AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

LTT just hit a new low. I iz amaze.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If views + subs start dropping off because of clickbait, will we get less clickbait? 

I just got baited. I think LTT has gotten worse ever since they moved offices.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Linus, April first isn't for another 12 days, you are to early on this video.

11 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Which cores on which CCX's did you disable on Ryzen? Because Inter-CCX communication isn't as good as Intercore communication on Intel. Ryzen 5 is supposedly going to be a 3-3 system, and I don't know about Ryzen 3. 

yep thats what i REALLY want to know here, that could make a segnificant differance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Which cores on which CCX's did you disable on Ryzen? Because Inter-CCX communication isn't as good as Intercore communication on Intel. Ryzen 5 is supposedly going to be a 3-3 system, and I don't know about Ryzen 3. 

You'll have to look elsewhere for actual thorough testing like that as you'll never find it in an LTT video again unfortunately.

I've found that their amount of actual content/rigorous testing is inversely proportional to their amount of click-bait. So that train left the station long ago my friend...

EDIT: Just saw dat like/dislike bar xD seems there are a lot of people who agree that the click-bait is shit.

Edited by imreloadin

Linus I really didn't appreciate your titling for this video. It was clickbaity and falls into the same group of video as the "6 life hacks that ... etc etc".

I don't ever really comment anywhere but felt I had a need to say something considering that this is something that I found extremely annoying and made me lose a bit of respect for your channel.

30 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

Could the LTT crew please listen to the community

They listened to the community: look at the myriad of threads requesting core-disabling tests in this forum...

Besides, calling this "clickbait" is as dumb as calling "liar" to someone who tells you "wait a sec" but takes more than a second. Or should they get themselves down to the level of the most stupid guy in their potential audience?

I haven't logged on in a while. But seriously, as I was watching this my thought was if this is just them knocking out the cores to simulate the CPU I would stop. I watched a little bit longer for you to justify it. When you didn't other than it has shown to demonstrate good data in the past, I stopped. I watch all of your videos. However, come on. This just builds up unnecessary hype. While sure it could be an effective method if for some reason AMD took a major dump at the lower ends it could be catastrophic for those that preorder. Which to give you the benefit of the doubt, you may mention something about not doing so in the video. But come on. This is the first time your video has angered me.

The award fits...

inb4 "our views went up when we changed the thumbnails so they're staying"

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

They listened to the community: look at the myriad of threads requesting core-disabling tests in this forum...

Besides, calling this "clickbait" is as dumb as calling "liar" to someone who tells you "wait a sec" but takes more than a second. Or should they get themselves down to the level of the most stupid guy in their potential audience?

Yeah, but don't call it "ZOMG RYZEN 5 AND 3 TESTED!!11!1!!?!?" that's where people consider it "click-bait"...

There is creating a video to address questions posited from the community, then there is doing that under the guise of testing the ACTUAL CPUs which is literally what it says, because you're not actually testing the real CPUs. I'm pretty sure that falls under most people's definition of lying.

2 minutes ago, SiverJohn17 said:

I haven't logged on in a while. But seriously, as I was watching this my thought was if this is just them knocking out the cores to simulate the CPU I would stop. I watched a little bit longer for you to justify it. When you didn't other than it has shown to demonstrate good data in the past, I stopped. I watch all of your videos. However, come on. This just builds up unnecessary hype. While sure it could be an effective method if for some reason AMD took a major dump at the lower ends it could be catastrophic for those that preorder. Which to give you the benefit of the doubt, you may mention something about not doing so in the video. But come on. This is the first time your video has angered me.

I think it kinda sorta works for the R5 6/12 chips as those chips will actually be R7's with 1 core on each CCX disabled (from what I've heard, which was real disappointing to hear), but still pointless when you can't account for CACHE.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Yeah, but don't call it "ZOMG RYZEN 5 AND 3 TESTED!!11!1!!?!?" that's where people consider it "click-bait"...

There is creating a video to address questions posited from the community, then there is doing that under the guise of testing the ACTUAL CPUs which is literally what it says, because you're not actually testing the real CPUs. I'm pretty sure that falls under most people's definition of lying.

Who with more than two neurons could take it literally and assume they were testing actual R5s and especially R3s that don't even exist other than in a slide?

Saying "jsut a sec" and actually have you waiting 1 minute is also lying by that logic.

The other disappointing thing I see here is viewers' stupidity.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

inb4 "our views went up when we changed the thumbnails so they're staying"

More like "our views went up when we lied about the content of the video so they're staying"...

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Who with more than two neurons could take it literally and assume they were testing actual R5s and especially R3s that don't even exist other than in a slide?

Saying "jsut a sec" and actually have you waiting 1 minute is also lying by that logic.

You've missed the point entirely. People are excited to see actual benchmarks. I'd guess that seeing a weaksauce "joke" like this is kind of off-putting, especially from a "trusted" tech channel.

13 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

I think you mean:

Either one. ^_^

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You really are dense aren't you?

Saying "just a second" is a well known figure of speech meaning "hold on". This is a completely different situation so I don't know why you keep beating that drum.

When Ryzen 5 and 3 actually do get released guess who's video is going to get a ton more views just because of this deliberately misleading title? This is blatant lying to get views and not just clickbait in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

PLEASE STOP DEFENDING CLICKBAIT TITLES, the title "AMD RYZEN 5 AND 3 TESTED!" is NOT what we got so it is a LIE, plain and simple. This is worse then the movie Executive Decision advertising as having Steven Seagal in the movie only to kill him off 5 minutes into it.

RIP Google Analytics.

temp.png

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

53 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

Meh...this one is excusable.  I love Back to the Future! :D

That just makes it more clickbaity!

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

7 minutes ago, SSL said:

You've missed the point entirely. People are excited to see actual benchmarks. I'd guess that seeing a weaksauce "joke" like this is kind of off-putting, especially from a "trusted" tech channel.

At least they actually put minimum FPS in this video. Baby steps.

43 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I wish that i5s were included.... They cost the same after all....

SAME

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

Just now, Kloaked said:

At least they actually put minimum FPS in this video. Baby steps.

Wait, they had information this time? :o

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Wait, they had information this time? :o

Still missing another crucial bit, which is frame latency :)