nicklmg

AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

This video is still pretty bad even after the title change - you didn't even mention the recent discoveries by PCPer in regards to the core architecture which is 2x4 cores on the current chips wich appearently introduces latency and thus performance issues when the two cores interact. If some of the new Ryzen 5 CPUs concist of only 1x4 core there's a chance that gaming performance might increase significantly for those chips. Not really a thing you can simulate right now.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690k | Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 HyperX Savage 2133 | GPU: MSI GTX960 Gaming 4g | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair CX600m | SSD: Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: WD Black 1TB, Samsung Green 2TB | CPU Cooler: Bequiet Dark Rock 3 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED white 200mm (Intake), 2x Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I think LTT need to listen to the viewers more than they are but equally they must retain resilience to adapt and move the channel forward. People don't like change but change is necessary to stay on stop in a competitive market.

Having said that, click bait titles are not a positive change, they simply invoke frustration amongst the viewers when it's not what they were looking for. Titles that don't have any reference to the product name make it virtually impossible to search for older videos. The thumbnail pictures aren't as big a problem.

Now Linus admitted they got the title wrong and have changed it to previewed which most people still dislike (myself included). It's irrelevant if you have used the correct dictionary definition if the mass viewers still feel misled. 

It's a huge problem on youtube which I feel can be fixed with an updated algorithm that penalises for watched minutes below a percentage threshold. Possibly a variable threshold based on the likes/dislikes ratio and only counting a video view if the viewer watched more than a certain percentage of the video. Also reducing ad revenue if the like/dislike ratio is poor.

Click bait titles are nothing more than scams, they're dishonest and people despise them yet it's happening more and more on so many channels.

5 hours ago, papes said:

This is one intense community. 

I'd love to know what y'all think of PewDiePie. 

He has a completely different style, content and audience. Even if you watch LTT and Pewdiepie you expect two very different videos. Pewdiepie is purely entertainment. LTT is factual with some entertainment.

At the end of the day, if LTT keep upsetting their viewers they'll move elsewhere, the competition is massive and there's very little stopping people moving on. The viewers decide if a channel is successful or not. The customer is always "right" springs to mind.