AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

7 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

How does no one get the obvious back to the future joke?

We did get it (I hope I'm not just speaking for myself).

We just thought that the video was pointless since there comparable baseless speculation to a buzz feed video. Not that Linus was negligent in the testing methodology, but some important aspects, like which cores were disabled, were not even mentioned.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

Ahh lads now thats just bad. 

I came here to know if it was worth clicking on, i did indeed get my answer hah. 

But wait, no advertising is bad adverting... lets wait and see the views on this one ;)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 minute ago, jetbuster said:

I think they are too buys knee jerking.

I dont like the title, and I think you will find it gets changed to "simulated" rather than "tested" or something to that effect.

This test worked great to compare intel chips so I was wondering when they'd do this, and its not a bad video either.

also what @Arcanekitten said

To also give you some credit, LTT isn't the only channel guilty of this clickbait shit. Kyle/Bitwit or whatever the fuck his flavor of the month name is now, MKBHDbrand and so on will often edit their thumbnails to show a product that isn't released yet or is only rumored to be coming soon™ and they put it IN THEIR HAND IN THE THUMBNAIL. I haven't seen anyone bitching about that.

3 minutes ago, jetbuster said:

I think they are too busy knee jerking.

I dont like the title, and I think you will find it gets changed to "simulated" rather than "tested" or something to that effect.

This test worked great to compare intel chips so I was wondering when they'd do this, and its not a bad video either.

also what @Arcanekitten said

Trust me, if they had called it "AMD Ryzen 5 AND 3 SIMULATED!" this wouldn't be happening. Changing it after the fact is just them trying to save face.

When I try to look up Ryzen 5 and 3 benchmarks after they actually release I don't want to see this shit instead...

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

To also give you some credit, LTT isn't the only channel guilty of this clickbait shit. Kyle/Bitwit or whatever the fuck his flavor of the month name is now, MKBHDbrand and so on will often edit their thumbnails to show a product that isn't released yet or is only rumored to be coming soon™ and they put it IN THEIR HAND IN THE THUMBNAIL. I haven't seen anyone bitching about that.

This is an LTT forum. It would be rather pointless to comment on a Bitwit clickbait title here. The LTT videos (for obvious reasons) are promoted in these forums. Of course they will have more feedback than other Youtuber's videos here.

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I really wish Philly didn't have that intro every single video jesus Christ.

also back on topic doe, I stumbled on this website while trying to look for another video that LTT did that was doing terrible with the votes: http://sortbydislikes.com/search.php?channel=linustechtips

This actually exists hahaaaaahaha

LMAO Poor Austin...but I totally understand that dislike ratio...

Spoiler

HEY GUUUUYS!!

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

MKBDWTF was rock bottom from the start (see: M50X video). LTT had some kind of integrity once upon a time.

22 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

That gap just keeps growing xD

Capture.PNG

Oh yeah RIP.

temp.png

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

They changed it to "previewed". Your voices have been heard. You can all go home now.

Not really because it's still a BS lie.

I don't see why people are defending this. The thumbnails aren't clickbait, they're just silly. It's okay to have fun with your thumbnails, guys. Doesn't mean it's clickbait.

But that title is super misleading. I'm not some tech insider. I actually thought they got some sneak preview courtesy of AMD. I mean, they did get sponsorships for CES for the 480 and Ryzen launch. All you buttholes expecting everybody complaining to internally monologue the likelyhood of Linus getting an early sample are inconsiderate and kinda narcissistic. They titled the video as if they tested Ryzen 3 and 5. They didn't. 

Don't intentionally mislead your viewers, Linus.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Linus has apologized.

97986.PNG

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 minutes ago, ATFink said:

This is an LTT forum. It would be rather pointless to comment on a Bitwit clickbait title here. The LTT videos (for obvious reasons) are promoted in these forums. Of course they will have more feedback than other Youtuber's videos here.

