Hiding taskbar when window maximised

skinbin

It is possible to hide the taskbar when a window is maximised, but to show the taskbar when on the desktop? To clarify, I don't mean using F11 or turning on auto-hide to do this, rather the window automatically be over the taskbar when it is maximised. I am more than happy with registry edits, or installing modifications etc. to achieve this if its not possible with a simple settings change (tho I don't think it is as I've looked extensively).

Thanks

?!?

That's exactly the same thing ass fullscreen...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, skinbin said:

It is possible to hide the taskbar when a window is maximised, but to show the taskbar when on the desktop? To clarify, I don't mean using F11 or turning on auto-hide to do this, rather the window automatically be over the taskbar when it is maximised. I am more than happy with registry edits, or installing modifications etc. to achieve this if its not possible with a simple settings change (tho I don't think it is as I've looked extensively).

Thanks

You want a janky solution?

Use Taran's magical Auto-hotkey software/AutoIT so that whenever you maximise a window an obscure hotkey will be pressed.

Then, that obscure hotkey will trigger TaskBar Hider.

Just now, Enderman said:

?!?

That's exactly the same thing ass fullscreen...

lmao. Ha. Get it? lmao? :P

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Yes I understand the concept is the same as fullscreen, but for example fullscreening Chrome will hide the open tabs, url and bookmarks bar - I want all these to still be displayed.

I'll definitely take a look into that janky solution aha thanks man!

25 minutes ago, skinbin said:

Yes I understand the concept is the same as fullscreen, but for example fullscreening Chrome will hide the open tabs, url and bookmarks bar - I want all these to still be displayed.

I'll definitely take a look into that janky solution aha thanks man!

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/94737/how-to-get-the-chrome-tabs-to-always-show-when-in-full-screen-mode

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fullscreen-address-bar/ppmkmdianhgppfjciekeiodmgdppglno?hl=en

You know you could have found this stuff with just a simple google search right?

You should  take a look through your chrome flags, there's plenty of good stuff there that you want to enable.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't want this just for Chrome, I want it system wide for every window.

I'm well aware of Googling, and I have extensively hence why I'm posting here.