skinbin

Hiding taskbar when window maximised

Posted · Original PosterOP

It is possible to hide the taskbar when a window is maximised, but to show the taskbar when on the desktop? To clarify, I don't mean using F11 or turning on auto-hide to do this, rather the window automatically be over the taskbar when it is maximised. I am more than happy with registry edits, or installing modifications etc. to achieve this if its not possible with a simple settings change (tho I don't think it is as I've looked extensively).

Thanks

?!?

That's exactly the same thing ass fullscreen...

My sound system uses more power than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 DCUII | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 White | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | Ducky ONE RGB White TKL | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 55" TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II

5 minutes ago, skinbin said:

It is possible to hide the taskbar when a window is maximised, but to show the taskbar when on the desktop? To clarify, I don't mean using F11 or turning on auto-hide to do this, rather the window automatically be over the taskbar when it is maximised. I am more than happy with registry edits, or installing modifications etc. to achieve this if its not possible with a simple settings change (tho I don't think it is as I've looked extensively).

Thanks

You want a janky solution?

Use Taran's magical Auto-hotkey software/AutoIT so that whenever you maximise a window an obscure hotkey will be pressed.

Then, that obscure hotkey will trigger TaskBar Hider.

Just now, Enderman said:

?!?

That's exactly the same thing ass fullscreen...

lmao. Ha. Get it? lmao? :P

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Yes I understand the concept is the same as fullscreen, but for example fullscreening Chrome will hide the open tabs, url and bookmarks bar - I want all these to still be displayed.

I'll definitely take a look into that janky solution aha thanks man!

25 minutes ago, skinbin said:

Yes I understand the concept is the same as fullscreen, but for example fullscreening Chrome will hide the open tabs, url and bookmarks bar - I want all these to still be displayed.

I'll definitely take a look into that janky solution aha thanks man!

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/94737/how-to-get-the-chrome-tabs-to-always-show-when-in-full-screen-mode

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fullscreen-address-bar/ppmkmdianhgppfjciekeiodmgdppglno?hl=en

You know you could have found this stuff with just a simple google search right?

You should  take a look through your chrome flags, there's plenty of good stuff there that you want to enable.

My sound system uses more power than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 DCUII | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 White | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | Ducky ONE RGB White TKL | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 55" TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II

I don't want this just for Chrome, I want it system wide for every window.

I'm well aware of Googling, and I have extensively hence why I'm posting here.