Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey, so i seen the video of Linus and his Grandpa and him showing all those Google products. and it brought up a discussion with my wife and her mother. She never used a pc and my wife wanted to get her into the technology world. Would you ever do a video for seniors and cover something like the Telikin PC. I read some reviews but all the reviews are from the company itself and no 3rd party reviews that i could find.   And is there other options? a OS that is similar? 

Thanks!

Posted · Original PosterOP

i'm talking more about the OS.  that is more geared to seniors.  i know telikin's base model is like 700dollars. but the OS is what i'm looking for more info on. is the OS really user friendly like their reviews claim.

If you have a bit more budget, my grandmother was converted to the techie masterrace when she got an ipad. Just be prepared to do occasional/constant tech support.

The echo of my empty heart signifies the soulless silence of a gaming rig without dedicated graphics....

RIP HD 6870, you will be missed. (and hopefully soon replaced.)

2 minutes ago, Dartermis said:

i'm talking more about the OS.  that is more geared to seniors.  i know telikin's base model is like 700dollars. but the OS is what i'm looking for more info on. is the OS really user friendly like their reviews claim.

yes for a OS chromebooks is a web browsers, OSX or a flavour of Linux. 

Hand me downs work great if all theyre doing is surfing the web. I gave my old man my old imac and hes been enthralled with it ever since. 

Rig 1 - Windows 10 Edu | Asus Sabertooth TUF x99 | i7 6800k @ 4.4ghz | 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200mhz | Gigabyte g1 Gaming GTX 980ti 6gb | Samsung Evo 960 500gb + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | 2x Dell u2713hm + LG 34uc87c | Surface Pro 4

Rig 2 - Windows 10 Edu | Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H | i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz | 4x 8gb Corsair XMS | Samsung 840 Pro 256gb + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX650 | Dell S2415H

Well, we got iPad for my 95-year-old grandma for her 94th birthday. She can understand somewhat about it, but needs someone to walk her through operations. Same with WinXP PC she has. My other grandma, age 85, has Win7 laptop for online banking and reading news / FB. From which she can do two prior ones by herself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv