Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

Ryzen 5 is not alive. :(

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I can't put up with a lot these days. I even unsubbed from Philly D due to his intros and other miscellaneous things.

Understood. :)

I have a G7 and it's DELLicious!!!

| #HuaweiSucks | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo |

Meet Hex, my hexacore laptop!

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1TB Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe (boot)

2TB Crucial MX500 SATA III (games)

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse

HyperX Stinger wireless gaming headset

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Ryzen 5 is not alive. :(

I'm sure some engineering samples exist. Cheer up!

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Not really because it's still a BS lie.

It was sarcasm, but I suppose the understood "/s" wasn't as understood as I had hoped.

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

I find it funny that out of top 10 disliked videos for LTT 6 are related with apple :P

Talk about knee jerk reactions WHERE are the apple defenders god dammit

2 minutes ago, ATFink said:

LTT has a larger fan base than the other tech channels, so naturally you'd see a lot more activity surrounding LTT when it comes to a video launch. The combined subscriber count for all three LTT channels is almost 6 million. The silly nature of some videos LTT produces also allows for more reaction, but I see what your point.

I think you are correct with the sensitivity to a degree as long as being sensitive isn't confused with criticism. This is especially true because when someone starts something on a large channel the potential to propagate is much greater than that of a smaller channel if it starts to catch on. I down voted the video as a criticism for the LTT team to learn from. I removed my down vote when the title changed.

The people I'm referring to hawk up the same ole stuff, and those are the ones I'm referring to being as sensitive. The criticism from many members and probably on the YouTube comments (maybe.... I'm afraid to look) have merit, even if I disagree with it. I'm just personally more worried about the actual content in their videos - it seems they're constantly shooting for the entertainment factor rather than the informative one.

........and then all of a sudden people are shocked they shoot even further for the entertainment factor and quickly go to the comments to vent their grief and spam the dislike button.

¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯

2 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

It was sarcasm, but I suppose the understood "/s" was as understood as I had hoped.

It's LTTF, I assume everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise, so apologies for not getting sarcasm from the get-go.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

It's LTTF, I assume everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise, so apologies for not getting sarcasm from the get-go.

You don't apologize on the internet what the hell is wrong with you maggot

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Gotta do it where I can, otherwise I'd be banned for going off on people for being idiots. That's what you're here for. :)

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Idiot until proven otherwise" is not necessarily a bad way to go about things, tbh. ^_^

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

Just now, Kloaked said:

Close... this is the Internet, after all.

Just now, techstorm970 said:

"Idiot until proven otherwise" is not necessarily a bad way to go about things, tbh. ^_^

Yeah well that "otherwise" list is pretty small..

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Gotta do it where I can, otherwise I'd be banned for going off on people for being idiots. That's what you're here for. :)

idk what you're implying here ...

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Close... this is the Internet, after all.

I was going to put the other word but I might actually get reported for that.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah well that "otherwise" list is pretty small..

...which is why warning labels that warn people about brain-dead obvious things exist. :P

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I was going to put the other word but I might actually get reported for that.

</3

1 minute ago, techstorm970 said:

...which is why warning labels that warn people about brain-dead obvious things exist. :P

Remove warning labels and we suddenly have smarter tech enthusiasts. Or more dumb posts about simple stuff on this forum.

</3

Remove warning labels and we suddenly have smarter tech enthusiasts. Or more dumb posts about simple stuff on this forum.

Maybe, but there would also be massive amounts of people outside of this forum who would get sue-happy, which is a shame. -_-

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

It's funny that people didn't read the original post where they stated that they were simulating what the r5 and r3 would be. The thumbnails are getting too farfetched now. 

Rig 1 - Windows 10 Edu | Asus Sabertooth TUF x99 | i7 6800k @ 4.4ghz | 2 x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200mhz | ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung Evo 960 500gb NVME + 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c | XPS 15 9560

Rig 2 - Windows 10 Edu | Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H | i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz | 4x 8gb Corsair XMS | Samsung 840 Pro 256gb + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX650 | Dell S2415H

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I will pull an offended-LTT-viewer and pretend that I'm surprised that this is a "killer argument" in the eyes of someone dumb enough to believe they had R5s and R3s.

That's a far more valid concern: the title would become misleading once the CPUs are out...

That, however, is not: anyone watching the video will know the same we know: that they are testing a tweaked 1800x. So no "misguided" purchase possible there. The title will become misleading, the content will not.

You do realize they probably DO AHVE R5's in the office RIGHT NOW, the R5 launches in 3 weeks, they need time to do testing so they probably have it already.

While i understand why you are keen to jump on the latest CPU bandwagon, as if you don't do it someone else is going to anyway, but I don't know. It just feels wrong. Weirdly, using a buzz term for it, it does just like, 'fake news.' It just feels over extending and creating a video during the Ryzen buzz just to say you have a video out. You can see why people are pissed and I think you will most likely not make this mistake again. I watch every video and live stream and enjoy the content as a whole but this video could have been better spent on a Ryzen motherboard round up or Ryzen chipset reviews or testing overclocking ability between the B series and X chipsets to see if any performance is gained between them.

13 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

You do realize they probably DO AHVE R5's in the office RIGHT NOW, the R5 launches in 3 weeks, they need time to do testing so they probably have it already.

AMD gave reviewers about 3 days before launch for the R7 info, LMG does not have R5 and R3 CPUs in their hands.

42 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

It's funny that people didn't read the original post where they stated that they were simulating what the r5 and r3 would be. The thumbnails are getting too farfetched now. 

Some of us skip to the video right away, I saw the thread title, clicked it then immediately clicked on the the video (didn't even see the thumbnail because I was here BEFORE the thumbnail), I didn't see any other words other then the THREAD AND VIDEO TITLE, so I had to wait till the video revealed the click bait bullshit.

AMD gave reviewers about 3 days before launch for the R7 info, LMG does not have R5 and R3 CPUs in their hands.

And the R7 launch was riddled with testing issues, don't think they would screw that up a second time.