AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

That's actually a great idea, and one that LTT should seriously consider. Studies show that T and A attract significantly more "eye time" whenever it appears on a web page, so it only makes sense that LTT start relying on this tried and true internet marketing tactic. After all, they are a BUSINESS trying to make MONEY.

15 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Yeah it took me all of 3 seconds to figure out that they decided to go from just clickbait to outright lying in the title as well. Does the speed at which you realized it make the title any more truthful?

So far they've done the following to get more views:

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnails

Outright lying in the title

What is next? Are they going to start making their thumbnails pictures of women in bikinis or something in order to farm more views? I'm glad they've got people like you trained who just bend over and spread their cheeks when they do shit like this but not everyone is so eager to please them...

May contain inappropriate content

Spoiler

Image result for Women in bikini

New GTX 1180TI benchmarks revealed!

Just no, nooooooo!

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

That's actually a great idea, and one that LTT should seriously consider. Studies show that T and A attract significantly more "eye time" whenever it appears on a web page, so it only makes sense that LTT start relying on this tried and true internet marketing tactic. After all, they are a BUSINESS trying to make MONEY.

3 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

May contain inappropriate content

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for Women in bikini

New GTX 1180TI benchmarks revealed!

Just no, nooooooo!

Hell yeah bois! Let's take this channel from clickbait to clickbate ;)

Just now, imreloadin said:

Hell yeah bois! Let's take this channel from clickbait to clickbate ;)

?Oh gosh, I guess I'll get another report...

They should do it for a Easter special...

39 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Yeah it took me all of 3 seconds to figure out that they decided to go from just clickbait to outright lying in the title as well. Does the speed at which you realized it make the title any more truthful?

So far they've done the following to get more views:

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnails

Outright lying in the title

What is next? Are they going to start making their thumbnails pictures of women in bikinis or something in order to farm more views? I'm glad they've got people like you trained who just bend over and spread their cheeks when they do shit like this but not everyone is so eager to please them...

Do you feel better or something, by complaining so much?  You know, having a cohort to sit here and cry your eyes out over this incident with? 

Mention your disdain, and maybe move on.  Why would you want to argue with me?  I have a bigger issue with you, than the LTT Youtube thumbnails.  The click-baity style has reasoning behind it.  Your actions in the thread only have emotion, with little reasoning (if any) beyond:  I want it this way!

Entitlement to an extreme. 

7 hours ago, Tam3n said:

If anyone clicked thinking they actually have R3 or R5 they can only blame themselves 9_9

Yeah, How dare us to believe a channel with nearly 4 million fucking subscribers was telling the TRUTH with the FUCKING TITLE OF THE DAMN VIDEO.

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Do you feel better or something, by complaining so much?  You know, having a cohort to sit here and cry your eyes out over this incident with? 

Mention your disdain, and maybe move on.  Why would you want to argue with me?  I have a bigger issue with you, than the LTT Youtube thumbnails.  The click-baity style has reasoning behind it.  Your actions in the thread only have emotion, with little reasoning (if any) beyond:  I want it this way!

I'm flattered that you have a bigger issue with me than the LTT thumbnails *smooches*

Refresh my memory but weren't you the one who gave off an air of superiority by preaching that it only took you three whole seconds to figure out what was going on? Then you continued it by framing your next sentence in the manner that you're looking down on everyone in the thread who has an opinion on the matter as if you're some kind of nobleman looking down on his bickering vassals. Or at least that seems to be the tone you take in every other thread that you're getting your SJW rocks off in ;)

In regards to your above comment however I have laid out my evidence for LTT's descent into the realm of content-less gimmicks in a prior post in this thread. However you seem to have willfully overlooked that so you could slip in your "your actions in the thread only have emotion, with little reasoning (if any)" quip. I'm sure you'll reply to me with some kind of manner to dismiss my calling you out on the tone you always take with your comments as "me taking it too personally" or "alternative facts" or whatever it is you usually do so don't bother, your ivory tower is probably getting kind of lonely without you in it so hurry back to it.

36 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Entitlement to an extreme.

Yes, viewers are entitled to a little respect.

I'm wondering how he will handle the hate that's caused by this during the WAN show.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

55 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I'm wondering how he will handle the hate that's caused by this during the WAN show.

He might pander to it to make them feel warm and fuzzy, and then move on because this is utterly useless... or ignore it entirely because this is utterly useless. 

2 hours ago, Factory OC said:

I just got used to this. I just make like the thumbnail doesn't exist. I can't excuse the clickbait though?...

I got used to it too, but in my case, I just tend to watch less LTT videos nowadays, as I tend to skip over videos with stupid thumbnails. I used to watch everyday, but not so much anymore.

Guys it wasn't clickbait. it was just meant to be fun thats all. they dont need clickbait to earn money, every single hardware company praises them like Gods xD why would they need clickbait for money come on.. they were just trying to be funny. this is LTT they might be the best or one of the best in hardware world but Linus is very known to be a troll or someone that enjoys to make lots of jokes. it was this, thats all. no clickbait shit

he's a human jesus and he enjoys to make jokes as i do too. he thought the community would get it but nah. all butthurted and gotta come here ruins others creation. seriously focus in more impportant stuff than thumbnails or clickbaits. is that really so impportant in your life? then shit your life is quite... boring 

At this rate, it also seems like Linus want me to unsubscribe from his channel. And the excuse Linus gave was very weak, given their attitude as of late.