That's not what I mean. Nobody posts trendy hashtags that are a play-on-words of the channel name (like #LinusClickbaitTips for example) on these other channels, and neither do they downvote them into oblivion.

I'm not blind, I know this is the LinusTechTips forum. That's not my point. It just seems like most of the LTT fans are extremely sensitive to anything they consider out of line for the channel and will downvote the video out of spite because muh clickbait

Just now, techstorm970 said:

97986.PNG

Too late for the non-apology for a bad joke they were trying to make.

LTT trying to make a change :-/

Im going to say one thing. SHUT UP ABOUT CLICKBAIT JESUS CHRIST. Its annoying as hell. Theyre trying to make money and it attracts the stupid kids my age AKA more $$$ aka more dank ass videos.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, kenblu24 said:

I don't see why people are defending this. The thumbnails aren't clickbait, they're just silly. It's okay to have fun with your thumbnails, guys.

Some have been clickbait-y, but this one is not.  What wrong with Back to the Future;)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

1 minute ago, SSL said:

MKBDWTF was rock bottom from the start (see: M50X video). LTT had some kind of integrity once upon a time.

I think they still do somewhat, not like in days past they they are a pretty good source for noobs that want to learn more about computers. After all, the entertainment value relative to other tech Youtubers is very high, so much more likely to keep a prospective PC builder hooked until they learn more about what they were doing. That is why I was strongly opposed to the original title of the video. It is misleading for noobs. 

That's not what I mean. Nobody posts trendy hashtags that are a play-on-words of the channel name (like #LinusClickbaitTips for example) on these other channels, and neither do they downvote them into oblivion.

I'm not blind, I know this is the LinusTechTips forum. That's not my point. It just seems like most of the LTT fans are extremely sensitive to anything they consider out of line for the channel and will downvote the video out of spite because muh clickbait

Again, probably because of the gradual tonal shift from hat-on-backwards-informal-unboxings to online media psuedo-mogul who is "overworked" but at the same time doesn't take themselves too "seriously".

2 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

$5 the next video is just as bad as this one was with being clickbait.

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Im going to say one thing. SHUT UP ABOUT CLICKBAIT JESUS CHRIST. Its annoying as hell. Theyre trying to make money and it attracts the stupid kids my age AKA more $$$ aka more dank ass videos.

You shouldn't have to stoop your business that low just to stay afloat.

At what point does criticism become whining? They mislead viewers into thinking they had something when they didn't.

Just now, Kloaked said:

The title. THE TITLE. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE TITLE. 

3 minutes ago, kenblu24 said:

I don't see why people are defending this. The thumbnails aren't clickbait, they're just silly. It's okay to have fun with your thumbnails, guys. Doesn't mean it's clickbait.

But that title is super misleading. I'm not some tech insider. I actually thought they got some sneak preview courtesy of AMD. I mean, they did get sponsorships for CES for the 480 and Ryzen launch. All you buttholes expecting everybody complaining to internally monologue the likelyhood of Linus getting an early sample are inconsiderate and kinda narcissistic. They titled the video as if they tested Ryzen 3 and 5. They didn't. 

Don't intentionally mislead your viewers, Linus.

The view count on the 1000 degree knife videos of months past would speak otherwise against your clickbait thumbnail argument. The thumbnail was completely unrelated to the video, but honestly what am I supposed to expect? Endless pictures of test benches?

Just now, Kloaked said:

A nudge here and a nudge there, before you know it we'll be getting videos about Linus' thoughts for the day while he gets out of bed...

*Lets be honest though, who doesn't want to see dat bod getting out of bed ;)

The first video from LTT I regret I didn't click away immediately.

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

But this is part of the problem. They're tailoring their content to what gets the most hits first, rather than worrying about having good content first and marketing it (a close) second.

The point being, if they have a good product and good marketing, they shouldn't need to stoop to lame social engineering tricks to get viewers. You don't have to look further than other tech channels to see that it's possible to make a profit and grow without these tired antics.