AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

18 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Let us know when Linus is done with your throat so you can speak freely ;)

I will pull an offended-LTT-viewer and pretend that I'm surprised that this is a "killer argument" in the eyes of someone dumb enough to believe they had R5s and R3s.

17 minutes ago, ATFink said:

Look, you have to remember that this video will still be around when Ryzen 3 and 5 release. (...) The title is completely misleading especially if you fast forward 6 months from today.

That's a far more valid concern: the title would become misleading once the CPUs are out...

13 minutes ago, ATFink said:

Someone that is new to building computers might see this and buy based on poor meaningless advice. Afterall, I know I've recommended LTT videos to computer hardware noobs because they sometimes are pretty decent at giving a general idea of things.

That, however, is not: anyone watching the video will know the same we know: that they are testing a tweaked 1800x. So no "misguided" purchase possible there. The title will become misleading, the content will not.

2 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

Some have been clickbait-y, but this one is not.  What wrong with Back to the Future;)

The thumbnail is totally fine. I don't think they have any clickbait thumbnails. There's not a single thumbnail that makes me more likely to click it just because it's goofy. Hell, I'd probably be less likely to click a video of luke fingering this case if it wasn't released during CES. 

download.jpg

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I will pull an offended-LTT-viewer and pretend that I'm surprised that this is a "killer argument" in the eyes of someone dumb enough to believe they had R5s and R3s.

That's a far more valid concern: the title would become misleading once the CPUs are out...

Yeah.  If you seriously thought that ANYONE has gotten a hold of a Ryzen 3 yet, you are either not up-to-date with tech news at all or simply an idiot.

Hopefully Ryzen does scale like Intel CPUs do.  (In other words, let's hope that these benchmarks are close to the real thing.)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

Again, probably because of the gradual tonal shift from hat-on-backwards-informal-unboxings to online media psuedo-mogul who is "overworked" but at the same time doesn't take themselves too "seriously".

Just to be clear, I'm not justifying what they're doing as I can also see the impression that they're trending toward the clickbaity side of YouTube now. I just find it strange that this criticism exists way more here than these other channels where they've also been doing clickbait, and some people, like this guy below me is putting words in my mouth post who needs to relax.

4 minutes ago, kenblu24 said:

At what point does criticism become whining? They mislead viewers into thinking they had something when they didn't.

I didn't say whining (at least this time - I may have before in other threads and I was wrong), I said being sensitive to what LTT does. They're trying to be funny and they're doing a bad job according to many fans.

4 minutes ago, kenblu24 said:

The title. THE TITLE. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE TITLE. 

They most likely did it for the clicks - I know I clicked but with a bit of skepticism since I didn't see any other Youtuber that I'm subbed to upload a video for Ryzen 5 and 3, as if the thumbnail wasn't enough to give it away. I know.

Or it could have been a [bad] joke. People are allowed to make those, right?

5 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That, however, is not: anyone watching the video will know the same we know: that they are testing a tweaked 1800x. So no "misguided" purchase possible there. The title will become misleading, the content will not.

The video did not contain actual Ryzen 3s or 5s. I don't know why you are arguing that the title isn't misleading.

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Oh come on now Spacey, I didn't mean that Linus was literally thrusting away at your oral cavity so no need to get all "offended" as you claim everyone else is. I mean how could you not have taken that as a joke instead of an actual argument? I included the mandatory winky face to indicate I was being facetious and everything. You're the one who was getting all huffed up about people "with more than two neurons could take it literally and assume they were testing actual R5s and especially R3s that don't even exist other than in a slide" remember?

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

people "with more than two neurons could take it literally and assume they were testing actual R5s and especially R3s that don't even exist other than in a slide?"

who the gosh dern heckin says that with a straight face?

15 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

No, not everyone that watches LTT videos do so because they are just regular audience members. I definitely have recomended LTT videos that compare hardware to each other to help people purchase products (digital foundry is a better choice most of the time, but I'd be lying if I said I've never done this before). Who am I to say whether or not they don't watch more than I recommend. It is definitely possible for a noob to stumble across this and get confused about what to buy in the future.

Have you dealt with trying to explain the difference between different i3, i5, and Intel i7 CPU skews? When's the last time you had to explain to someone what a GPU is? How about trying to tell someone why not to get a cheapo power supplies to bring the cost of a build down?

The hypothetical people (and real ones I've talked to) that I am referring to are the ones that may be misled by this. I have talked people into building custom PCs rather than buying some crappy Bestbuy build that is overpriced because of "i7 inside." These are the people that may be misled by the video. People like us that know what we're doing obviously will have no problem distinguishing between the humor and serious portions of this video, but not everyone can if they are new to PCs and there are record numbers of new PC builders today than any other time before.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

Just now, Kloaked said:

Just to be clear, I'm not justifying what they're doing as I can also see the impression that they're trending toward the clickbaity side of YouTube now. I just find it strange that this criticism exists way more here than these other channels where they've also been doing clickbait, and some people, like this guy below me is putting words in my mouth post who needs to relax.