1 minute ago, AxelRantila said:

At this rate, it also seems like Linus want me to unsubscribe from his channel. And the excuse Linus gave was very weak, given their attitude as of late.

he doesnt really care if you do. you are just 1 more of millions

" I stand 100% behind the video we did yesterday. It was a hell of a lot of work and I believe it's an excellent representation of the performance we can expect from a hotly-anticipated new product. There was a lot of asshurt over the inappropriate title that unfortunately hurt an EXCELLENT piece of content. Try not to judge it based on the title " linus words. if he truly cared he wouldnt call people like you asshurt 

5 minutes ago, Lucasmeis said:

" I stand 100% behind the video we did yesterday. It was a hell of a lot of work and I believe it's an excellent representation of the performance we can expect from a hotly-anticipated new product. There was a lot of asshurt over the inappropriate title that unfortunately hurt an EXCELLENT piece of content. Try not to judge it based on the title " linus words. if he truly cared he wouldnt call people like you asshurt 

Were did he say that. I've REALLY tried to find it but I can't find it anywhere

he commented in the first comment that shows up

1 minute ago, AxelRantila said:

Were did he say that. I've REALLY tried to find it but I can't find it anywhere

1 minute ago, Lucasmeis said:

he commented in the first comment that shows up

It wasn't there 5 minutes ago for me. Either (a) he just stickied it (b) something is wEIRD with Chrome for me

Anyway, my point from earlier threads still stands. I subscribed to linus because he wasn't another OMGYOUARENOTGOINGTOBELIEVENUMVERSIXHUNDERANDSIXTYSIX clickbait channel, which is something

AND STAYED TUNED, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT

Also to those saying people don't react to other Youtubers, look at the video where Jayz2Centz had a pre-roll ad for NORTON, he got crucified for that crap, no one can even tell you what the video was about because EVERYONE was just raging about the NORTON add.

13 hours ago, Jorgen297 said:

Yeah the new thumbnails suck, but LMG is a business, and their numbers are up since the change. As long as the actual content isn't affected, I think it's good. 

Oh but it has been..remember "Revive your old laptop" ?

idiotic thumbnail - check

click bait title - check

content - installs an ssd so its faster -> Garbage piece of content. Actually it wasn't so bad but REVIVING is not what it did, it was uninteresting and lame.. Maybe for the not-so tech-savy crowd it was usefull but the quality was so so poor..

If you need more examples let me know I'm sure we can dig up a few.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

7 hours ago, samcool55 said:

6 hours ago, stconquest said:

He might pander to it to make them feel warm and fuzzy, and then move on because this is utterly useless... or ignore it entirely because this is utterly useless. 

We know Linus is too proud to apologize especially if he feels he did nothing wrong: see the pinned comment on the video for his non-apology. Luke is more level-headed in this sense, he would recognize the title was out of line and actually apologize. Not that they should, the content was a lot of work, I get it.. Linus will be headstrong, as we know him to be. 10 bucks says he says the phrase: "I am not going to apologize". We know him well.

4 hours ago, Lucasmeis said:

But most people who have complained see this as a symptom of a larger and older problem regarding the quality of LTT vids...

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

This is one intense community. 

I'd love to know what y'all think of PewDiePie. 

This video is still pretty bad even after the title change - you didn't even mention the recent discoveries by PCPer in regards to the core architecture which is 2x4 cores on the current chips wich appearently introduces latency and thus performance issues when the two cores interact. If some of the new Ryzen 5 CPUs concist of only 1x4 core there's a chance that gaming performance might increase significantly for those chips. Not really a thing you can simulate right now.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I think LTT need to listen to the viewers more than they are but equally they must retain resilience to adapt and move the channel forward. People don't like change but change is necessary to stay on stop in a competitive market.

Having said that, click bait titles are not a positive change, they simply invoke frustration amongst the viewers when it's not what they were looking for. Titles that don't have any reference to the product name make it virtually impossible to search for older videos. The thumbnail pictures aren't as big a problem.

Now Linus admitted they got the title wrong and have changed it to previewed which most people still dislike (myself included). It's irrelevant if you have used the correct dictionary definition if the mass viewers still feel misled. 

It's a huge problem on youtube which I feel can be fixed with an updated algorithm that penalises for watched minutes below a percentage threshold. Possibly a variable threshold based on the likes/dislikes ratio and only counting a video view if the viewer watched more than a certain percentage of the video. Also reducing ad revenue if the like/dislike ratio is poor.

Click bait titles are nothing more than scams, they're dishonest and people despise them yet it's happening more and more on so many channels.

5 hours ago, papes said:

This is one intense community. 

I'd love to know what y'all think of PewDiePie. 

He has a completely different style, content and audience. Even if you watch LTT and Pewdiepie you expect two very different videos. Pewdiepie is purely entertainment. LTT is factual with some entertainment.

At the end of the day, if LTT keep upsetting their viewers they'll move elsewhere, the competition is massive and there's very little stopping people moving on. The viewers decide if a channel is successful or not. The customer is always "right" springs to mind.