ColonelThunder

TS3 Server Issues

Posted · Original PosterOP

Il try to make it quick and short . 

I accuired and older PC , that il use as a TS3 server , and so far it works . But only for the computers on my home network . 

Says in the tutorial to open port 9987 for TS3 , which i did on both of my routers , and in the firewall of the host PC . Also , the host PC has a static IP .

When i go and check if the ports are open , it either says that they are not open , or a connection timeout .

Any ideas ? The routers are a TC7200-DMS and a TP-LINK TL-WR843ND. 

1 minute ago, UberGamerKing said:

This is why you use Discord

ya to bad discord i down 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor 

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz RAM
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti (waiting for prices to drop to get a decent card) 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA - 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync (AMD Adaptive Sync) Gaming Monitor, 1920 x 1080 Full HD, 144 Hz 

Keyboard: 1992 IBM model M

Mouse: Logitech G502

probably a mistake you made in portforwarding, this stuff gets messy when you are working with double NAT.

Il try to take some screenshots to make it easier .. 

Router #1

bandicam 2017-03-20 20-51-13-981.jpg

Router #2

bandicam 2017-03-20 20-50-48-254.jpg

On the host PC , all the ports have been allowed thru the firewall ... 

And this is the part that confuses me : when i give the IP to someone outside my LAN , i give them the Public IP + port at the end ? for example 192.564.987.1:9987 ( not my iP just an example ) 

9 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Router #1

Router #2

And this is the part that confuses me : when i give the IP to someone outside my LAN , i give them the Public IP + port at the end ? for example 192.564.987.1:9987 ( not my iP just an example ) 

Yes, go to http://whatismyip.com and give them that IP address.

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |

2 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

So only the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the port or without it ?

They only need the port if your not using default otherwise teamspeak SHOULD be OK however I'd give them with the port anyway as it can't hurt.

Like this: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |

Well , tried it from a neibghours laptop , says cannot connect . 

And also tried from my laptop which is in the LAN but in a different subnet i suppose , also doesnt want to connect.  

1 hour ago, ColonelThunder said:

Router #1

Router #2

Are you running dual NAT or are both modems connected to a WAN?

And schould the external and internal IP be the same on router 1?

Edit: i ment routers not modems <.<

3 minutes ago, Fr3dr1k said:

Are you running dual NAT or are both modems connected to a WAN?

And schould the external and internal IP be the same on router 1?

Well , this is how it is hooked up , i have no idea what NAT is , but il try to explain it :

TC-7200 ( main router ) provides internet for the laptop and TV via wi-fi and is hooked up to the TV receiver via cable . Then a cable runs from it , all the way to my room into the TP-LINK unit , on which i have the host PC and my gaming PC hooked up via cable and it also provides wifi to a smartphone and a tv . 

So i suppose ( at least from wiking what NAT is ) that i have to deal with that ? 

You might be running dual NAT if you haven't configured it otherwise. If so you'll have to find the IP for router 2 and set portforwarding from router #1 to the IP of router #2. Then forward from Router #2 to the IP of the server.

So if i got it right , IP of Router #2 into the port forwarding IP of Router #1 , and then use the server IP as target for Router #2 port forwarding ? 

2 minutes ago, Fr3dr1k said:

You might be running dual NAT if you haven't configured it otherwise. If so you'll have to find the IP for router 2 and set portforwarding from router #1 to the IP of router #2. Then forward from Router #2 to the IP of the server.

Just now, ColonelThunder said:

So if i got it right , IP of Router #2 into the port forwarding IP of Router #1 , and then use the server IP as target for Router #2 port forwarding ? 

Yes

5 minutes ago, Fr3dr1k said:

Yes

Tried it , still doesnt work . 

Tho , an observation i did make : I tried connecting with the laptop via wifi  If i try over the #1 Router , it doesnt work . BUT if i connect to the #2 Router , it recognizes the IP and it works . 

I suppose i just cant open the needed ports on Router #1 for whatever reason ? 

2 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Tried it , still doesnt work . 

Tho , an observation i did make : I tried connecting with the laptop via wifi  If i try over the #1 Router , it doesnt work . BUT if i connect to the #2 Router , it recognizes the IP and it works . 

I suppose i just cant open the needed ports on Router #1 for whatever reason ? 

To clarify.

You can connect to the server on the IP 192.168.1.100 from router #2 but not from router #1?

Try using the IP of the router to connect to the TS3 server.

If that works Router #2 is fine, and you probably have to change router #1 port forwarding.

Although i recomend not using dual NAT, or plugging the server to router #1.

1 minute ago, Fr3dr1k said:

To clarify.

You can connect to the server on the IP 192.168.1.100 from router #2 but not from router #1?

Try using the IP of the router to connect to the TS3 server.

If that works Router #2 is fine, and you probably have to change router #1 port forwarding.

Although i recomend not using dual NAT, or plugging the server to router #1.

Yes exactly that . When i connect to the #2 router with the laptop it works . 

Sadly there is no way to connect the server directly to the #1 router ,as the cables run in walls .

I guess il need to experiment with the port forwarding settings on router #1

5 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Yes exactly that . When i connect to the #2 router with the laptop it works . 

Sadly there is no way to connect the server directly to the #1 router ,as the cables run in walls .

I guess il need to experiment with the port forwarding settings on router #1

Only thing i can think of now is that the external IP has to be the IP that you get from your ISP and internal is the IP of router #2 (external = outside NAT, internal = inside NAT)

5 minutes ago, Fr3dr1k said:

Only thing i can think of now is that the external IP has to be the IP that you get from your ISP and internal is the IP of router #2 (external = outside NAT, internal = inside NAT)

By ISP ip you mean the public IP or ?

I know the router has the standard 192.168.xxx.xxx.. other than that i dont know alot