I didn't say whining (at least this time - I may have before in other threads and I was wrong), I said being sensitive to what LTT does. They're trying to be funny and they're doing a bad job according to many fans.

They most likely did it for the clicks - I know I clicked but with a bit of skepticism since I didn't see any other Youtuber that I'm subbed to upload a video for Ryzen 5 and 3, as if the thumbnail wasn't enough to give it away. I know.

Or it could have been a [bad] joke. People are allowed to make those, right?

They made a joke. It's okay to make jokes. It's unprofessional to mislead your viewers. 

These are fans of LTT. Don't just dismiss them all as sensitive babies if they have legit criticism or feedback.  They're disappointed with the quality of the content and with the annoying thumbnails. Besides, I'd be pretty annoyed if every thumbnail looked like this

download.jpg

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

who the gosh dern heckin says that with a straight face?

Hopefully someone who can give me the deets on when Linus' next "Pleasure Hour" is ;)

*I've been told I'm very "generous" when it comes to things like that

1 minute ago, kenblu24 said:

Don't just dismiss them all as sensitive babies if they have legit criticism or feedback. 

Jesus Christ I'm not

You can't really expect the audience to know and understand "this product is not out yet this is just a simulated result" before clicking in a video. If all the viewers are so well informed, to be honest who need "tech tips" anymore? 

The most important thing is, this video disappoints the viewers. Knowing the ryzen cpus are released or not, they didn't deliver what was promised in the title. 

3 minutes ago, Cooly568 said:
2e8ea6df6fb9e3dbf09868a403f9d9ac.png

Has LTT, CSF, or TQ ever seen a dislike ratio higher than 1:2?

chrome_2017-03-20_19-20-15.png

1 minute ago, kenblu24 said:

Besides, I'd be pretty annoyed if every thumbnail looked like this

download.jpg

Yeah, there are places for that stuff and places were that stuff shouldn't be.  Markiplier is a comedian, so he can get away with these silly thumbnails just fine.

LTT on the other hand...

0i.PNG

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, techstorm970 said:

Yeah, there are places for that stuff and places were that stuff shouldn't be.  Markiplier is a comedian, so he can get away with these silly thumbnails just fine.

LTT on the other hand...

0i.PNG

tbh I'd take whatever shit LTT poops out rather than watch someone who refers to himself as Marki-poo (I cringed typing that).

Just now, techstorm970 said:

LTT on the other hand...

0i.PNG

I'm just talking about sheer annoyance factor. If every video on the channel had that face on it...

tbh I'd take whatever shit LTT poops out rather than watch someone who refers to himself as Marki-poo (I cringed typing that).

Actually, it's Marki-moo (oh my god, why am I correcting you right now? :$), and he just does it because of his fangirls.  I honestly just shrug it off and enjoy the rest of the video.  His content IS really funny. xD

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

3 minutes ago, kenblu24 said:

I'm just talking about sheer annoyance factor. If every video on the channel had that face on it...

You mean you DON'T want to be subbed to a channel with annoying intros and mostly dumb looking thumbnails??

gdfhdfg.JPG

1 minute ago, techstorm970 said:

Actually, it's Marki-moo (oh my god, why am I correcting you right now? :$), and he just does it because of his fangirls.  I honestly just shrug it off and enjoy the rest of the video.  His content IS really funny. xD

I can't put up with a lot these days. I even unsubbed from Philly D due to his intros and other miscellaneous things.

3 minutes ago, kenblu24 said:

Good point

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

37 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

That's not what I mean. Nobody posts trendy hashtags that are a play-on-words of the channel name (like #LinusClickbaitTips for example) on these other channels, and neither do they downvote them into oblivion.

I'm not blind, I know this is the LinusTechTips forum. That's not my point. It just seems like most of the LTT fans are extremely sensitive to anything they consider out of line for the channel and will downvote the video out of spite because muh clickbait

LTT has a larger fan base than the other tech channels, so naturally you'd see a lot more activity surrounding LTT when it comes to a video launch. The combined subscriber count for all three LTT channels is almost 6 million. The silly nature of some videos LTT produces also allows for more reaction, but I see what your point is.

I think you are correct with the sensitivity to a degree as long as being sensitive isn't confused with criticism. This is especially true because when someone starts something on a large channel the potential to propagate is much greater than that of a smaller channel if it starts to catch on. I down voted the video as a criticism for the LTT team to learn from. I removed my down vote when the title changed.

Ryzen 5 is not alive. :(

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I can't put up with a lot these days. I even unsubbed from Philly D due to his intros and other miscellaneous things.

Understood. :)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Ryzen 5 is not alive. :(

I'm sure some engineering samples exist. Cheer up!