trivago is too good to be skipped.

HOTEL?

TRIVAGO

Just now, Tape said:

i dislike about the G6 is the camera

one of the best camara on the market while 3t has a mid to low end camera. lg phones are good but has boot loop problem.  

1 minute ago, Tape said:

I was also considering the G6, it's display looks pretty cool, one think that i dislike about the G6 is the camera, not bad but pretty mediocre compared to the oneplus 3t if my sources are correct. But overall the phone seems like a good option.

Note that the camera is a very important factor for me as I love taking pictures and can't afford a professional camera.

The g5 cam is amaze and the g6 cam is i think 4k 60FPS its gudd 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

one of the best camara on the market while 3t has a mid to low end camera. lg phones are good but has boot loop problem.  

iv never had a bootloop :)

Just now, cococup8 said:

The g5 cam is amaze and the g6 cam is i think 4k 60FPS its gudd 

That holds the G6 in a higher place, I'm gonna wait for many of these phones to be released and when i can see reviews I can be more confident about my buy.

11 minutes ago, Tape said:

Yeah, to me the best option is to wait. I was thinking about the Huawei P10 as the camera looks amazing and it looks fast. But it's 50 dollars over my budget and i HATE the skin huawei puts on their phones.

The p10 is great.As for the skin Google Now has you covered

My life

I really like my ZTE Axon 7. While the low light photo performance leaves something to be desired, it's still a great camera and performs wonderfully in daylight. I've accidentally saved myself a lot of time and effort as I took a photo of my bike and was able to zoom in on the one arm crank and see how long it was (I needed to buy a replacement). Taking photos of landscapes is fantastic with this phone. 

It's blown people away with the front facing speakers, and I even managed to convert some people at the local AT&T store. Low volume is a weak point, as it is so much louder on the speakers, so audio compression is quite obvious. That's not the phone's problem, but rather an issue with the compression. It sounds fine with ear buds. 

The OS is fine. I just run the Evie launcher. It's similar to the CM13 launcher, which is what I was used to. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

9 minutes ago, Himommies said:

The p10 is great.As for the skin Google Now has you covered

that or nexus launcher

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

7 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

have a look at https://shop.fairphone.com/en/

If I needed a new phone i would get this

Looks cool.reminds me of that thuing google tried to do.If google can't do it then nobody can

My life

20 minutes ago, cococup8 said:

iv never had a bootloop :)

most people had, lg mobile division has bad quality control. 

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Looks cool.reminds me of that thuing google tried to do.If google can't do it then nobody can

i think modular designs are a fail, they potentially increase pollution. Someone tried doing it with laptops and Apple even did it in the past back when they were not making a profit but putting modular server grade hardware in laptops.

What I like about fairphone is that it is user serviceable and you can choose the OS

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

i think modular designs are a fail, they potentially increase pollution. Someone tried doing it with laptops and Apple even did it in the past back when they were not making a profit but putting modular server grade hardware in laptops.

What I like about fairphone is that it is user serviceable and you can choose the OS

Cool

My life

Used Note 4-The last good Note phone.  I would say that the Note 7(which I had) was the best but it also doubled as a fire starter, soo...back to my Note 4.

Thanks, everyone for commenting, to be honest im still deciding between the g6, the p10 and waiting for other 2017 phones to come out. Keep the suggestions coming!

1 hour ago, Tape said:

Thanks, everyone for commenting, to be honest im still deciding between the g6, the p10 and waiting for other 2017 phones to come out. Keep the suggestions coming!

whenever the new oneplus comes out, thats what im gonna get as my next phone

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB